OT - Moving Down Under (Sydney)

2»

Comments

• richVSrich
    richVSrich Posts: 527
    Today is my last day at work in the UK!!!!

2 weeks today I fly out - 3 weeks in Indonesia first (visiting the family) before heading down to Sydney!

Still have no plans, should be more scared, but ...I'm not...yet! :P

Adskis - I PM-ed you finally...thought I had already...

Its been a pleasure bumping in to a few of you down the embankment run, and hanging out on here (i will still hang out on here porbably and miss London)

It's hard to not keep smilling.

:)
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Good luck! You'll have a great time... I went to live in Japan for almost 3 years back when I'd just finished university. I had no committments in the UK (other than family), no dependents etc, got a job before I left so I had something to start when I arrived but otherwise I was on my own, couldn't speak a word of Japanese, didn't know anyone out there etc... In the end had a fantastic time, met my current partner, met loads of friends who now live all over the world so I've got places to stay in the US, Canada, Italy, Australia etc etc. When I think back to those days so much seemed to happen in 3 years, literally every day was an education - new food, new language, new job, new drinks, new home everything was new to me... Got my Japanese up to approx A level standard, ate barbecued sparrow and other weird foods like natto (google it), went to China, Indonesia, Thailand etc etc... Just jump straight in!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Sparrow? Wtf?!

Good luck, fella!
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    My Dentist has a very nice practice - all Victorian splendour and all the latest gadgets. I imagine he is well off. He went to Australia to work for a couple of years and got residency approvals but came back as he couldn't afford a house there :lol:

TBH, the only way you'd get me to Oz I reckon is on a transport ship - far too far for me - but best of luck with it.
    Faster than a tent.......