Cube AMS 130 SL vs Canyon nerve AM 7

2»

Comments

• poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    It's really difficult to recommend one over the other of these for a number of reasons.

I'm pretty sure there aren't many people that have ridden both, we don't know how much you weigh (although guessing not much as you are 160cm tall) or how powerful a rider you are and we don't know the kind of terrain you will mostly be riding as most of us haven't ridden in Spain.

Generally speaking, re the choice of Canyons, I'd say that if you are small and light, want a bike to cover a fair bit of distance, over varied terrain and that can cope with most things and not heavily biased to downhills then go for a womens specific Nerve XC.

I'm 105 kg so tend to work suspensions pretty hard, a 150mm fork is great for me and a bike that weighs an extra kg or two isn't an issue. If you weigh 60kg then an extra kg can feel like a lot more and why carry heavy forks and brake rotors if you don't really need them.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • SpeedFræk
    SpeedFræk Posts: 111
    poppit wrote:
    It's really difficult to recommend one over the other of these for a number of reasons.

I'm pretty sure there aren't many people that have ridden both, we don't know how much you weigh (although guessing not much as you are 160cm tall) or how powerful a rider you are and we don't know the kind of terrain you will mostly be riding as most of us haven't ridden in Spain.

Generally speaking, re the choice of Canyons, I'd say that if you are small and light, want a bike to cover a fair bit of distance, over varied terrain and that can cope with most things and not heavily biased to downhills then go for a womens specific Nerve XC.

I'm 105 kg so tend to work suspensions pretty hard, a 150mm fork is great for me and a bike that weighs an extra kg or two isn't an issue. If you weigh 60kg then an extra kg can feel like a lot more and why carry heavy forks and brake rotors if you don't really need them.

Hiya, I spoke to Canyon and they offer free UPS shipping for warranty repairs etc so I´m pretty happy with that. Doing some measurements I cannot get for any size but a small and there are none in stock. Not really a fan of womens spec bikes, i´ve never had or tried one, the paint jobs are aren´t my cup of tea either :shock: :P

I´m 66kg a bit on the heavy side but I´ll be losing weight soon as I am running every night now.

Canyon did confirm that they are out of stock of my size in the strive es 6 which is a pity. I guess I´ll need to wait until the 2013 models are launched or go for the AM 7. The outlet doesn´t have my size but i´ll keep looking out for deals.

Thanks again everyone for your help. I´ll let you know what happens with Canyon :)