Ahem... underwear?

2»

Comments

• k-dog wrote:
    I used to wear my shorts for a short commute for a couple of days - but now I rarely do that after finding myself getting a bit uncomfortable downstairs - some itchiness that took a while to sort out.

Now I wear clean shorts every day and rotate through 3 pairs. A small wash during the week doesn't take long to have them all clean.

yeah i wil need to got into the habit of washing them regularly when i take them off :D
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    lots of road orientated things seem a bit wierd to start with but you will see that they make sense later
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    BlakeysFC wrote:
    A decent pair of Bib-Shorts + Chamois Cream/Sudocream = Heaven

whats the difference between wearing bib shorts and cycling shorts? Do you just apply a little cream before each ride ?

bibs is just referring to the straps that go over your shoulders.No other real difference unless you're talking about unpadded shorts?
    CiB wrote:
    At risk of being pilloried, you don't need to.

I get up, do the coffee breakfast & trip to the loo routine and then shower before cycling to work. Shorts may get a bit sweaty but that's not unhygienicically unclean, just a bit sweaty. The same shorts wil do for 2 sometimes 3 days commuting. No need to buy a pair for every day. And always commando. Any other way is just weird.

i wear my lycra running shorts a few times but i wear pants too, im not one for showering in the morning, im not a morning person, im surprised im getting up early to ride to work. I was about to buy bib shorts but what if i need quick pee before i leave, not very handy, i might just order 2 pair of shorts instead. Ill go commando tooo oooer :lol:

To have a pee while wearing bibs you can just pull the front down.May have to hunch your shoulders a bit.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Oh there were some guys too, it wasn't just women! Something to please everyone!! ;)
  • Mark Elvin wrote:
    Commando doffo, and nicely trimmed too......
    That's a thumbs up from me :D
  • GSJ
    GSJ Posts: 150
    I always find when I wear boxers underneath it always interferes too much with my private bits :P and the seem of the boxer likes to roll up which is annoying
  • So what about when it gets really cold, even with padded shorts and pair of normal shorts over that my groin gets sooooooo cold any opinions on how to overcome this?
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    You can get Roubaix shorts - slightly heavier fabric and a bit fleecy on the inside.
    Avoids the chipolata and 2 sprouts look.

I find that most continental shorts are a bit thin this time of year. In fact I can rarely think of a time I was too warm in the uk so try to get thicker shorts for all year round.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • I generally go commando but once in a while (usually cos I couldn't be bothered to do the washing or haven't had time to take a shower in the morning) I will keep my underwear on. I wear trunk style underwear and to tell you the truth I have never had a problem with it. I wouldn't wear boxers though.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Ive recently gone commando - and el cheappo 'udderly smooth' chamy cream - really helps
  • Melter
    Melter Posts: 49
    AND...there is no such thing as "too much" chamois cream!
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    I wear compression shorts under my padded shorts.

I have ridden up to 100 miles without issue (or the need of any cream) - I think it may just be a personal thing and while the commando route is the proper one I think some people may be different.

The reason I wear compression shorts is - no seams on the saddle bit - and mostly it keeps my knackers out the way - I get rubbing between my sack and legs otherwise and cant get comfortable - just me I guess.
  • andy 3654 wrote:
    So what about when it gets really cold, even with padded shorts and pair of normal shorts over that my groin gets sooooooo cold any opinions on how to overcome this?

........change who you cycle with :wink:
  • yum yum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 that would be fun to chase.
  • farrina
    farrina Posts: 360
    andy 3654 wrote:
    yum yum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 that would be fun to chase.

I rather suspect given her talents you would have absolutely no chance of catching her .... unless your name is Hoy or Wiggins :D

Regards

Alan
    Regards
    Alan
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    farrina wrote:
    andy 3654 wrote:

I rather suspect given her talents you would have absolutely no chance of catching her .... unless your name is Hoy or Wiggins :D

Chain gang?
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • farrina
    farrina Posts: 360
    k-dog wrote:
    farrina wrote:
    andy 3654 wrote:

Chain gang?

.... Followed by a raffle .... I rather think not !

(Dear Victoria having read your autobiography I know that you are very happy with Scott so the above is intended in jest only)

Regards

Alan

Ps my telephone number is 01234567890
    Regards
    Alan
  • Dude you have the same phone number i do!!!