Nodders

2»

Comments

• Veronese68 wrote:
    Sorry I take this last part back.

Hot weather and twenty something girl in hot pants and boob tube equals distraction, squeeling of brakes and a soft thudding noise as I go into the back of a bus.

I hang/nod my head in shame.....
    Ha ha, it's easily done. Hope nothing but your pride is bruised. Lots of distractions out there in this weather, be careful people.

All ok apart from pride, these things always seem to happen when there are loads of people around!

Could have been worse as the Taxi driver behind me said he was doing the same thing and nearly flattened me!

It could be suicide tomorrow if these sudden rain showers hit. I may have to weigh up the pro's and cons of blinkers........
    One for the road.....
    The beer not the bike!
    FCN 11

http://app.strava.com/athletes/399251
  • stuj15
    stuj15 Posts: 167
    cje wrote:
    The thing is, when they see experienced cyclists sat behind buses in primary, what do they think we do it for?

...a huge bugbear of mine. You'll sit there waiting for the lights to change, in primary behind a bus/lorry etc. They'll squeeze down the inside and then (if they are lucky enough) wait in front of the vehicle. The lights change and they pootle along at 10 mph while the bus can't overtake and leaves the cyclists stuck behind it....

(rather than getting a nice 25mph draft, natch) ;)
  • whitebait01
    whitebait01 Posts: 610
    I hang/nod my head in shame.....

This made me chortle.
    Ribble Audax - FCN 5
    Dedacciai Pista - FCN 3
  • cje
    cje Posts: 148
    stuj15 wrote:
    cje wrote:
    The thing is, when they see experienced cyclists sat behind buses in primary, what do they think we do it for?

...a huge bugbear of mine. You'll sit there waiting for the lights to change, in primary behind a bus/lorry etc. They'll squeeze down the inside and then (if they are lucky enough) wait in front of the vehicle. The lights change and they pootle along at 10 mph while the bus can't overtake and leaves the cyclists stuck behind it....

(rather than getting a nice 25mph draft, natch) ;)

Yes, this!

Even funnier, the other week I sat behind a single car at a red light, because there was a van parked next to him and the gap was narrow. No point in filtering past one car in these circs.

So I'm sat there, and this woman flys past me, straight into the gap, and smacks the fella's wing mirror. She turned to shout 'Sorry!' then jumped the red.
  • cje
    cje Posts: 148
    I forget to mention, the bus-undertaking fella was also a 'kerb-hugger'. He was cycling about 4" from the kerb and even followed the line of the kerb taking him in & out of a bus-stop.