TDF Rest day 2 *spoiler*

2»

Comments

• greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    edited July 2012
    Calder wrote:
    Nibali to escape on the last climb, gain time on the descent with his m4d sk1llz and take yellow by 10 seconds and hold it until Brad takes it back in the final TT.

And nothing happens on Thursday's stage? How about Wiggins punctures at the base of the last climb and Froome doesn't wait for him. That would be fun! :D

........... So EBH gives Brad his bike, and he TT's himself back to the front, while Froome blows a gasket and slips out of podium contention.....

I would like it more if Cavendish gave Wiggins his bike. That would have far better comedy value.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    tumblr_m7b5821AOV1qacyk6o1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_m7b5821AOV1qacyk6o2_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Dorset Boy wrote:
    I thought imported steak was compulsory for all spanish riders on tour - expect Cobo to attack from the off tomorrow and win the stage by 2 horns

Ftfy :D
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Daz555 wrote:
    Coppi avatar on in readiness for the next two days. Will it be epic or will it disappoint the champions of this sport.
    Nibali to escape on the last climb, gain time on the descent with his m4d sk1llz and take yellow by 10 seconds and hold it until Brad takes it back in the final TT.
    Gulp....I doubt my nerves could handle that.
    No, he will have to do that at least on the Aspin, as the final descent just isn't steep or twisty enough (if you ignore the few hairpins at the top). Any gain made on the final col would only be from the ascent.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    We may have our rest day doping story:

VeloNews ‏@velonews
    UCI issues statement regarding adverse analytical finding for RadioShack's Frank Schleck from July 14 at Tour de France. Story coming soon.
  • frenchfighter
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle wrote:
    We may have our rest day doping story:

VeloNews ‏@velonews
    UCI issues statement regarding adverse analytical finding for RadioShack's Frank Schleck from July 14 at Tour de France. Story coming soon.
    Again, like di Gregorio, clearly rubbish drugs
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_m7bf19SyWC1qacyk6o1_500.png
    tumblr_m7bff3nIG41qacyk6o1_400.jpg
    tumblr_m7bidyrfiK1qacyk6o1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    "We had a couple of really good holidays here when I was growing up," Martin told Cyclingnews in Pau on Tuesday. "We did an epic ride one day when I was 16. We started out from Luz-Saint-Saveur, then we did the Tourmalet, Aspin and then up to the Peyresourde to watch the Tour.

"We rode back too, so I ended up doing the both sides of the Tourmalet, both sides of the Aspin both sides and once up the Peyresourde, all in the same day. It took something like seven hours and I was only 16. I was on my knees afterwards, but I do love these mountains. They've got good memories for me."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/martin- ... ean-return
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Phil "..you can hear the whistle behind you."
    Paul "..you've almost got to be listening backwards. Like a horse. When their ears point backwards."

Loved that commentry - as soon as they said it, Fedirigo who was the leading rider in the breakaway whizzed off from the front IIRC. :D

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • frenchfighter
    Sagan signing a chicks breast without her asking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUWakT8eu7I
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Are there any awesome photo anywhere?
  • frenchfighter
    Samu is back on his bike.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    “So far it's been a great Tour but I don’t want to be satisfied with this,” Nibali told Liquigas-Cannondale’s rest-day press conference. “The third place that I occupy now is certainly important, but if there’s a chance to do something better, I intend to seize it. There is still enough terrain to make my mark, to attack and make up some time.”

With Nibali concentrating on the Tour this season, teammate Ivan Basso aimed at taking his third Giro d’Italia; the 34-year-old could only manage fifth in his home tour, but is riding in France in support of Nibali, where his experience has been invaluable to the younger rider.

“The next two stages are the decisive ones in this sense,” Nibali explained. I don’t know them very well but Basso has been an excellent leader.”

As one of the most fearless descenders in the peloton Nibali does not just look to attack as he climbs up the mountains, but often on the way down again. He has attacked on several descents in the race so far, but feels that the long drop from the Col du Peyresourde to the finish in Bagnères-de-Luchon tomorrow may not be entirely suitable.

“The downhill finish tomorrow is intriguing,” he said. “But I understand it is not too technical and I do not know how much difference it can make. Thursday though [between Bagnères-de-Luchon and Peyragudes - ed], lends itself to attacks.”

So far in the race nobody has been able to overcome the dominance of Team Sky, with Wiggins and Froome standing out as the strongest riders in the race. Nibali doesn’t discount working with some of his other rivals however, to try to loosen the British team’s firm grip on the race.

“Sky and its top men Wiggins and Froome have confirmed, day after day, to be masters of the race, but you can’t predict what situations could occur,” he said. “Alliances may arise that are difficult to control. I expect [Lotto-Belisol’s Jurgen] Van den Broeck to still fight, as well as [BMC Racing’s defending champion Cadel] Evans and others.

“Together we can try to undermine their dominance,” he continued, “and then we will be able to understand the roles at casa Sky. Wiggins offers more guarantees and has the time trial on his side, but he prefers a consistent pace and could suffer with changes in rhythm on the climbs; Froome is a better climber, what would he do if we could drop Wiggins?”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • kanto
    kanto Posts: 112
    Sagan signing a chicks breast without her asking

:D:lol:
  • Sagan signing a chicks breast without her asking

Doe sthis meet your definition of True Champion?