little rant....

redderekthelampshade
edited July 2012 in Commuting general
Drove into works indoor carpark today and noticed my bike wasn't propped up on the wall where I leave it.. At which point it goes flying past the car I was in closely followed by another two bikes.. It would appear as me and the other cyclists were out working some of the lads decided to have a race with our bikes as they wanted to see what was so special about road bikes.

Unimpressed.

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Take their cars for a spin, say you "wanted to see what was so special about driving a car into the canal"......
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • One of the lads in question rides an Halfords £80 bike that's carved out of lead/steel and hate.. He was riding my bosses Boardman pro hybrid - he was sat in the passenger seat of my car as his pride n joy went flying past, he was about as happy as I was.

I'm very protective over my bikes.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Why weren't they locked up? Not condoning the morons' behaviour of course - I'd be going straight to the boss about that.
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Well it's yours. It's probably quite expensive, you need it to get around, you look after it. I'd be pretty angry if someone just took my bike.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • There's about ten bikes that get propped up against a wall in the carpark.. I suppose they aren't locked because its secure and they wouldn't get nicked, I guess I gave my colleagues more credit than they deserve and didnt think they would attempt time trails on them.

Wankers! Pardon my French.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Well, they did get nicked didn't they - albeit temporarily. My car park is secure but I wouldn't dream of leaving my bike unlocked and attached to a stand. But yes, I'd be off to the boss about that as well.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Well.. The lock is in my bag for tomorrow, sad really that you can't trust people to leave something alone. I think the gaffer is going to have words tomorrow - mainly because his Boardman Pro was an entrant into the garage time trails.

Another annoying thing was that we all chipped in for a track pump.. Now't spesh - £30 from halfords.. Someone broke it and won't cough to it.. Things break so it's no big deal but why not just say its broken - whoever did it broke it and put it away.. We only noticed it was buggered when someone had a flat - aaaarrrrrggggggggh.