Fathead-- AVOID Negative experince

mattythemod
mattythemod Posts: 289
Bought some secondhand Roadshoes of Fathead aka real name (deleted) which did not match up to his discription, a fair size gourge in the sole which has resulted in the sole coming apart .

In subsquent pm `s he even admitted that he " overlooked " the fault in question , not sure if this was dishonest or a genuine mistake but he has been unwilling to resolve things and has not replied to my last pm ,dissapointing transaction .

Comments

• epo-aholic
    epo-aholic Posts: 1,414
    i have to say i'm surprised. I know Sidiq and he's a stand up guy, he does have other things going on so that may well be why he hasn't replied, i'm sure he will soon enough. If i see him i'll mention this thread.
  • fred22
    fred22 Posts: 509
    Have to say I'm NOT suprised. Bought an Arione saddle of this person a good while back advertised as good condition and when it arrived it was glued together! Seller had taken a careful picture for the advert and , er, forgot to mention this thinking that it wasnt noteworthy as 'they all end up like that'. Offered me a £5 refund which wasnt the price I paid, instead I've kept that saddle to remind me not to trust everyone who's selling on this forum.
  • fred22
    I can provide pictures of the saddle if anyones interested, and we'll see if you think it should have been mentioned or not...
  • Did you post feedback in this section as a warning it might of saved me 60 odd quid and a whole heap of dramas ?
  • Would love to see the pictures as it seems the same MO with the shoes .
  • Fat Head
    Fat Head Posts: 765
    Saddle glued together ....bit of glue used to stick down outer layer of saddle I
    Sole falling off - bit of carbon flaking away. I described shoes as a fair bit of chipping on sole and knocked a tenner off asking price at buyers request.

Sorry you are not happy but sold many items on here to people who were

Mat, from what I remember from our pm exchanges there were no outstanding things to be discussed and you were putting it down to bad experience, I don't think I was ignoring you
  • Fat Head
    Here is one of several pics included in the advert for the shoes. This was so buyers could make their own mind up with out relying on seller's description which as we've seen can be 'subjective'. please note 'the sole falling off' is the bit of carbon that has flaked away on the top shoe near the vent at the toe
    IMGP3763.jpg

re the saddle, superglue was used to stick down a small bit of the outer layer that had started to come loose at the rear of the saddle.from memory the saddle was listed as well used and perhaps the buyer could remind me how much he paid for the arione?
  • Fat Head
    Buyer was overall happy with every other aspect of the shoes but disappointed at the description r.e. the sole.
    http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp16 ... GP3765.jpg
  • Fat Head
    IMGP3765.jpg
  • fred22
    Fat Head wrote:
    re the saddle, superglue was used to stick down a small bit of the outer layer that had started to come loose at the rear of the saddle.from memory the saddle was listed as well used and perhaps the buyer could remind me how much he paid for the arione?

You what?

Do you believe the sh1 te that you spout? If you do you live in a different world and if you dont then you are a liar.

You sold me a saddle that was used. YOU NEVER MENTIONED THAT YOU HAD GLUED IT BACK TOGETHER -do you understand this, this is pretty f***ing significant. There is a world of difference between a well used saddle and a well used saddle that has been badly glued together.

Why did you not mention it? Did you genuinely believe that it didnt matter??? Of course you knew, but who would buy a saddle if you said 'glued together'? I wouldnt have.

YOu didnt have the decency to be honest then and you havent changed. You were a liar then and you are a liar now.

The saddle, well here it is. Would anyone on here feel happy about buying this if they hadnt been told that there was anything wrong with the saddle and hadnt been told that it was glued together

Soon as it came out of the jiffy bag I thought 'the stripe isnt straight'
    IMG_1903.jpg

And that nose isnt right?
    IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg
    Fat Head wrote:
    re the saddle, superglue was used to stick down a small bit of the outer layer that had started to come loose at the rear of the saddle.from memory
    YOU NEVER MENTIONED THAT YOU HAD GLUED IT BACK TOGETHER
    IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

Do you get it yet? You sold me a saddle that was glued together YOU NEVER MENTIONED THAT YOU HAD GLUED IT BACK TOGETHER

GIVE ME BACK MY MONEY and I'll return the saddle
  • Fat Head
    Hi how much do I owe you?
  • Fat Head wrote:
    Here is one of several pics included in the advert for the shoes. This was so buyers could make their own mind up with out relying on seller's description which as we've seen can be 'subjective'. please note 'the sole falling off' is the bit of carbon that has flaked away on the top shoe near the vent at the toe
    IMGP3763.jpg

The above photo where you can see the sole of the shoe where there is a piece of the sole missing right above the cleat and below the sole ventalaition mesh is a gourge where you can eaily lift the sole by your own admisssion in PMS you stated and i quote

"I know the bit you are talking about. First of all this was an honest omission from the description, I knew there was a good bit of chipping and scuffing which I stated in the advert but admit this bit should have been highlighted more in the description"

Now i guess you would call that delamination of the soleand its easy to lift the sole making the shoes almost wothless , at the very least you should of doen the right thing and offered me a refund instead of ripping off another cyclist and going against the trust that is earned on these forums .

Now as for that Saddle , its not my fight but IF you sold it in that condition then you should be embarassed and ashamed .
  • Fat Head
    You've deffo been sitting that saddle too close to the fire
  • fred22
    You're still a liar. It's exactly as you sent it, been in a drawer all this time.

Pm me and I'll remind you how much you owe me
  • Fat Head wrote:

About £70 and if you could provide your address details si i can return the shoes to you that would be reasonable .
  • fred22
    Fat Head wrote:
    About £25 for the saddle and if you could provide your address details so i can return the saddle to you that would be reasonable .
  • Fat Head
    You will need to forward all claims of money to the dss
  • ???
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    ???

I think fat head is essentially saying you can whistle for your refund.
  • dodgy wrote:
    ???

Thats not nice !
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    dodgy wrote:
    ???

Thats not nice !

I know! Hope you don't think I agree with him!
  • No of course not .

Have bought and sold thousands of pounds of cyle kit over years on various forums and this is the first time i have any issues , damm shame its come to the selller being rude and arrogant.
  • i have to say i'm surprised. I know Sidiq and he's a stand up guy

It may appear not?

Sorry, nothing to do with me, shouldn't have posted really, couldn't resist. Thanks for posting feedback though, it's good to know who to avoid - backed up by his comments to the complaints. Strange thing to say.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    I have to admit that if I received a saddle like that for just a fiver then I would be very miffed, there comes a time when stuff should be binned not sold and that saddle is a perfect example.
  • Velonutter wrote:
    I have to admit that if I received a saddle like that for just a fiver then I would be very miffed, there comes a time when stuff should be binned not sold and that saddle is a perfect example.

Lets be honest you could not give that saddle away !!

I hope this thread will remind everyone that Private sales on here can go wrong and not to be Complacent !
  • MattyyP
    MattyyP Posts: 142
    I think if i've learnt anything from this thread, it's that before I pay anybody anything for an item, i'll be getting their address off them first so if it is a bag of sh*t I know where to go to sort it.

Hope you both get your money back!
    Specialized Secteur Sport 2011
    B'Twin Rockrider 8 XC
    B'Twin Rockrider 9.1
  • MattyyP wrote:
    I think if i've learnt anything from this thread, it's that before I pay anybody anything for an item, i'll be getting their address off them first so if it is a bag of sh*t I know where to go to sort it.

Hope you both get your money back!

Not much hope of getting any money back from the seller and the address only helps if your not at the other end of the UK like this seller is .

The seller really is a disgrace to this forum and hopefully wont rip anyone else off here .
  • Just an update ...today i had a refund from my Credit Card company for this transaction as i rasied a dispute and they have reversed the paypal transaction, suspect the seller wont be happy when he notices his Paypal balance !!
  • fred22
    Well done matt, nothing more than you deserve but well done anyway.
  • Refund the guys man ! If they costumer is not happy !
    Cannondale RZ 140 (WIP) (24.35lbs ) full suspension
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12860378