5 ringed lanes...

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I think he was saying that no one had posted anything relevant to his topic but we had gone over the top sometimes.

On topic - it doesnt suprise me - London's roads are a nightmare for cyclists and drivers alike, the olympics were always going to make it worse and its no suprise that the games traffic only lanes would include cyclists and buses.

When I used to cycle in London I generally travelled by back roads rather than main routes with cycle lanes in any case as the cycle and bus routes were more dangerous as buses tend to overtake then immdeiately pull over for the next stop - bus drivers apparently cant plan more than a few seconds ahead.

So glad I am not in London for the Olympics but I really hope it is a phenomenal spectacle and goes off smoothly.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    TwellySmat wrote:
    Oh god. My housemate has joined the forum.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    compo wrote:
    TwellySmat wrote:

For anyone who hasn't met my house mate, he is the most opinionated hippy ever who thinks aliens are going to come down from space and save us from the evil murderous government.

But not before weed has cured every known disease ;)
  • Twelly
    GOD DAMN HIPPIES
  • Bigchris
    Bigchris Posts: 131
    TwellySmat wrote:
    compo wrote:
    TwellySmat wrote:

Google that, do some research and you may be surprised. That's the thing though, you havnt, won't and have dismissed his opinions straight away. If BBC told you, it would be a totally different story im sure.

Sorry for the thread hijack yestaday op...

On topic, I know its kind of a pi## take but is it not going to be packed from top to toe with pedestrians, so riding is going to be like trying to ride down a busy high street on a Saturday, maybe even worse. I've never been London but I hear its plenty busy normally, especially with thousands flocking from every corner of the world.

On the other hand, at my local gym (Manchester aquatic centre) the Australian team have pretty much took over the gym and swimming pool. Only half the gym is open and all the free weights, swimming pools for the majority of the day are closed for the Olympic team. Which is a pi## take in its own, never mind when they go on funny about any sort of compensation.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Bigchris wrote:
    TwellySmat wrote:

Google that, do some research and you may be surprised. That's the thing though, you havnt, won't and have dismissed his opinions straight away. If BBC told you, it would be a totally different story im sure.
    :lol:
    Oh god, the stupid, it burns :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't believe anything on the BBC because it is run by shapeshiftinglizardilluminatijoobankerragheaddarkiepinkoliberalcommies.
    All cleverly paid for by your licence fees.

And they're coming for you yeehaa, there's no place to run, no place to hide.

Just so you know.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    cooldad wrote:
    And they're coming for you yeehaa, there's no place to run, no place to hide.

Just so you know.
    Oh I know all right. I know they're coming.
    And I'm waiting for them.
    When they find me, there will be no remorse.
    There will be no surrender.
    I will not take pity on them.

I'm ready for them
    Heavy.jpg:lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What's the giant bog roll under your obvious for?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    It's my MBUK magazine.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Bigchris wrote:
    TwellySmat wrote:
    compo wrote:
    TwellySmat wrote:

Sorry for the thread hijack yestaday op...

Is there some law that states if you believe one ridiculous conspiracy theory you absolutely have to believe them all? Anyone I met who believes whole heartedly in the 911 conspiracy generally considers David ike a well thought out objective observer of the problems of the world.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Twelly
    Bigchris wrote:
    TwellySmat wrote:
    compo wrote:
    TwellySmat wrote:

Yep, I just Googled it and you are right, smoking weed IS the cure for every disease on the planet.

If only the medical world knew about Google!! Think how many people they could save!! :(
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    You don't have to smoke it you know, you can ingest.

I don't think it is seen as a cure per se, more managing symptoms.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998

Like taking paracetamol to treat cancer. Or fixing your car by putting tape over the engine warning light.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    better than drinking yoru worries away.

Ingested it's way less harmful than boozing it up. and this is coming froma guy who has given up completely.
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    bails87 wrote:

Like taking paracetamol to treat cancer. Or fixing your car by putting tape over the engine warning light.

I wonder if the new owner ever found that!
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • YeehaaMcgee

Ingested it's way less harmful than boozing it up. and this is coming froma guy who has given up completely.
    :roll:
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    bails87 wrote:

I see you've already discovered the SHOCKING SECRETS the medical establishment / car industry / insert-corporation-here DOESNT WANT YOU TO KNOW.
  • bails87

:roll:
    Yes, waylander, I think you've completely missed the point.

"X masks the symptoms of a disease" is not the same as "X cures this disease". Whether or not something is better for you than alcohol is irrelevant. If you've got a disease, you need something that gets rid of the disease, not just masks the pain of it.
    MTB/CX

• Thewaylander
    Bails,

Some things can't be cured. From a pure planet point of veiw if we could cure everything the ecelogical balance would be in severe trouble. Sometimes you can only make peple comfortable.
  • bails87
    Bails,

Some things can't be cured. From a pure planet point of veiw if we could cure everything the ecelogical balance would be in severe trouble. Sometimes you can only make peple comfortable.
    Which has nothing to do with you getting high instead of getting drunk...... :wink:
    MTB/CX

• Thewaylander
    True i just get annoyed when people estole how bad for you it is lol. It's fairly misinformed.
  • ElliesDad
    ElliesDad Posts: 245
    To say the security for the games is a knee jerk reaction following 9/11 is a bit short sighted. At the end of the day for the powers that be to provide warships, attack helicopters, ground to air missiles etc. there must be pretty strong intelligence to say that there is a high chance of a terrorist attack.
    2012 Boardman FS Team
    2014 Giant Defy 2
  • bails87
    Or maybe there are exclusivity rights to protect.
    Pendleton will not be able to tweet about tucking into her Weetabix on the morning of race day, or post a video message to fans from her room in the athletes' village.

Pub landlords will be banned from posting signs reading: "Come and watch the London Games from our big screen!"

Fans in the crowd won't be allowed to upload snippets of the day's action to YouTube – or even, potentially, to post their snaps from inside the Olympic Village on Facebook. And a crack team of branding "police", the Games organisers Locog have acknowledged, will be checking every bathroom in every Olympic venue – with the power to remove or tape over manufacturers' logos even on soap dispensers, wash basins and toilets.

I'm sure there's more info on the official games site but it's against their terms of use (although not the law, I think) to link to the site in a derogatory way, so I can't do that.

Also, unless they're expecting an armada to float up the Thames, is there much that a warship can do? Mind you, all those soldiers on the streets of London will have it under control... :roll:

YAY, Olympics! ™
    MTB/CX

• ElliesDad
    ElliesDad Posts: 245
    I think the warship is there as a base and to launch attack helicopters from. Who knows what goes on in the mind of a government minister!
    2012 Boardman FS Team
    2014 Giant Defy 2
  • Twelly
    I think the warship is there to shoot down the alien spaceships which will be invading the Olympic stadium during the long jump. Then we can all have a joint to celebrate mankind's' victory and freedom.
  • Bigchris
    ElliesDad wrote:
    To say the security for the games is a knee jerk reaction following 9/11 is a bit short sighted. At the end of the day for the powers that be to provide warships, attack helicopters, ground to air missiles etc. there must be pretty strong intelligence to say that there is a high chance of a terrorist attack.[/]

We dont get told the truth about these terrorist events obviously, so if mine and many overs theories are correct and it is the government, who are the terrorists? They have all the money and real money (gold) they could ever need or want. What is there next lust? I know what mine would be...power (control).

On the weed thing..I never meant to say it would cure all diseases, but as others have pointed out, it can surpress and who knows maybe cure many a diseases, which up to now have been mildly surpressed with killer toxic treatments which is not doing no one no good. With the knowledge that they sell these drugs for ridiculous prices makes me think they are not likely to be enlightening you to all the great remedies which can be found for nothing.

Its not even just weed..you think none of them Chinese remedies and such are nothing but bollocks?

On top of the weed debate...look at hemp fibre, that shit is better than cotto in all ways...its evil weed though...im not all one for weed though, I do smoke it hard myself, but do need to change my habits, as I understand the negatives of it if abused, especially as what we are smoking nowadays is not really natural weed and is hybrid. I am one for all things natural and realise that no matter what smoking modern weed is not going to do the average person no good if abused.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Before I continue, I must say, I am enjoying your ranting. It's really fascinating.
    But, to pour a little fuel on the fire, so to speak, nobody ever thought hemp was "evil weed". There's no THC in it, so there's no "point" smoking it. People make clothes and rope out of it.
    I'd love to hear what you, specifically you, think is the reason why people use so much cotton and wool, and so little hemp though.
  • Bigchris
    Obviously mate, at the end of the day mate there are pretty much the same plant.

Why would they not use hemp is the question. Apparently its because of the enviormental effects but in not having it. Corporations rape this planet day in day out.To be honest i dont have a opinion other than it's in with the category of weed and they dont want to much of mind opening towards it.

What is your opinion mate.

I'm glad you are enjoying this aswell, its quite a lesson to see the thoughts of various people, some of my opinions are widely thought in my neck of the woods. It is interesting and some times entertaining to hear some peoples views.

Maybe we are all wrong, your right, im right, who knows. I just look at history and alarm bells ring, then i glance at society and sirens go off.