A Great Day in British Cycling History...

2»

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Pross wrote:
    What a shame, glorious here and I'll be topping up yesterday's ridiculous tan lines riding home from work in a bit ;)

My wife's sport is off-shore yacht racing. She describes them as 'tw@t marks', which I find quite upsetting. I like them - a badge of honour if you will :)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,181
    Pross wrote:
    What a shame, glorious here and I'll be topping up yesterday's ridiculous tan lines riding home from work in a bit ;)

My wife's sport is off-shore yacht racing. She describes them as 'tw@t marks', which I find quite upsetting. I like them - a badge of honour if you will :)

I currently look like I'm wearing white gloves after 7 hours on the bike yesterday, Mrs P says I'll look stupid on the beach when we go on holiday but who cares?
  • ShavenLegs
    ShavenLegs Posts: 33
    AndyRubio wrote:
    The best bit:

bettiniphoto_0117864_1_full_600.jpg

No-one f*cks with the Badger. Don't you just love him?

I missed this (TV got swtiched to the golf before the presentations :evil: ). Who was the guy being "helped" off the podium by Hinault?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I think he just got up out of the crowd....bloody ballsy!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ShavenLegs
    ShavenLegs Posts: 33
    ddraver wrote:

More like suicidal. :) Can you think of any other event where one the greatest former champions moves on to a role of bouncer. I reckon the James Bond franchise have missed a trick in not getting him in as a bad guy in one of the films.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    The tour, and therefore Hinault, has a long history with protesters.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Bernard Hinault is brilliant, in pretty much every way.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,173
    ShavenLegs wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

More like suicidal. :) Can you think of any other event where one the greatest former champions moves on to a role of bouncer. I reckon the James Bond franchise have missed a trick in not getting him in as a bad guy in one of the films.

It would be the end of the James Bond franchise - The Badger would finish 007 off...... ;)
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Amazing — ten years ago we'd have thought one stage win was beyond expectations. Chapeau!

Who's this 'we' of which you speak?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    ShavenLegs wrote:
    AndyRubio wrote:
    The best bit:

bettiniphoto_0117864_1_full_600.jpg

No-one f*cks with the Badger. Don't you just love him?

I missed this (TV got swtiched to the golf before the presentations :evil: ). Who was the guy being "helped" off the podium by Hinault?

He looked more credible than Maurice Greene who was dressed like he'd just wandered off the beach, in fact I thought it was some random guy until Harmon confirmed it was Maurice Greene.
  • We were driving around Italy in our dark hire car with "Go Wiggo" written into the dust on the tailgate.

Shame our Rome hotel was so sh*t that I missed the final stage and coronation :roll:
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Hinault's got form shoving tossers off the podium and it's usually a long way to the ground too!
    He'd probably get arrested for assault over here!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.