crank bros joplin problem need a solution for sunday ride

2»

Comments

• sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Don't you think that would have been my first point of call???? Thats why I have put this post up but it seems to me that all that goes on in this forum is taking the p155 out of people for poor grammar or a question
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Wouldn't it have been easy enough to say that. How would I know where you've looked. You just said you'd looked for the part on the net. Dealers often don't keep all parts in stock, or list them, they order as required.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sigorman85
    so its still sat in a box! its starting to p1ss me off now its so hard to find the clamp kit for it . i have had a look at the use seat clamp kit sumo and i might be able to use it on the bit that has worn but its prob to big or to small but its last try befor it gets sold for bits
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=24687

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/crank-brothers- ... ith-lever/
    its the gold bits and the cones inside that has all worn on mine and cant frinf the cones and gold bits any where
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

• YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    What's still sat in a box? You said you bodged it with some rubber. Have you asked a bike shop yet?
  • sigorman85
    Yeah bodged it for a Sunday ride not going to leave it on the bike. Yes asked the bike shop they can't find bits for the Joplin accept the service kits wit h is a few rubber and plastic o rings! So not lookin to good at the moment

• YeehaaMcgee
    I'll buy it off you for... Let's say 40 quid then, since it's damaged and used.
  • sigorman85
    60 with 1 st class recorded ?

• YeehaaMcgee
    50?
  • sigorman85
    Na I have brought a new remote cable and lever for it il keep it
    And I have been told its a maverick speedball not the Joplin so I got it wrong crank brothers now make the speed ball but changed the name to Joplin so you prob wouldn't want it mate

• cooldad
    Crank Bros bought the intellectual property and sold the Speedball as a Joplin.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sigorman85
    Is this correct? Cool dad?

• cooldad
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Just thought you'd like to know that my local bike shop called earlier, telling me that the the new seat clamp I asked for will be in later today. Oh, and that the distributors decided to chalk it down as a warranty issue, so I don't even have to pay for it.
    Stick that in your pipe and smoke it. :lol:
  • sigorman85
    Well ain't you luck so what ya want the clamp for ?

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Just a guess, but I think it might be for clamping.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    sigorman85 wrote:
    Well ain't you luck so what ya want the clamp for ?
    The one I ordered from the shop? Because I was stripping the post down to regrease it, and decided to do something about what I mentioned on the first page...
    I've crashed mine badly loads of times and even though the clamp is damaged in many ways, it still holds the saddle securely.
    Why did I want to buy yours? Because after about 3 years (I think) of riding, I may have to send mine away to get some new internal seals soon, but I have two events coming up. So rather than buying a normal seatpost, I thought I'd grab yours as a spare.
  • sigorman85
    He hasn't said he's got the same problem did he? Or what post he has but I might be wrong

• cooldad
    @Mcgee you are evil
    @sigorman85 - you might want to ask who his LBS are.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sigorman85
    Erm yes on to that cool dad pretty please could you tell me you lbs?

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    cooldad wrote:
    Crank Bros bought the intellectual property and sold the Speedball as a Joplin.
    To be fair, Joplin isn't a great name, but naming something after a process of injecting cocaine, heroin and morphine at the same time is destined to fail.