New BBC cycling presenter

13»

Comments

• It sounds like it's official, that Cav *is* planning to compete on the track at 2016. I've been saying for some time that much of his 2012 season - and even some decisions taken well before that - were motivated by his intense desire for an Olympic gold medal, and I'm sure that having to sit there watching everyone else collect medals when he got nothing yet again isn't easy for him (and made harder by the way some parts of the media reported the road race as being a failure to deliver on his potential by Cav).
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    It sounds like it's official, that Cav *is* planning to compete on the track at 2016. I've been saying for some time that much of his 2012 season - and even some decisions taken well before that - were motivated by his intense desire for an Olympic gold medal, and I'm sure that having to sit there watching everyone else collect medals when he got nothing yet again isn't easy for him (and made harder by the way some parts of the media reported the road race as being a failure to deliver on his potential by Cav).
    Cab=v would have his work cut out for 2016 and I cannot see him doing it if the rules remain the same as one rider per event. He would have to go for teram pursuit and the GB team are already pretty good with at l;east a further 5 or 6 young riders coming behind. Would Cav comit to the track for 9 months and risk not getting a place? I dont think so.