I've had an interesting morning........

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited August 2012 in The bottom bracket
Some c*nt took offence when he stepped out in front of me and I managed to avoid running him over. I asked him why he thought it a good idea to step in front of a moving car and he went absolutely bat sh*t. After perhaps thirty second of verbal abuse from him, (where admittedly I did suggest that his mum must be very proud of him), he went into McDonalds, came out with a steaming cup of Maccers coffee (the hottest thing known to man) and offered me more violence.

When I declined his offer to get out of the car for a fight, he took a run up and pitched his full cup of coffee like a baseball, through my car window and it hit me square in the eye. (To be fair, as I was moving it was a pretty good shot !) the cup of coffee promptly exploded all over me and the inside of my car

My thoughs (with a scalding face) went along the lines of:
Ow ! my eye !
I'm gonna tear your f*cking head off !!!
Ow ! my eye !!
OW ! MY F*CKING EYE !!!!!

He promptly f*cked off, I got his numberplate and phoned the police. There was CCTV everywhere, so the police are pretty sure they'll catch him.

As a result, I spent 3hrs in A&E this morning getting by eyes checked for burns. Turns out I was lucky, I blinked as the cup hit. My right eyelid and side of my face is scalded and bruised, but my eyes didnt' get burned. So I've got bruises, scalds and a mild concussion to my right eye. Eyesight is a little off due to the impact, but thee doc said it should be fine in about 24hrs or so.

The policeman asked if I'd be happy to go to court. I said I'd help build the gallows !!!!

(and there was sugar in the coffee, so there's sticky residue on every surface in the car !!)
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• Blimey that's rough, and premeditated.
    I hope they get him.
  • p9uma
    p9uma Posts: 565
    MattC59 wrote:
    Some c*nt took offence when he stepped out in front of me and I managed to avoid running him over. I asked him why he thought it a good idea to step in front of a moving car and he went absolutely bat sh*t. After perhaps thirty second of verbal abuse from him, (where admittedly I did suggest that his mum must be very proud of him), he went into McDonalds, came out with a steaming cup of Maccers coffee (the hottest thing known to man) and offered me more violence.

When I declined his offer to get out of the car for a fight, he took a run up and pitched his full cup of coffee like a baseball, through my car window and it hit me square in the eye. (To be fair, as I was moving it was a pretty good shot !) the cup of coffee promptly exploded all over me and the inside of my car

My thoughs (with a scalding face) went along the lines of:
    Ow ! my eye !
    I'm gonna tear your f*cking head off !!!
    Ow ! my eye !!
    OW ! MY F*CKING EYE !!!!!

He promptly f*cked off, I got his numberplate and phoned the police. There was CCTV everywhere, so the police are pretty sure they'll catch him.

As a result, I spent 3hrs in A&E this morning getting by eyes checked for burns. Turns out I was lucky, I blinked as the cup hit. My right eyelid and side of my face is scalded and bruised, but my eyes didnt' get burned. So I've got bruises, scalds and a mild concussion to my right eye. Eyesight is a little off due to the impact, but thee doc said it should be fine in about 24hrs or so.

The policeman asked if I'd be happy to go to court. I said I'd help build the gallows !!!!

(and there was sugar in the coffee, so there's sticky residue on every surface in the car !!)

What's truly awful, amd extraordinary story. I hope you are ok. It's gods work that is! ;-/
    Trek Madone 3.5
    Whyte Coniston
    1970 Dawes Kingpin
  • Thats feckking dreadful - what a mong.

Hope your ok.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • MattC59
    Have a splitting headache at the mo and sore face and eye.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Are you sure you weren't asking for it Matt?

If this guy goes to prison, who'll look after his children?

You'll have a lot to answer for.
  • jim453 wrote:

If this guy goes to prison, who'll look after his children?

You'll have a lot to answer for.
    Classy.
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    Waste of coffee.
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • MattC59
    jim453 wrote:

The only time I swore at him was after he had repeatedly shouted something along the lines of "come on, get out of the car you pussy", to which I replied, in a very dismissive manner "oh f*ck off ya prick". (it was about 7.30am, I wasn't feeling that imaginative).

Any other time, perhaps I might have been asking for it, but not today I'm afraid.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Where's Ronald when you want him?

f5cec4914402c881faeee04bf7c5b789.jpg

Hope you're ok.
  • MattC59
    byke68 wrote:
    Waste of coffee.

He'd already ruined it by putting sugar in it...... Perhaps that's why he threw it, didn't like the taste. I suspect it was because he's a c*nt though.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Do you want me to blow up his house?
  • byke68
    byke68 Posts: 1,070
    MattC59 wrote:
    byke68 wrote:
    Waste of coffee.

He'd already ruined it by putting sugar in it...... Perhaps that's why he threw it, didn't like the taste. I suspect it was because he's a c*nt though.

I mean what sort of moron would go into MacShite, buy a coffee just to throw at someone? I know their "coffee" is crap but...........
    If he had gone into M &S, and came out with a smoothie and chucked it at you, that would be funny!
    Cannondale Trail 6 - crap brakes!
    Cannondale CAAD8
  • MattC59
    Yossie wrote:
    Do you want me to blow up his house?

Probably wise, he was dissing the delicious Vicky as well. :shock:
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I'm glad that you are ok but you could have been scarred for life. As an alternative to beating the living sh1t out of him I hope he is prosecuted for GBH.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Hope you get better quickly and the police catch him.
  • Dog Breath
    Dog Breath Posts: 314
    Jeez. There are absolute f*cktards in this world. Hope you are OK and he gets what's coming to him.
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    MattC59 wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

The only time I swore at him was after he had repeatedly shouted something along the lines of "come on, get out of the car you pussy", to which I replied, in a very dismissive manner "oh f*ck off ya prick". (it was about 7.30am, I wasn't feeling that imaginative).

Any other time, perhaps I might have been asking for it, but not today I'm afraid.
    Don't sweat it. I am sure that Jim is being mischevious and linking to the "Unbelieveable" thread.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    I think this would go well with the Enigma :wink: :

17016.jpg&size=300

Hope you're feeling better soon Matt. Some people are just oxygen thieves, hope this gets sorted by the rozzers.

p.s - Can I have the little token from the coffee cup? One more and I get a freebie :)
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Unbelievable.So much for the feel good factor-there are some unhinged individuals out there that have no restraints.At least he didnt pull a knife.Glad it wasnt worse but keep on at the Police to chase him down-they will certainly charge him if they can identify him.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Why were you waiting for him to come back out of McDonalds. Presumably you weren't expecting him to shout you a happy meal?

Anyway, any witnesses? This should be a very easy ask, even for the local plod.

Keep us posted as to how it goes. And I do hope you were not to badly or permanently injured.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Thats awful! Lucky lucky man

Was it decaf or regular? :lol:
  • jim453 wrote:
    Why were you waiting for him to come back out of McDonalds. Presumably you weren't expecting him to shout you a happy meal?

Keep us posted as to how it goes. And I do hope you were not to badly or permanently injured.
    In fairness that was the question I wanted to ask, but felt I'd get hammered for asking, after the 'other' thread.
  • MattC59
    jim453 wrote:

I wasn't waiting :lol: , I'd gone thought the drive through for a coffee. He was waiting by the door (which is by the exit for the drive through) when I came out. He actually pointed me out to his mate ! I drove past, at which he hurled a load of abuse at me, so I gave him a very dismissive "f*ck off", and drove on. At this he ran across the car park to cut me off and hurled his cup of coffee through the window at me.

Fortunalely, it was on a retail park! There is CCTV everywhere and there's also the internal CCTV at MacDonalds to ID him from. I also got the reg of the car that he was in and the details of four witnesses, who had watched the whole thing unfold from their van.

I guess that'll teach me to drink MacDonalds coffee :roll: :lol:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    MattC59 wrote:

Fortunalely, it was on a retail park! There is CCTV everywhere and there's also the internal CCTV at MacDonalds to ID him from. I also got the reg of the car that he was in and the details of four witnesses, who had watched the whole thing unfold from their van.

This is most good. Most good.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    MattC59 wrote:
    I guess that'll teach me to drink MacDonalds coffee :roll: :lol:

You see, you've learned a valuable lesson!

And, of course, McDonalds 'coffee' is no longer the hottest thing known to man outside a meltdown after that court case in the states. Had this happened a few years ago you and the car would have been melted.

And seriously - getting arsey with people at a McDonalds drive through? Surely you are pretty much guaranteed to get a violent response? That sort of thing doesn't happen at Pizza Express!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Maybe he ordered teh UnHappy meal - it does what it says on the tin. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Never been to MacD`s-do you get a free top up?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • MattC59
    nevman wrote:
    Never been to MacD`s-do you get a free top up?

Actually, I got a free coffee at the time, and I called in this morning to look at the CCTV and they gave me a free breakfast and coffee. Don't know how long I can milk that for though :lol:
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Was the coffee very hot? You could sue MacDonalds for not having a warning about having hot drinks thrown at you?
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    MattC59 wrote:
    I called in this morning to look at the CCTV

And??????