Component costs UK

2»

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Curleyboy wrote:
    stubs wrote:
    Incidentally all goods sold in EU through dealers are covered by warranty. These being pan european.

Best of British luck to you if you try and take up a warranty claim in Europe. I have experience of it and it just wasnt worth the time and the hassle of chasing the dealer and dealing with another legal system. In Britain things are a lot simpler.

I deal with European companies all the time. Every week in fact. All claims I have had have been sorted very quickly. You can even take the company to the small claims court here if needs be.

Unfortunately thats not my experience. Try chasing a company in Spain and you might as well piss your money down the drain. Its all very well winning a case in this country or even in Spain but then how do you enforce any ruling. My sister is down approximately 55,000 euros after a property buy went wrong she won her case, theoretically has the law on her side and the other party just laughed at her.

The law is one thing enforcing it in another country is another.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    nicklouse wrote:
    but dont expect the same customer service that you would get in the UK.

True, it's a lot better in Germany.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd presume that's why you don't see many of them at DH events.

The reason is the one I said before - they haven't caught on yet. The reviews across the range are mostly positive. All this about good/bad geo is pretty much nonsense too, good geo is what the rider likes.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the geo of Canyons either, it fits well within the range of many other DH bikes. Plus many riders from the top teams have customised geometry which is different from the stock factory release anyway.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    stubs wrote:
    Incidentally all goods sold in EU through dealers are covered by warranty. These being pan european.

Best of British luck to you if you try and take up a warranty claim in Europe. I have experience of it and it just wasnt worth the time and the hassle of chasing the dealer and dealing with another legal system. In Britain things are a lot simpler.
    Nope. Your warrenty is with the seller. Yes it is a pan european warrenty but your contact point is the seller. It may then be moved to somewhere more local. But often not.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Yes and they have to be honoured regardless where in Europe you may live. Obviously I'm buying ftom reputable companies not The Spanish LBC.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Yes and they have to be honoured regardless where in Europe you may live. Obviously I'm buying ftom reputable companies not The Spanish LBC.
    yes but you still have to go through the point of sale.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    supersonic wrote:
    I'd presume that's why you don't see many of them at DH events.

The reason is the one I said before - they haven't caught on yet. The reviews across the range are mostly positive. All this about good/bad geo is pretty much nonsense too, good geo is what the rider likes.

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with the geo of Canyons either, it fits well within the range of many other DH bikes. Plus many riders from the top teams have customised geometry which is different from the stock factory release anyway.

So why is the Canyon taking so much longer to catch on than the Rose, YT & Nukeproof?
    Geometry doesn't look ideal, kind of similar to DH bikes from about 5 years ago. BB is a little high & head angle is too steep. There isn't any proper geometry adjustment, they don't even have different length linkages available. I guess it's not designed as a race bike, but then why go to the expense of Deemax wheels & CCDB shock if it's not a race bike?
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    As I said. They (Canyon) seem to have just plonked DH components onto what is basically their freeride frame. If I was racing DH I'd want a proper DH bike like the Scalp. Beefcake DH or Tues.

With Rose's Beefcake FR and Beefcake DH - different frames, different geo, different bikes
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    As I said. They (Canyon) seem to have just plonked DH components onto what is basically their freeride frame. If I was racing DH I'd want a proper DH bike like the Scalp. Beefcake DH or Tues.

With Rose's Beefcake FR and Beefcake DH - different frames, different geo, different bikes

Beefcake DH is a nice ride, new model should be even better.
    This weekend I discovered that the Scalp is the Mondeo of Downhill mountain biking, 11 out of 32 bikes on the FoD uplift yesterday were Scalps.