• vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    I might, to meet some northerners.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Yeah fine.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Good. Much as I like Regents Park, I don't want to be sat there on my own...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Good. Much as I like Regents Park, I don't want to be sat there on my own...

I'll be there.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    i'm in.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I'm still coming and will be using the SS. Heavy rain might stop play though.

Err, whereabouts in Regents Park is the meeting place?
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Should be there on the fixed
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    D'oh! I was going to try and make it all the way up north but stupidly hadn't realised it's on Sunday. Got dinner with my parents as they're just back from their holidays, might try to reschedule them for Saturday if I don't miss out on a good pudding.
  • rick_chasey
    Ha.

Might come straight from the clubrun.
  • vermin
    the clubrun.

:?:
  • rick_chasey
    vermin wrote:
    the clubrun.

Trying to make it a habit to go out with the Kingston Wheelers every Sunday morning.

You know. Go around all the Surrey hills trying to beat your PBs and all that ;).
  • dhope
    vermin wrote:
    the clubrun.

Trying to make it a habit to go out with the Kingston Wheelers every Sunday morning.

You know. Go around all the Surrey hills trying to beat your PBs and all that ;).
    :cry:
    I'll miss the KW once I've moved. Not that I've been any good at going the last month...
    Guess it's the Dulwich Paragons from now on
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • vermin
    Didn't realise you were another KW. I rode with them one Sunday a few months ago (the time I set my Effingham PB (and the only time I've ever ridden that way :wink:)). Was enjoyable, so should try to do a few more. And nail those hills properly :twisted:
  • vermin
    dhope wrote:
    once I've moved

To where?
  • rick_chasey
    vermin wrote:
    Didn't realise you were another KW. I rode with them one Sunday a few months ago (the time I set my Effingham PB (and the only time I've ever ridden that way :wink:)). Was enjoyable, so should try to do a few more. And nail those hills properly :twisted:

Yeah. I need to get myself some KW kit really.

Still feel a bit of a fraudster riding around with them.
  • dhope
    vermin wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    once I've moved

To where?
    Back to Greenwich after a year in Balham. Not that I don't like Balham. And I'll miss Embankment. Maybe Greenwich to City via Embankment in the mornings...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Headhuunter
    dhope wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    the clubrun.

I'll miss the KW once I've moved. Not that I've been any good at going the last month...
    dhope wrote:
    vermin wrote:
    the clubrun.

I still go out with Dulwich on the Sat morn ride sometimes but the Sun ride is much slower than it used to be, the website still gives the impression that it's quick but it's fairly steady compared with how it used to be. Also they're clamping down on the Sat club ride from Oct 2012, non DP members will only be allowed to take part on the 1st Sat of the month and will only be able to do 2 of these rides before they have to join up. Fair enough I suppose, they get soooo many riders on the Sat mornings and I should think most of them aren't members, including me at the mo...

I'll have to decide what I want to do, my membership has lapsed and I'm not sure it's worth joining just to do the Sat ride. I've been out with a club called GS Avanti a couple of times recently, it's a much smaller club and they're a friendly bunch but they meet quite a bit further out so it's not as easy as the roll out of bed and up to Herne Hill or whatever, however their rides are faster than than the DP Sunday rides...

Let me know if you're up for a ride in Kent sometime once you've moved back to the beautiful south east....
  • Headhuunter
    BTW where and what time are we meeting on Sun?
  • Ben6899

Afternoon for me. I'm coming from Swindon that morning.

Where? Jolly good question!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • dhope
    Best to have a chat with whoever started the threa... oh.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Headhuunter
    dhope wrote:
    Best to have a chat with whoever started the threa... oh.

To be honest I don't really know the area around Regents Park that well! Shall we meet at 2 or 3? I'm pretty flexible, nothing else on that day although I've got a wedding the night before so don't want to meet too early!
  • Headhuunter
    OK, how does 3pm just inside the gates at Park Square West sound? Just here....

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=regents ... 25.99,,0,0

Any good?
  • Ben6899
    Sound.
    Ben

• Cafewanda
    The weather forecast for the weekend looks good so I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully I'll only get lost for a minute or two :oops:

(Yes I do have a map which I've been studying, but that makes no difference as yet).
  • Headhuunter
    Cafewanda wrote:
    The weather forecast for the weekend looks good so I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully I'll only get lost for a minute or two :oops:

(Yes I do have a map which I've been studying, but that makes no difference as yet).
    Map?! It's regents park not a trip to john o' groats!
  • Cafewanda
    I'll have you know I got lost en route to Herne Hill velodrome and that was only a 10 min ride away from home! I always get lost when travelling somewhere new. It no longer phases me, to be honest and I try to include 'getting lost' time on a new route :lol:
  • Headhuunter
    Cafewanda wrote:
    I'll have you know I got lost en route to Herne Hill velodrome and that was only a 10 min ride away from home! I always get lost when travelling somewhere new. It no longer phases me, to be honest and I try to include 'getting lost' time on a new route :lol:
    And I thought I had a bad sense of direction...
  • dhope
    Cafewanda wrote:
    And I thought I had a bad sense of direction...
    I include 'being late' time in my calculations. All it does is ensure I'm late :roll:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Cafewanda wrote:

You think your bad, I got lost going round the velodrome. :wink::wink:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Cafewanda
    Hey you, this is MY moment in the sun. Clear off!! :lol: