Triathlon anyone? (contains cycling)

124»

Comments

• shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    True, they are the three I would have picked for the podium.
    Mocketh not - i give you the Trivent shoe - the cutting edge of shoe - I wont spoil it for you.... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFPS2_2Isk8

Simon Whitfield, the first guy to appear in that trivent video, is the guy that crashed yesterday while putting on his shoes. I bet specialized don't mention that in their advertising.....
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    DeadCalm wrote:
    I'm no expert on triathlon but wasn't persisting with that break for so long a little bit stupid?

Apparently not, all three medalists came from the break.

They were just obviously the strongest 3 - ignoring all the tactics.
    As they have been for the past two years. The medal winners also happen to compete in the same French GP team so it's fair to say they are all aware of each others weaknesses/strengths.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Pross wrote:
    ju5t1n wrote:
    How fast did they ride the bike section?

Don't know but apparently the 10km run time wouldn't have been last in the actual 10,000m race that Farah won on Saturday!

It made me wonder why he bothers with Triathlon when he could give a medal people care about a good go!

Alistair Brownlee is a class runner. He's represented GB at the European Cross Country champs.

Unfortunately it's also his running style which leaves him injured for periods of time.

Better to be the very best at what you do than be an average or injured international runner.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    hammerite wrote:

Better to be the very best at what you do than be an average...

Tell that to Theo Boss ;).
  • hammerite

Tell that to Theo Boss ;).

Theo Bos you say...... do the points roll over in PTP? :lol:
  • Alistair did his 10K run in 29:07. Quite incredible, given that he slowed down so much at the end and walked over the finish line.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Alistair did his 10K run in 29:07. Quite incredible, given that he slowed down so much at the end and walked over the finish line.

Not a million miles off the A standard needed to qualify for an Olympic place of 27:45. B standard is 28:05. Good going, would be interesting to see what he could do a 10km at fresh and how he'd stack up in a 25 mile TT.
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • hammerite
    He also said in an interview that he thought the course was short, but was soon corrected by the race director!
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Alistair did his 10K run in 29:07. Quite incredible, given that he slowed down so much at the end and walked over the finish line.
    Not a million miles off the A standard needed to qualify for an Olympic place of 27:45. B standard is 28:05. Good going, would be interesting to see what he could do a 10km at fresh
    At the Sydney Olympics in 2000, Canadian Carol Montgomery was entered for both the Triathlon and the 10,000 m track event, so Alistair Brownlee wouldn't be the first to consider doing both.
    In her case, though, she crashed during the bike bit of the triathlon, and her injury forced her to then withdraw from the 10,000 m.