To all you reverb people

2»

Comments

• milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    Ride it once on the Nomad and realise you aren't going back.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    milko9000 wrote:
    Yeah, I was wondering if this would happen. If you buy one for one bike and not the other it would be interesting to see how 'useful' you find it and if you have to get one for the other bike.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    bails87 wrote:
    milko9000 wrote:
    Yeah, I was wondering if this would happen. If you buy one for one bike and not the other it would be interesting to see how 'useful' you find it and if you have to get one for the other bike.

Which is what happened to me. Got a command post on the enduro. When I first built the C456 up (as a 2nd bike) I didn't bother with a dropper. Only lasted about 3 weeks before I got one for that too. (reverb).
    Also had a KS on previous bike. Wouldn't be without one on any bike - unless I get a DH monster, don't think that will need one :)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Was almost tempted to get a second on my order anyway :), but thought I'd try this out first and decide.

Could swap over with a shim and probably will do that to try it out. Practically it's hassle though as I swap between the bikes often and would have to take the lever off the bars, unclip the cable, and the reverse to put it on the other bike. When I just get home and have 10 minutes to fly out the door picking up the bike on the way it's hassle.
  • DodgeT wrote:
    Post back with the figures as I mentioned, as you need far more than 120mm visible in order to go for the 125 drop.

Just measured mine, from bottom of collar to seat rails is 190mm. Mines a 125 drop. So on the same basis, a 100 drop will need you to run approx 165mm of post.

Ok about to pull the trigger on one of these, this has been helped by some mental deals currently CRC.

My numbers are this - diameter 31.6, 185 above the frame and 200 inside the frame (mm)

I really want the 125 drop, but that's not on sale, so may just opt for the 100

Thanks
  • why scrimp and regret it???? you know you'll kick yourself if it's not what you want!
  • Currently curled up on the floor foaming at the mouth