I've had an interesting morning........

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    GiantMike wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    I called in this morning to look at the CCTV

And??????

You can clearly see the guy inside, and once he's bought his food, he can be seen at the door pointing at me and 'gesticulating'.

Just need to ID him now. He was the passenger of the car he got into, so the reg will only ID the driver. I'm not sure what the situation is, if the driver refuses to tell the Police the name of the goon who threw coffee on me.

Anyone got any thoughts there ?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59
    GiantMike wrote:
    Was the coffee very hot? You could sue MacDonalds for not having a warning about having hot drinks thrown at you?

Scalding !!!

I told a mate who's from Texas, he said you'd be shot in Texas if you threw coffee in someone's face !
  • I told a mate who's from Texas, he said you'd be shot in Texas if you threw coffee in someone's face !

And that's exactly how these type of people should be dealt with!
    He's probably the sort that won't even care if he has to go to court or prison.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    MattC59 wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    Was the coffee very hot? You could sue MacDonalds for not having a warning about having hot drinks thrown at you?

Scalding !!!

I told a mate who's from Texas, he said you'd be shot in Texas if you threw coffee in someone's face !

I seem to remember a few years ago someone suing McD's for serving scalding drinks. Can't remember the outcome, it was probably "Do you want fries with that?"
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    MattC59 wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:

Scalding !!!

I seem to remember a few years ago someone suing McD's for serving scalding drinks. Can't remember the outcome, it was probably "Do you want fries with that?"
    This :-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v. ... estaurants
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    MattC59 wrote:
    You can clearly see the guy inside, and once he's bought his food, he can be seen at the door pointing at me and 'gesticulating'.

Just need to ID him now. He was the passenger of the car he got into, so the reg will only ID the driver. I'm not sure what the situation is, if the driver refuses to tell the Police the name of the goon who threw coffee on me.

The Rozzers will probably be able to work out who he is anyway if he's got any 'hstory'.

Failing that, I imagine that the driver will immediately tell the Rozzers the name of the tw@t.

Rozzer: 'Ello, ello, ello. What's all this then. You seem to have assisted a caucasian male assault perpetrate a vicious assault of han innocent member of the general public. Give us his name or we'll bang you up for some trumped-up charge that you're too stoopid to understand.

Getaway Driver: All right, all right. You've got me banged to rights and no mistake. I aint no grass, but he's called Dave 'The Costa Killer' Dawson. Just don't tell 'im I told ya or he'll slice me up good an proper!

Rozzer: Much abliged Sir.
  • nutter_bed wrote:

And that's exactly how these type of people should be dealt with!
    He's probably the sort that won't even care if he has to go to court or prison.

That's why I'm glad I live in Britain and not USA.

It's bad enough what's already happened and Matt, I hope the irksome tw@t gets what he deserves. But Nutter_bed to express a desire that such altercations should end up in a person being shot (beit dead or not) is just a rediculous escalation of violence. People would be being shot all over the place everyday not good.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Who is the victim here :?:
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    Who is the victim here :?:
    The kids man! The kids

Oh wait :roll:
  • dodgerdog
    dodgerdog Posts: 292
    Matt,

Seems to me it serves you right on two counts:

- Driving and not cycling - had you cycled to McD's you would not have gone through the drive-in :lol:
    - ordering a coffee from McD - going to such a place can only end in trouble as it places you in cose proximity to muppets such as your new matey :?

Once all that is considered good to know no long term damage is done and that el federales are taking it seriously although had this happened to you on a bike rather than sat in a car you know they would have told you it was all your own fault and that Rule 5 applies :wink:
    Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
    Ribble Gran Fondo
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    What a complete and utter w&*ker!! Hope you're ok Matt - and the scumbag has now been nicked.

Any more news??
  • Sorry, I have to pick you up on one point. The hottest substance known to man is actually a McDonalds apple pie. They also retain the ability to retain heat like nothing else. If they could be connected to a generator they could power the world.
  • MattC59
    What a complete and utter w&*ker!! Hope you're ok Matt - and the scumbag has now been nicked.

Any more news??

No more news just yet, although I think I missed a call from the police this afternoon.
    Splitting headache again; it was ok this morning, but every movement of my eye hurts, so it's resulted in a headache again. Should be fine in a few days though.
  • MattC59
    Sorry, I have to pick you up on one point. The hottest substance known to man is actually a McDonalds apple pie. They also retain the ability to retain heat like nothing else. If they could be connected to a generator they could power the world.

You're right, I guess I should count myself lucky that he wasn't armed with said pie :lol:
    (although I'm pretty sure that the inside of my car wouldn't be in such a mess !!!)
  • MattC59 wrote:

Any more news??

No more news just yet, although I think I missed a call from the police this afternoon.
    Splitting headache again; it was ok this morning, but every movement of my eye hurts, so it's resulted in a headache again. Should be fine in a few days though.

I'm assuming the Police took an initial statement from you? If they get the bloke who did it, If it goes to court make sure you give a victim personal statement, then it can be read out to the court and it shows that the pain he caused you wasn't over within a few minutes, but has caused you pain for several days after. A good victim personal statement can significantly impact judging decisions and what punishment the offender can get.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 wrote:

Any more news??

I'm assuming the Police took an initial statement from you? If they get the bloke who did it, If it goes to court make sure you give a victim personal statement, then it can be read out to the court and it shows that the pain he caused you wasn't over within a few minutes, but has caused you pain for several days after. A good victim personal statement can significantly impact judging decisions and what punishment the offender can get.

Will do!
    Yep, the Police came round to my house yesterday afternoon and took a statement.
    The Police seem to think it'll go to court, assuming that the driver gives them the details of the guy who threw the coffee.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    MattC59 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Any more news??

Will do!
    Yep, the Police came round to my house yesterday afternoon and took a statement.
    The Police seem to think it'll go to court, assuming that the driver gives them the details of the guy who threw the coffee.

Where do you stand on criminal injury compensation? Eye injury and permanent facial scarring sounds like a very, very sexy new bike to me.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Yup - don't forget the criminal injuries compensation scheme .......
  • MattC59
    jim453 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Any more news??

Will do!

Where do you stand on criminal injury compensation? Eye injury and permanent facial scarring sounds like a very, very sexy new bike to me.

Maybe I'll need that mask that Jordan suggested, although I'm sure that there are some who would say I need it already !
  • MattC59
    To be honest I've no idea where I might stand on any form of compensation. My suit's wrecked, the inside of my car is in a right state and I've now had a screaming headache since yesterday morning :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,094
    If you had said you prayers the night before the incident and every night after that and asked forgiveness from God, this would have never happened to you. Its 'cos you're a non-believer. Its all your fault.

Keep us posted. Get a personal injury lawyer and litigate the bollox of the bastard - have them stuffed and mounted and sealed in perspex. Imagine if you had lost an eye, fuk me wtf is the matter with people?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    MattC59 wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    I called in this morning to look at the CCTV

And??????

Bloody hell Matt hope you're OK.

If the driver wants to go down the path of not naming names then the police will either do him for withholding evidence or maybe even assisting an offender. But what will the drivers argument be, "no sir no idea who he was, I just let this random guy sit in my van as I drive about and then we got peckish so stopped at McD's".

Seems like your pretty well sorted. Police will find out who he is, match his face to the CCTV images and then laugh at his excuse, court will see the evidence and it sounds like he will get convicted, especially if it's all on CCTV and the witnesses too. Just hope he doesn't have a good lawyer so gets a proper sentence and not some 40 hours unpaid work crap.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    As always in law it isn't that simple.

A person has a right to silence. The driver can exercise that right. Rice v Connolly defines you cannot be guilty of obstructing an officer by passively saying nothing.

It is down to the police to charge the silent driver with a correct charge, unfortunately they often get it wrong and the case is dismissed.
    Peter
  • d87heaven
    d87heaven Posts: 348
    DF33 wrote:
    As always in law in this country its sh[t but makes the legal profession very rich.

A person has a right to silence. The driver can exercise that right. Rice v Connolly defines you cannot be guilty of obstructing an officer by passively saying nothing.

It is down to the police to charge the silent driver with a correct charge, unfortunately they often get it wrong and the case is dismissed.

FTFY
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    FWIW Matt, Autoglym vinyl and rubber care (yellow sqaure) will get most crap off your dash and trim and their interior shampoo (greeen square) will sort the rest out.

I had a bad reaction to an insect bite a few months back, which lost me the use of my left eye for a week or so, hurt like hell and I had a few bad headaches so I can understand how you feel (but burns too, must be worse!).

Get well soon
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    I've read the whole thread and can't believe we haven't had: Pics or it didn't happen!

Glad you're semi-ok though dude. Can't believe how messed up some people are. Absolute spazwankles
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • Sorry, I have to pick you up on one point. The hottest substance known to man is actually a McDonalds apple pie. They also retain the ability to retain heat like nothing else. If they could be connected to a generator they could power the world.

"It's hotter than the Sun Lyn!"
    2011 Trek Madone 3.1c
    2012 Ribble 7005 Winter Trainer

Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Matt get yourself off to a local car detailer ( not a carwash!!!) These boys barely leave a spec of dust anywhere in the car.

Get a quote for full interior detailing and shampooing,hell if you want go for a little paint correction on the outside too. Use this quote to claim expenses back.
  • pauldavid
    pauldavid Posts: 392
    Matt get yourself off to a local car detailer ( not a carwash!!!) These boys barely leave a spec of dust anywhere in the car.

Get a quote for full interior detailing and shampooing,hell if you want go for a little paint correction on the outside too. Use this quote to claim expenses back.

Matt, any feedback from the Police, have they identified the tosser?
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Bloody hell Matt, only just seen this as not been on line, really hope you're okay and the scum bag gets what's coming.

love n gentle hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk