Sandwiches

2»

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I am seriously doubting mudcoos scouse credentials - no one and I mean no one in liverpool calls buttys sandwiches. For the record I am a cut it in half, yum yum crust man. Triangles for some reason make the eating experience go quicker - and no matter what the butty, no butter - but thats another debate. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ... no one and I mean no one in liverpool calls buttys sandwiches. ...

They do in Formby :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,768
    - and no matter what the butty, no butter - but thats another debate. :D
    What!!! Now, I admit I have absolutely no scouse credentials. Although I did go to Birkenhead once. But how can a butty not have butter? Surely the butter is what gives it it's name.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    What!!! Now, I admit I have absolutely no scouse credentials. Although I did go to Birkenhead once. But how can a butty not have butter? Surely the butter is what gives it it's name.

Butter's for wooly backs like those who live in Birken'ed

Oh it's all coming back to me :lol:
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    A friend of mine has butter in all Sandwiches except Cheese ones, he says its like having cheese with cheese.

Me I have butter with everything.

BTW spasypaddy that is AWESOME.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    Veronese68 wrote:

Butter's for wooly backs like those who live in Birken'ed

Oh it's all coming back to me :lol:

Wooly back or plastic? As I recall, people could never decide.

Either way, this wooly back plastic always has butter on sandwiches, never unbuttered butties.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    A sandwich cut into quarters is not a sandwich, it is an amuse bouche.

A sandwich may, at most, be halved (unless it is so toweringly massive that the bread requires toasting for structural integrity, and toothpicks are needed in the office of rebar).

Bacon is however, right on. As are Mayo and Jalapenos (possibly the only culturally improving contributions from our American cousins).

And this whingeing about crusts? Do you depilate your chests?
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    SimonAH wrote:
    A sandwich cut into quarters is not a sandwich, it is an amuse bouche.

A sandwich may, at most, be halved

This is an excellent point - I think mudcoo needs to clarify - I thought he meant cutting a sandwich into quarters, but after a debate with chums it was pointed out that he may have meant a sandwich made with a single diagonal cut, as you buy prepacked in Marks, in which case he may have a point.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    SimonAH wrote:
    Mayo and Jalapenos (possibly the only culturally improving contributions from our American cousins

Mayo = Invented on the Balearic island of Menorca.

Jalapenos = I was always taught that they were Mexican.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Ah, but it's the integration into the deli sandwich. A phenomenon that combines Italian. Jewish, German, British and who knows what other cultures. This combination is American, and the world is a better place.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Who cuts a ciabatta into triangles? :?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I cut my toast diagonally using a zig zag pattern, or across the middle using the square root symbol, probably just me then :D

Mrs T carefully folds my toast in half, takes a bite out of it (she says its lower GI that way!) then unfolds it so I get a slice of toast with a circular bite taken out of the middle!

It's a mad house I tell ya!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    You can't cut pitta bread into triangles. Maybe that's the root cause of problems in the middle east.