And all cyclists jump red lights.... :roll:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    bails87 wrote:
    *sigh*

and they don't pay tax on their cameras!!!
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    bails87 wrote:
    *sigh*

and they don't pay tax on their cameras!!!

All pinarellos are really heavy ;).
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    bails87 wrote:
    *sigh*

I said 'a lot' not 'all'

And i stand by it. I've had the misfortune to read/watch some of the smug, sanctimonious, preachy crap some of them post on youtube.

We all have near misses, we all on occasion make a mistake and ride like tw@ts. It's just most of us don't feel the need to spend hours editing footage of our commute and posting it online. I can think of few things less exciting that watching videos of someone else's commute on the internet.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    bails87 wrote:
    *sigh*

I said 'a lot' not 'all'

And i stand by it. I've had the misfortune to read/watch some of the smug, sanctimonious, preachy crap some of them post on youtube.

We all have near misses, we all on occasion make a mistake and ride like tw@ts. It's just most of us don't feel the need to spend hours editing footage of our commute and posting it online. I can think of few things less exciting that watching videos of someone else's commute on the internet.
    I absolutely agree. There are some cyclists who use cameras as a tool to antagonise motorists.

I've only seen a few genuine examples where the usefulness of a camera has really proven its worth. These are usually footage that shows which person is a fault in a collision. Posting up every single close pass, near miss, argument had with a motorist really doesn't help.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    bails87 wrote:
    *sigh*

I said 'a lot' not 'all'

Whatever, I've got video evidence of you saying it, put your number plate into youtube when you get home!

:wink:

And as i've said before, I agree, SOME are stupid, but they'd be stupid without a camera. With a camera they're able to share their stupidity, there are loads of cammers who use it as a form of insurance. Get home, nothing's happened so delete the footage. The stupid, "self righteous" cyclists without cameras aren't visible beyond people who are physically there to see the live action stupidity.

I agree with the hours spent editting video though, I've got better things to do!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    You are, of course, quite right, but the issue isn't so much about being right, it's about drivers' perception. It's about trying not to antagonise if you can help it. Obviously riding in primary makes sense if it is the only safe thing for you to do, but I've noticed a few cyclists out there who have a touch of belligerence about the way they feel they have a right to hold up the flow of the traffic, even if they could allow frustrated motorists to pass by without putting themselves in danger (pointlessly or otherwise).

Reminds me of a trip back from the Lakes a couple of weeks back. In car with mate who has never once gone all Daily Mirror on me. On the road from Settle to Skipton. It's a hard road to cycle - all ups and downs. Anyway, we are in a longish queue of traffic with one of those huge tractors at the front. There is also a rigid lorry and a couple of cyclists. My mate starts going off about them. Now, I think we were doing about 20mph at the time. The cyclists seemed at times to be single file and at times to be two abreast. My mate starts to blame the delay on the cyclists despite the fact that there was a tractor at the head of the queue. I suspect the cyclists were running two abreast on the descents where they would have been far quicker than the queue and single file on the climbs. At 20mph in a pair I'd not expect them to be losing too much time against the queue. Arguably the dodgiest bit was when the lorry came up behind them. I think then the lorry was unable to pass on the climbs as it had been right on the cyclists tail so the queue was forced down to the cyclists climbing speed. Of course, if the lorry had been competently driven he would have dropped back from the cyclists on the descents so as to be able to carry speed into the climbs and pass safely. But the cyclists got the blame. According to my mate they should have stopped. Even though their average speed was no slower than the tractor. And needless to say we passed the cyclists before passing the tractor.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Rolf F wrote:
    You are, of course, quite right, but the issue isn't so much about being right, it's about drivers' perception. It's about trying not to antagonise if you can help it. Obviously riding in primary makes sense if it is the only safe thing for you to do, but I've noticed a few cyclists out there who have a touch of belligerence about the way they feel they have a right to hold up the flow of the traffic, even if they could allow frustrated motorists to pass by without putting themselves in danger (pointlessly or otherwise).

Reminds me of a trip back from the Lakes a couple of weeks back. In car with mate who has never once gone all Daily Mirror on me. On the road from Settle to Skipton. It's a hard road to cycle - all ups and downs. Anyway, we are in a longish queue of traffic with one of those huge tractors at the front. There is also a rigid lorry and a couple of cyclists. My mate starts going off about them. Now, I think we were doing about 20mph at the time. The cyclists seemed at times to be single file and at times to be two abreast. My mate starts to blame the delay on the cyclists despite the fact that there was a tractor at the head of the queue. I suspect the cyclists were running two abreast on the descents where they would have been far quicker than the queue and single file on the climbs. At 20mph in a pair I'd not expect them to be losing too much time against the queue. Arguably the dodgiest bit was when the lorry came up behind them. I think then the lorry was unable to pass on the climbs as it had been right on the cyclists tail so the queue was forced down to the cyclists climbing speed. Of course, if the lorry had been competently driven he would have dropped back from the cyclists on the descents so as to be able to carry speed into the climbs and pass safely. But the cyclists got the blame. According to my mate they should have stopped. Even though their average speed was no slower than the tractor. And needless to say we passed the cyclists before passing the tractor.

but did you get this on film?

:wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    This guy ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5swR7HFySs8&feature=plcp

Does no one any favours... worth a look at his channel. Dunno why but the video I've linked is really dunny... think its the extended insult :D
    If he channelled his aggression into his riding he might actually get some speed on! ;)