Commuting with others

2»

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Ah the most English of English fears - that you might end up having to speak to someone every day on your journey to or from work!

Huh? If you can talk on the commute you're clearly not pushing hard enough!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Greg66 wrote:
    iPete wrote:
    A mate of mine who is now working in the same building and moving into my shared house is likely to start commuting to work again.

Now I don't mind the odd group ride but if he starts riding everyday I'm not sure what to do. I refuse to pootle down CS8/Embankment :!:

How shall I break him without making him hate me? :lol:

A couple of years ago, I saw skiing on a beautiful powder day with some mates. I made it to the lift first after the first run (obv), waited, and was joined by one mate.

A snowboarder, semi-delirious with joy, pulled into the lift queue. We waved him through and explained we were waiting for friends.

Wide eyed and grinning like a dervish, all he could say was "No friends on a powder day!", and shot past us.

That saying has become a bit of a fave with friends and (especially) with family.

I suggest you adapt it. No friends on the Embankment.

DDD learned this. The hard way :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Much like you did in the alps eh? Always save something for the summit ;-)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    iPete wrote:
    A mate of mine who is now working in the same building and moving into my shared house is likely to start commuting to work again.

Now I don't mind the odd group ride but if he starts riding everyday I'm not sure what to do. I refuse to pootle down CS8/Embankment :!:

How shall I break him without making him hate me? :lol:

A couple of years ago, I saw skiing on a beautiful powder day with some mates. I made it to the lift first after the first run (obv), waited, and was joined by one mate.

A snowboarder, semi-delirious with joy, pulled into the lift queue. We waved him through and explained we were waiting for friends.

Wide eyed and grinning like a dervish, all he could say was "No friends on a powder day!", and shot past us.

That saying has become a bit of a fave with friends and (especially) with family.

I suggest you adapt it. No friends on the Embankment.

DDD learned this. The hard way :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Much like you did in the alps eh? Always save something for the summit ;-)

Why, I oughta... That was nothing more and nothing less than a snake in the grass-style ambush! :evil:
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • rml380z
    rml380z Posts: 244
    If you're worried about talking about cycle speed, how the heck are you ever going to say anything about the pubes in the soap?
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Or his hand on your "knee" whilst you watch a rom com together at the weekend :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    You don't even know what he's quoting. You're rubbish you are. :P
    What is he quoting?

He's paraphrasing Liam Neeson in Taken

Taken 2 out this year!! :)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807