Forum home Commuter cycling forum Commuting general

little rant....

edited July 2012 in Commuting general
Drove into works indoor carpark today and noticed my bike wasn't propped up on the wall where I leave it.. At which point it goes flying past the car I was in closely followed by another two bikes.. It would appear as me and the other cyclists were out working some of the lads decided to have a race with our bikes as they wanted to see what was so special about road bikes.

Unimpressed.

• bails87bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Take their cars for a spin, say you "wanted to see what was so special about driving a car into the canal"......
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • One of the lads in question rides an Halfords £80 bike that's carved out of lead/steel and hate.. He was riding my bosses Boardman pro hybrid - he was sat in the passenger seat of my car as his pride n joy went flying past, he was about as happy as I was.

I'm very protective over my bikes.
  • TommyEssTommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Why weren't they locked up? Not condoning the morons' behaviour of course - I'd be going straight to the boss about that.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • bails87bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Well it's yours. It's probably quite expensive, you need it to get around, you look after it. I'd be pretty angry if someone just took my bike.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • There's about ten bikes that get propped up against a wall in the carpark.. I suppose they aren't locked because its secure and they wouldn't get nicked, I guess I gave my colleagues more credit than they deserve and didnt think they would attempt time trails on them.

Wankers! Pardon my French.
  • rolf_frolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Well, they did get nicked didn't they - albeit temporarily. My car park is secure but I wouldn't dream of leaving my bike unlocked and attached to a stand. But yes, I'd be off to the boss about that as well.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Well.. The lock is in my bag for tomorrow, sad really that you can't trust people to leave something alone. I think the gaffer is going to have words tomorrow - mainly because his Boardman Pro was an entrant into the garage time trails.

Another annoying thing was that we all chipped in for a track pump.. Now't spesh - £30 from halfords.. Someone broke it and won't cough to it.. Things break so it's no big deal but why not just say its broken - whoever did it broke it and put it away.. We only noticed it was buggered when someone had a flat - aaaarrrrrggggggggh.