The Cycle Show ITV4

napoleond
napoleond Posts: 5,992
edited July 2012 in The bottom bracket
Starts Monday at 8pm.

Not a clue if it's going to be any good or not...
Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
ABCC Cycling Coach

Comments

• I'm already thinking gadget show :?
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    obviously its going to disappoint some with so many aspects to the world of cycling - but looking forward to it.

Do you reckon they'll have a you've been framed style section for commuters head cam shots - 250 pound for who can be the biggest bellend
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    It'll be 60% "commuter style", 30% fat MTBers and 10% high end road bikes a-la Gadget Show.

And it will be aimed at fair weather weekend warriors.

Bit like Top Gear, for bikes, I reckon.

In a word, it'll be sh*t.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    It will probably be $hit, usual telly fodder ....
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I don't have a TV so can someone watch it for me and post a precis of the show

leave out:
    • the stooopid bits
    • the bits that are just plain wrong
    • the fashion aspects
    • celebrity
    • bits on commuting
    • dull bits
    • the ads
    • spinning logos
    • on screen graphics
    • bits like top gear

in fact precis the whole evenings/weeks viewing, write it here...................... enough space? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Yeesh you guys are SO cynical-of course it will be sh1te.bet you watch anyway.
    Hopefully there will be an Audax section with tips on how to knit your own beard and cleated sandals,and an exploding caravan.
    Davina is keen on cycling,so basically we`re fooked.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Blancmange
    Blancmange Posts: 103
    I wonder if they'll have a studio debate on the ethics of Sportive racing.
    - Slave to the cadence -
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    If they use either Top Gear or the Gadget Show as a template then it will be worse than awful. As both those programmes obviously are.

I'll watch the first one to see what it's like, but it may be one for the ITV Player in the middle of the night with the baby. My wife's totally had enough of cycling/sport in general on TV. Though having said that she's watched a few of the tour stages this year and been almost absorbed. Progress.
  • team47b wrote:
    I don't have a TV so can someone watch it for me and post a precis of the show

leave out:
    • the stooopid bits
    • the bits that are just plain wrong
    • the fashion aspects
    • celebrity
    • bits on commuting
    • dull bits
    • the ads
    • spinning logos
    • on screen graphics
    • bits like top gear

in fact precis the whole evenings/weeks viewing, write it here...................... enough space? :D

You forgot the 'coming up in part 2...' bits and the 'edited highlights of part 1' 2 minutes after they showed it.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    So, was it on? Did anyone watch it? Verdict?
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Ooops, didnt' realise it doesnt' start till the 23rd :oops:
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Put it this way - its on ITV on a Monday night.

Its gonna be shit.

The only saving grace is if the token burd gets her norks out. Which she won't. The other male presenters will just make fawning "flirty" comments and she'll pretend to be professional a la burds from the Gadget Show, knowing full well at the end of the day that she should be at home in the kitchen.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    is it worth missing yet?
    Cycling weakly
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    jim453 wrote:
    If they use either Top Gear or the Gadget Show as a template then it will be worse than awful. As both those programmes obviously are.

Can't see it working, but going down the Gadget Show route is probably their best bet.
    exercise.png
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    TheStone wrote:
    jim453 wrote:

Can't see it working, but going down the Gadget Show route is probably their best bet.
    Anything with Suzi Perry is pretty much an instant win though.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    jim453 wrote:

The Cycle Show will naturally be minus Clarkson and his ill-fitting supermarket denim, so that's got to be a big feather in its cap to begin with. ;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    nevman wrote:
    Yeesh you guys are SO cynical-of course it will be sh1te.bet you watch anyway.
    Hopefully there will be an Audax section with tips on how to knit your own beard and cleated sandals,and an exploding caravan.
    Davina is keen on cycling,so basically we`re fooked.

I misread that as "how to knit your own bread". Should've gone to Specsavers. :oops:

Surely the exploding caravan was the trademark of that other Richard "Hamster" Hammond* vehicle Brainiac, rather than TG?

David

*N.B. He's not even a real hamster.
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 950
    They might have a Top Gear esque 'Star on a reasonably priced road bike' where they complete a small time trial on a mid - high range road bike.
    Cube Attain SL Disc
    Giant CRS 2.0
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110
    seanorawe wrote:
    They might have a Top Gear esque 'Star on a reasonably priced road bike' where they complete a small time trial on a mid - high range road bike.

from the advert I saw last night they were racing folding bikes (already been done by the gadget show)

hopefully will have a bit of eye candy at least, suzi perry and pollyanna woodward make the gadget show easy on the eye but tbh I actually quite like the show anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfHbKTde-nE
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Don't forget the brad wiggins documentary before it at 7pm!
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • ethanhayes
    ethanhayes Posts: 112
    BBH wrote:
    Don't forget the brad wiggins documentary before it at 7pm!

Its just a repeat of the one that was on this week, isn't it?
    Still, worth a watch if you missed it.
  • BBH
    BBH Posts: 476
    Yep missed it and didn't know it was on hence the post, looks good though
    2012 Scott Foil 10 (Shimano dura ace) - in progress
    2011 Cervelo S2 (SRAM Red/Force)
    2011 Cannondale Caad 10 (Shimano 105)

"Hills Hurt, Couches Kill!!"
    Twitter: @MadRoadie
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    jim453 wrote:

The Cycle Show will naturally be minus Clarkson and his ill-fitting supermarket denim, so that's got to be a big feather in its cap to begin with. ;)

David

:D:D:D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Jesus its like its pitched at braindead morons
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    is the owner of Micycles the guy from little Britain who looks after the wheelchair bound bald fella
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    coriordan wrote:
    Jesus its like its pitched at braindead morons

thank god it was only 30mins.. I'll give it one more chance next week. But I don't have high hopes!
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,831
    What a load of $hit.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    rozzer32 wrote:
    What a load of $hit.

It's trying to be all things to all people. they could have got some less eccentric guests for the first show, Fisher and Obree are great guys but difficult to manage in a 30 min slot. Graham was enthusiastic but all over the place. I thought Fisher gave him a good run for the money on the Rollapaluza
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • toontra
    toontra Posts: 1,160
    Predictable content and very poor presentation. This does cycling no favours at all.

a serious case of small cogs
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    toontra wrote:
    Predictable content and very poor presentation. This does cycling no favours at all.

Try not to worry about it. As of yesterday cycling in Britain is the sole property of 'the people', for better or worse. You may very well know what you're talking about but no-one will be listening. It's out of all our hands now. Sooner we get over it the better I suppose.