Who would you bring in for 2013 for Team Sky

2»

Comments

• luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Tom BB wrote:
    The problem with Martin is, that although he is a climber, he's just not quite good enough at it in a GT for him to be of real use.....many days he was dropped before Porte had peeled off!

I think he's a bit too chunky to be a top level climber. I'm not saying he couldn't be, but he'd have to give up some of that time trial prowess if he wanted to be. There was minor speculation about Cancellara doing it when he was at his best. It's pretty unrealistic.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Luckao wrote:
    Tom BB wrote:
    The problem with Martin is, that although he is a climber, he's just not quite good enough at it in a GT for him to be of real use.....many days he was dropped before Porte had peeled off!

I think he's a bit too chunky to be a top level climber. I'm not saying he couldn't be, but he'd have to give up some of that time trial prowess if he wanted to be. There was minor speculation about Cancellara doing it when he was at his best. It's pretty unrealistic.

I Think they are talking Dan Martin Rather than Tony... :roll:

I'd like to see JTL, he will be mammoth, But I agree with the others about strengthening the classics squad, "G" and Stannard, need some mentoring for want of a better word, they both have the engines.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Germain Jackson

Ftfy
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Yeah I was on about Dan Martin-he'll be wanting told hold onto all of the TT prowess that he can! :D
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I'd like to see a few people leave rather than join.

Check. Big budget Sky tapping all the talent with cash reduces the competition and makes for worse viewing.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    rubertoe wrote:
    I Think they are talking Dan Martin Rather than Tony... :roll:

I thought I'd been mysteriously transported to another forum until I saw the pretentious eye roll to pour scorn on my insufficient grasp of the topic at hand. All is normal. Phew!
    Tom BB wrote:
    Yeah I was on about Dan Martin-he'll be wanting told hold onto all of the TT prowess that he can! :D

Only 04:41 down today. Smashed it 8)
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Isn't Flecha going to Vacansoleil as replacement for Devolder?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    knedlicky wrote:
    Isn't Flecha going to Vacansoleil as replacement for Devolder?

His agent says he has offers from a number of teams, including Sky. At Sky he'd be working for Thomas and EBH (according to the agent), and he'd rather lead for someone.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Pierre Roland & Thibaut Pinot. It would be quite amusing to see a British team develop and deliver a French TdF winner.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Pierre Roland & Thibaut Pinot. It would be quite amusing to see a British team develop and deliver a French TdF winner.

+1 :twisted:
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Ed Clancy. Sky have discovered how to make gingers successful on the road
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Jurgen VDB or Jelle Vanendert - I reckon Sky could move up their performances a good bit...kinda wasted there in a belgian classics team.