B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    The question is- do you also wear pants/briefs under them? :?:

The answer is - absolutely not!

Why, is there a reason?

chaffing.

The pad and shorts are designed to function against bare skin.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    The question is- do you also wear pants/briefs under them? :?:

The answer is - absolutely not!

Why, is there a reason?

Yeah, the seams can rub and irritate your skin and then the chances of getting a nasty infection or sores are increased.
  • Ahh, right, thanks. :wink:

This is why everyone seems to have 2 or 3 pairs then! :D
    B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6
  • jthef
    jthef Posts: 226
    Lusso lasted 3 years befor pad got too hard Would defo buy again
    DHB ok good price
    decatholon 1 season and hit the bin would not buy again.
    briko very nice pad .
    nike have been the best buy £20 (end of line) and on 4 season still ok.

I have diffrent makes depending on the price but just ordered a pair of assos, lets see if they ae as good as everyone says!
  • BlakeysFC
    BlakeysFC Posts: 233
    Just got my 2nd pair of Bibs. Went with some DHB Aeron Pro from Wiggle down to recommendations on here and in cycling publications.

Tried them on earlier and thought they feel well made when I put them on. Pretty decent for £60, obviously the proof will be in the pudding when I do my 10 mile run tomorrow
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    BlakeysFC wrote:
    Couldn't quite bring myself to spend £120 on the Assos bib-shorts I had my eye on earlier so went with some cheap Louis Garneau bib-shorts for £40.

Hoping I don't regret the decision to go cheap!

I got some of the louis garneau ones a while back on sale in evans - as comfortable as stuff 3or4 times the price, really good pad in them.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Well, I've done 34 road miles in them this morning on my mountain bike & they seem just fine. Very nice snug fit, comfortable & I didn't sweat as much down below. They seem descent quality too. ( DHB Aeron race )

However, I've nothing to compare them against apart from a pair of cheap Halfords padded cycling shorts with cycling baggies over the top!

One thing that strikes me though is the price of these things! I just can't see why these garments are so expensive for what they actually are? :| This is just an honest observation, not me being tight as I don't mind spending the money when the product justifies it- these garments don't seem to.
    B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6
  • i have recently bought some Gore Power 2 bibs, the sizing was a little hard to get right as they were very tight on the L and so went with XL so will let you know how they perform(im 183cm)

i tried on the endura ones and they felt good, but i have had some problems with enduras clothing as of recent years with it not lasting very long and so went with gore as i know it quality stuff and lasts:)

asos are great if you can afford it and get the size right...hard to find them to try on though
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners