Given a free choice, which team would you join?

2»

Comments

• fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Christina Watches Onfone. Awash with drugs, just the way I like it.
  • alwaystoohot
    alwaystoohot Posts: 252
    ddraver wrote:
    Jez mon wrote:
    Sky or Garmin.

Garmin looks more fun though

+1, basically...

+2, I like the sound of 'Millar Time'.
    'I started with nothing and still have most of it left.'
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Specialized Lululemon or Vanderkitten... mmmm lady pros!
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    AG2R for the brown shorts. And the chance to ride with Nicky Roche.

Team Sky just looks too intense.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    Garmin!
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    I'd create something new and as it turns out I just got an email from a guy at Sony who wants to start a team built around me.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • On_What
    On_What Posts: 516
    Lampre!!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,182
    Thinking about, what team is Liz Hatch on these days? I'll join that one!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    Pross wrote:
    Thinking about, what team is Liz Hatch on these days? I'll join that one!
    She retired according to this article. http://pezcyclingnews.com/?pg=fullstory&id=9869
    Liz: No, I will never ever race pro again. When I started I didn’t set out to be a pro. When I started cycling I didn’t even know that women raced. Sadly, I wish I had started earlier. I started cycling when I was 25 and racing at 26 just for fun. I wasn’t an athlete before, so it was a steep learning curve. One thing happened and another thing happened and then I found myself racing in Europe. I was really excited about doing it, but it wasn’t a life time goal. It just came about. I really appreciate the experience it has brought me, the travel, and all the great people I’ve met. Coming from nothing it’s a pretty cool thing to happen, but I just realized this year you just can’t make a living doing it. Also, there comes a point, I’m 31 years-old now, when you see there is no future in racing for me. Cycling is in my future, but not professional racing. Professional by definition it is something you make a living doing. It was becoming too much of a struggle to stay at a good level and live a life. For example, the team I was on; we weren’t paid and we had to pay our own travel. This was one of the best UCI teams, so there was no reward for all the effort. I still love riding my bike, but I stopped loving racing because you have to be fulfilled emotionally, spiritually and financially. It got to the point where I don’t want to risk my health and my life anymore for nothing. I don’t want that to sound ungrateful, it’s just a fact.

It’s such a shame because I can see so much talent wasted. You hear the men asking for 3 million a year, and well that’s great, I feel happy for them. Then you see us and the chasm is so large, it’s like two continents with oceans between. I had a conversation with someone at the UCI, asking how things could be different with contracts etc. They look at women’s teams like they are just clubs, so there is no minimum wage, it’s not a profession for them.

I will ride some Gran Fondos though.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Liz: I will ride some Gran Fondos though.

So she's still racing, then? ;)
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    Herb Life
    I may be completly mis understanding what tehy are about but it seems like a great bus to be on pre race!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,182
    Ben6899 wrote:

I just need to find out what ones she's doing - no problem getting an A standard by sitting on her wheel all day ;)
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    Ben6899 wrote:

Not as a pro though :P
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Christina Watches, obviously.
    - Owners are extremely experienced in the sport.
    - Christina Hembo is not fucking annoying in any way.
    - Christina Hembo would be my warm up instead of coffee.
    - They genuinely want the best for the sport. Signings of Michael Rasmussen and Schumacher prove that.
    - They bought a bus.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Garmin. But only on the basis that they employed Jens Voight.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    For those of us who said Garmin this says it all really!
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... rance.html
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    I would suggest signing for the team with the most up-front money and with any bikes and gear you can keep when you're no longer in the team.

I think this makes the most sense as we'd all be sacked within a matter of days for not being good enough.