New front shock help

2»

Comments

• Spighty
    Spighty Posts: 90
    This is very true I could probably buy a new bike, but the deal is with the wife I can't buy a new bike until I have had my used one at least a year. I can however upgrade it. I have a new saddle chain and cassette already. so that is not something I need. The shox I believe on a board man isn't as good as a reba or a recon gold so I'm told. Is it not a suntour one on this year as well as having avid brakes that no one has reccomended so already if I brought one of those the parts would be inferior. I have no problems with my frame at all I actually quite like it. It's a bit scratched up but I can spray paint a car so doing a frame should be a walk in the park.

So now a new bike is out the question. I would like some advice on what is good. Not what I can use to get by cause chances are I can buy just a frame in the future and transplant the bits I have invested in
  • Going for high end upgrades is going to make finding a new bike as an upgrade quite expensive. In the UK you are hard pressed to find a bike for under £1k with those forks and brakes. Welcome to the world of cycling. Ker-ching!
  • Spighty
    Spighty Posts: 90
    If I was to get a new bike I would like to swap the bits I buy onto it. Or depending how much I have brought maybe just buy a frame and fit it up from sratch. That way I have the Best I can afford really.

I can see it quite expensive hobby. I am into photography too and that is another huge expense