I've just stumbled on this and am shocked

2»

Comments

• snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    the rules don't seem to apply to communters
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Most things don't apply to communters: taste and decent bicycles for two .........
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    ... red lights ...
  • Yossie
    ..... not riding on pavements ..... not shouting at people ....... not wearing cameras on your head .......
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    You should have a look at the 'post your bike' thread in MTB - not a one of them has drop handlebars. And there's all that anodised stuff. Go there - you'd be appalled.....
    Faster than a tent.......
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Rolf F wrote:
    You should have a look at the 'post your bike' thread in MTB - not a one of them has drop handlebars. And there's all that anodised stuff. Go there - you'd be appalled.....

oh dear, wish you never mentioned it... some of them bikes never been near a bucket of warm soapy water. It's a disgrace what's going on this country. One of these days the daily mail is going to find out and hang them all!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,094
    Have a look at RolfH's Rolls saddle clad scaffolding pic, half way down p62 - he must squeak like a Jenny with the drop between saddle and handlebars.

To be fair, I spent a while communting to work when I was in Naam, Cheltenaam. After only a few weeks of it and having numerous incidents with car drivers, I think you go a little bit bonkers. The continuous twice dailly blood pressure/heart beat rise doesn't do a lot for one's mental health. I think thats why they are all a bit 'funny'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Have a look at RolfH's Rolls saddle clad scaffolding pic, half way down p62 - he must squeak like a Jenny with the drop between saddle and handlebars.

Maybe he just has long arms? :?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,094
    Rolf F wrote:

Maybe he just has long arms? :?

Maybe he has a very very long body and extremely short arms.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Yossie
    Cleat: we've been deleted.

Oh, what a fun bunch the communters are .........
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I've found a nice one! Some faith in humanity has been restored!

6002913948_7213a64231_z.jpg

but I must admit the tube on the seatpost does look a little tryhard.

I think that's Will's bike and to be fair, he's a bloody decent cyclist!
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    (at least "Little Matt" doesn't make much mess though)

You wounldn't want him on the end of your nose for a wart !!
    :lol:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    Sweet baby Jesus.

I commute, do not use tri bars, crap bike or cover it in shite.

Litespeed Siena, Ultegra and kysriums SSC SL's. Vittoria zaffiros 23mm and no spacers. Communters seem to have a lot to answer for. No excuses, sort yer fecking fekkers of feckin bikes out. :D
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    yeh this one made me want to puke viewtopic.php?f=40076&t=12536578&start=1100#p17465231

FGSS commuting outside of London the bastard :x
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Then my years of posting in commuting caught up with me and this happened, be warned children this shite could happen to you :shock:

viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12852823&start=40#p17612220
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Yossie wrote:
    Cleat: we've been deleted.

Oh, what a fun bunch the communters are .........

Haha, what a fecking joke this forum's become - I might email aggie and see if theres room in his basement. :cry:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mercsport
    mercsport Posts: 664
    Thanks to all of you wits I enjoyed this thread. :D I'm agog to know what the mods deleted though. :shock:

An old-school fella me, I harbour a loathing of deep section rimmed/hubbed tractor spoked wheels. I cringe when I see trackies and TT types at work wearing their daft aero helmets and skin suits pedalling distorted disc wheeled abominations (although I'll try to be positive today when Wiggins is -hopefully- busting a gut to get a gold and an inevitable sainthood). Anyhow, as I was dragging and dropping these pictures into this little box to illustrate some of what I considered to be horrors of bicycle design a strange thing occurred in that I developed a grudging appreciation of what they were about. They're not half as bad as I originally thought. Though the webbing trailing behind the head-tube of the Aston Martin thingy is still a no-no. Likewise its disc brakes. And look at the length of the valve in the top pic! :shock:

The electric shopper I thought was interesting, and the trackie too.

black-big.jpg
    The-Faraday-Porteur-1.png
    The-One-77-Superbike-by-Aston-Martin.png
    Zframe3.jpeg
    "Lick My Decals Off, Baby"