tumblr_m77thjVEJN1qacyk6o1_r1_500.png
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    tumblr_m77q30mzxv1rs3h6xo1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    A lot of people won't be enjoying this today.

Day before rest day and the peloton has been racing flat out solidly for the first 50km already.
  • frenchfighter
    I don't think they will mind. 95% of them have fresh legs from soft-pedalling yesterday.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Jez mon wrote:
    The number of abandons has been skewed by the massive crash in week one hasn't it? I don't think it's a particularly tough parcours.

You and rick are right, it just seems more possibly due to a fair amount of higher profile riders falling victim. I think the point I'm making (rather lousily) is that it may be that the racing has become duller because there are less superhuman feats taking place.

Crashes in the old days were better too!

chute.jpg
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,182
    Is it worth chucking Sky player on or shall I just watch the highlights tonight?
  • rick_chasey
    Pross wrote:
    Is it worth chucking Sky player on or shall I just watch the highlights tonight?

If you like seeing how breaks are formed it's worth watching now.
  • Le Commentateur
    tumblr_m77sz76wQW1ropreyo1_400.png
    I got that in Equipe on Saturday, which also came with a nice little colour supplement magazine packed with photos of Brits. Here's one of them, doing an "Obree":

CavEquipe.jpg
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Pross wrote:

This is definitely a 'highlights' day even if they are racing hard.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Sprinters won't be appreciating this. Might make those hills in the back end a little tougher.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Poor old Biggles. He looks like the camp lad at school trying to stop a fight.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    tumblr_m75fa1aDQW1qz6ktho1_500.jpg

I know his legs are like twigs, but come on, I thought they couldve at least made a pair of shorts that fit... Reminds meof young 8 year old kids who start out with cycling shorts that resemble baggy bermuda shorts rather than the intended snug-fitting cycling shorts :lol::lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Well i just counted 5 photographers in the sunflowers so the sterotype peloton in sunflowers image should be available from all good photowebsites tomorrow...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Le Commentateur
    Look's like Lidl are their shorts supplier.
  • Le Commentateur
    ddraver wrote:
    Well i just counted 5 photographers in the sunflowers so the sterotype peloton in sunflowers image should be available from all good photowebsites tomorrow...
    You'd think one of them would have the wit to stand further back and photograph the photographers generating these cliches - where's our modern era Robert Capra?

I'd love to see Martin Parr's take on Le Tour.
  • rick_chasey
    Looks like that Millar Grabsch Rui Costa and the other two break has finally got free.
  • afx237vi
    Looks like that Millar Grabsch Rui Costa and the other two break has finally got free.

Different group.

Christian VdV, Fedrigo, Voeckler, Dumoulin, Devenyns.
  • rick_chasey
    Pfft.

I'm sh!t.
  • afx237vi
    VdV drew the short straw there, anyway. Don't fancy his chances against the other 4 even if they stay away.
  • frenchfighter
    Sagan and Greipel are currently tied on 16 wins this season. Solid stuff.

Gilbert won the victory ranking last year. With 18. And he isn't a sprinter. That was how good his year was last year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    Eurosport have a new advert! With pandas!

*puts Chungdu, China on list of future holiday destinations after Venezuela, Lebanon, Mysterious Lower Silesia, Malaysia Truly Asia, and Croatia the Mediterranean as It Once Was*
  • rick_chasey
    afx237vi wrote:
    Eurosport have a new advert! With pandas!

*puts Chungdu, China on list of future holiday destinations after Venezuela, Lebanon, Mysterious Lower Silesia, Malaysia Truly Asia, and Croatia the Mediterranean as It Once Was*

:D
  • Love EBH on the front with his arms out
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Seriously, did P+P not understand what Saxo were up to there?
  • rick_chasey
    A bit of Riis poker eh?

Either we take the break back, or you let our rider join. Your choice.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,243
    Yup. Blatantly obvious to everyone but Phil and Paul.
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,584
    Had to take a business call. What happened to the break Millar was in that Sorensen was chasing and what did Saxo do that P&P couldn't understand?
  • afx237vi
    Alan A wrote:
    Had to take a business call. What happened to the break Millar was in that Sorensen was chasing and what did Saxo do that P&P couldn't understand?

5 riders out front, Nicki Sorensen stuck chasing them... Saxo go to the front of the peloton and start drilling it, ie "you guys out front slow down and let Nicki catch up or you're all getting reeled in".