Happy thread

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited August 2012 in Commuting chat
(Doom, gloom, death, dismemberment, helmets and controversy free zone)

Are you enjoying the summer? I am!

Awsome sport, passable weather, great stuff planned, kids on holiday, beer in the fridge and grapes on the vine :-D

Wotcha looking forward to?
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Shut up
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Need to sort out a holiday with the missus, that'll be happy. Any suggestions for sunny places?

My knee is also getting better, which is making me happier.

Happy, happy happy :)
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    The ride home and the weekend,

Bike ride on saturday morning, followed by a bit of shopping to keep the missus happy, followed by the usual saturday evening of a Film of Choice, Chinese and several bottles of Badgers Golden Champion.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    bails87 wrote:
    Need to sort out a holiday with the missus, that'll be happy. Any suggestions for sunny places?

My knee is also getting better, which is making me happier.

Happy, happy happy :)

I booked 4 nights in Florence and 3 in Sienna with the GF. V. excited (though a while off).
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Started using a new variation of the route in last week that's 3 miles longer, straight-lines a good chunk of the journey and is virtually car-free - saw 2 in 6 miles this morning.

Change of scenery after 5 years = uplift to commute.
    :)
  • 5 days off work, its forecast to rain and I don't care. Out on the bike in the morning then decorating what will the nursery in the afternoon.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    edited August 2012
    Booked a family holiday. Going to that French France for 2 weeks. I was going to take the Alfa so had to do a few jobs on it first. The EPO was complaining it's not big enough for a long drive as the kids are too tall now so my Dad has lent me his car. Got a Toyota Verso thingy, plenty of room for bringing stuff (booze) back.

Edit Oh, and the hangover's fading.
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,632
    Going to New Zealand for a couple of weeks in November / December, can't wait! Will make Autumn and the onset of Winter a lot easier.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Spending time with my son (and Mrs DDD), happy.

Starting a new job/contract next week, happy.

Riding a newly replenished Karen, happy.

Going on Holiday in September, happy.

Generally, life is good.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • pangolin wrote:
    Going to New Zealand for a couple of weeks in November / December, can't wait! Will make Autumn and the onset of Winter a lot easier.

Awesome, we went in 2010 and had a great time. Can't wait to go back again, something to save for :D
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    got some fun stuff lined up

Berlin lash up with the lads
    London to Paris with fellow lycra-louts
    Palma with the wife.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    edited August 2012
  • rubertoe
    pangolin wrote:

Awesome, we went in 2010 and had a great time. Can't wait to go back again, something to save for :D

not jelous at all as this is a happy thread...

my missus would never fly that far, maybe I should fly solo :lol::lol:
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

• I booked 4 nights in Florence and 3 in Sienna with the GF. V. excited (though a while off).

IMG_0298.JPG

or

interesting_facts_about_sienna_miller_and_her_career.jpg

Looks like you have a very understanding GF. If it were me, I think I'd prefer my time in Sienna.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rubertoe
    pangolin wrote:

not jelous at all as this is a happy thread...

my missus would never fly that far, maybe I should fly solo :lol::lol:

• clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    Genoa?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    :roll:
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    The first output from my kitchen brewery has proven to be really rather good, and getting better as it matures :-)
    Back to daily cycling after nearly a month off :-)
    Got another motorbike to add to the stable :-)
    Misguided Idealist
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Genoa?
    nah, never met her before.......

IGMC
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    PBo wrote:
    Genoa?
    nah, never met her before.......
    Had me in laughing out loud that did
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Jamaica?
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • SimonAH wrote:
    Are you enjoying the summer? I am!

Summer?
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    Finally unsaddling myself from the mountain of debt I managed to get into. Losing some toys in the process but not bothered :) Finally with have a decent disposable income and chance to save.

Off for a week in Wales MTB with the other half in September.
    Just got a half decent pay rise and also doing AOG cover for work which means some more £££
    Cycling is coming along really well
    Nearly the weekend :)
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Jamaica?
    No, she wanted to go! :D

Sorry everyone....
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • rubertoe
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hampton Court?

no, just the way I walk! :lol::lol:

• jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    tailwind home!
    FCN 9 || FCN 5
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    Ooh, nice, what'd you get? Just recently picked up a yellow VFR800 and can't stop grinning everytime I see it; Honda knew how to make sexy bikes in the '90s! :)
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    jamesco wrote:
    Ooh, nice, what'd you get? Just recently picked up a yellow VFR800 and can't stop grinning everytime I see it; Honda knew how to make sexy bikes in the '90s! :)
    BMW 1150gs. In yellow :D a grown up bike to go with my Blade, at least that was my excuse...
    Misguided Idealist
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009

I booked 4 nights in Florence and 3 in Sienna with the GF. V. excited (though a while off).

IMG_0298.JPG

or

interesting_facts_about_sienna_miller_and_her_career.jpg

Looks like you have a very understanding GF. If it were me, I think I'd prefer my time in Sienna.

Has officially made my summer, great stuff! :lol:

On a serious note Firenze (Go native RC) is such a cool city to hang out in. I'm lucky to have a friend that has lived there for 5 years and i've been every chance I get. If you want any restaurant recommends then drop me a PM, oh and depending on how far you've got with flights take this on board. If you're flying in and out of Pisa (train to firenze is €7 from the airport) do not use BA, they always have delays for some reason on that route. Best option is Meridiana from gatwick to florence direct or sleazyjet to Pisa. I'll shut up, i'm starting to bore myself.... :roll:

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)