Your shower routine - shower at home, work or both?

2»

Comments

• jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    ^^^^^
    exactly
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Shower before every ride, regardless of the time of day.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    notsoblue wrote:
    Wake up
    Brush Teeth
    Cycle to Work
    Shower

Then another shower when I get home.

I don't see the point in wasting 15 minutes of time in the morning with a shower just before you're about to get sweaty on the commute after which you need to have another shower anyway. I'm only getting lycra dirty, and that gets washed every night anyway.

This. Shave in the evening after the shower.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    Morning: wake up, breakfast, crap, shave, brush teeth, get dressed, ride to work, shower, get changed into work clothes.

Evening: get changed into cycling clothes, ride home, shower, get changed into tee and shorts, eat dinner

I am naturally suspicious of people who shave and brush teeth in the cycling changing rooms. It's just wrong innit, same as wearing flip flops in the shower.

We ain't French!
    FCN = 4
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    prj45 wrote:
    I might have a shower before I leave in the morning if me and the lady had a particularly sticky night if you get what I mean, but otherwise, no, why would one take a shower before getting on the bike????

Because she says I smell otherwise
    Peter
  • Mark Elvin
    Mark Elvin Posts: 997
    Cool shower when I get up, meander the 10miles to work at about 15mph average so as to not get too sweaty then a quick "whores bath" when I get to work & change into my work clothes.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • mrc1
    mrc1 Posts: 852
    Can you add an option for

"Get to work, shower and dress, go upstairs to desk still boiling and sweating. Ten mins later return to shower room for shower number two having realised core temperature is hot enough to melt steel"

That used to by my summer routine after a fast commute. Our changing rooms were always boiling hot which didn't help.
    http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    that core temperature thing can be a complete PITA if you run hot like I do. These days it's less of a problem because I do 10 miles, train, 2 miles. I cool down a bit on the train and don't really get super-heated again in 2 miles.

Some of my colleagues go out for a run at lunch time - I just can't do that, shower or no shower I'd be a sweaty mess at my desk in the afternoon.
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    I have this problem I have always 'ran hot' my stock temperature is usually 1/2-1 Degree C outside of Normal Range all the time. Always has been. As a consequence when I get ill my temperature sky rockets. Several times when I was young it reached levels where technically I should be passed out and nearly dead however was still able to function all be it with hallucinations.

When I exercise and it is hot I sweat like nobodys business but mainly I am a head sweater which is mighty annoying. I have done a few lunchtime rides and come back a sweaty mess and continue to sweat for some time.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I run hot as well.

Anyway, so this 'ride dirty/shower at work' has resulted in a special friendship...

Everyday this week (and most of last week) a guy I like to refer to as 'the stranger on the motorbike' and I have arrived at work at the same time and we both make our way to the gents shower not saying a word to each other - I suspect because we are accutely aware that neither has washed yet. Once in the changing rooms we get undressed and share the communal shower together. He has seen my behind and I have seen his. I know his routine and he mine. It's a thing we have. Though we have never spoken.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I run hot as well.

Anyway, so this 'ride dirty/shower at work' has resulted in a special friendship...

Everyday this week (and most of last week) a guy I like to refer to as 'the stranger on the motorbike' and I have arrived at work at the same time and we both make our way to the gents shower not saying a word to each other - I suspect because we are accutely aware that neither has washed yet. Once in the changing rooms we get undressed and share the communal shower together. He has seen my behind and I have seen his. I know his routine and he mine. It's a thing we have. Though we have never spoken.

Dont drop the soap. :shock: :shock:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    I hate running hot, I am sitting here a full 45 mins after stopping after and 30 mins after showering and I am only just cooling down in an airconditioned room in shorts. But I feel freasher than a daisy