Canyon Nerve AM7.0 Mamba Green

13»

Comments

• I really like this. The green is a fantastic colour.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I'm going to be a real pain mate but could you send me a photo of the clips? Canyon have none in stock now and won't get any more in as they no longer make the frame! Which was really helpful! So I would need to get some made. Not sure it's going to be possible but I have a mate who is a tool maker so if I can get some machined by showing him a picture then that may save trying to cable tie to the top tube.

Russ
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I only ordered them a few weeks ago, via email. Odd.

Pm me your mobile number or email address and I'll send you pics.
  • mcnultycop
    9841618585_8d85808c69_c.jpg
    Antur by mcnultycop, on Flickr

I went to Antur on Friday. It was brilliant, my first uplift and I still feel battered after it. Snapped a mech hanger (had a spare) but the bike was superb.
  • mcnultycop
    Not updated this for a while:

14380471633_a699b37322_b.jpg
    New bits by mcnultycop, on Flickr

14359414044_97c8bc4f0b_b.jpg
    New bits by mcnultycop, on Flickr

14173667718_647a3048fd_b.jpg
    Frame crack by mcnultycop, on Flickr

So new brakes as the Maguras (or one anyway) are going back under warranty and I didn't want to be brake-less. And I just wanted some XTs.

Hope T-Rex 40t for winching up climbs.

And a crack at the back, not sure if it is just the paint or if it's the frame. I've emailed Canyon to see what they say,
  • mcnultycop
    14386410613_e91c18b853_b.jpg
    Southpaw by mcnultycop, on Flickr

And added Southpaw.
  • mcnultycop
    14344972686_c4936e7947_b.jpg
    Untitled by mcnultycop, on Flickr

T-Rex is great, new chain installed but I think I need a new cassette, it's a bit sloppy under load at the smaller end of the cassette.

XT brakes are great.

Southpaw improves the Lev no end.
  • mcnultycop
    14618111702_139bf9e5c1_b.jpg
    Two days of Le Tour by mcnultycop, on Flickr

New frame!

The frame cracked slightly, and Canyon have been brilliant sorting it out.

This photo was at Blackstone Edge on the way to watch Le Tour.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    what was the issue with your Magura's out of interest. I've got a set of OEM MT2/4's and one of the master cylinders has a crack. For the price of the new MC I can get a full set of XT's!
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • AshW92
    AshW92 Posts: 67
    Really nice bike mate, but can i ask what difference the Southpaw makes? Been eyeing one up for my Lev as the OEM switch is terrible
  • mcnultycop
    what was the issue with your Magura's out of interest. I've got a set of OEM MT2/4's and one of the master cylinders has a crack. For the price of the new MC I can get a full set of XT's!

Performance wise, nothing, but one was leaking from the inside of the clamp, so a crack somewhere in the master cylinder.

I'd already crashed one of them and spares are really expensive, so just decided to go XT.
  • mcnultycop
    AshW92 wrote:
    Really nice bike mate, but can i ask what difference the Southpaw makes? Been eyeing one up for my Lev as the OEM switch is terrible

It just puts the lever in the right position, but it's only any use if you are 1x as it replaces the left shifter.

My Lev died yesterday though. Back to Germany again...
  • AshW92
    mcnultycop wrote:
    AshW92 wrote:

It just puts the lever in the right position, but it's only any use if you are 1x as it replaces the left shifter.

I'm going 1X soon, hence my reasoning behind switching from the standard lever to the southpaw, was hoping to free up some bar space but the southpaw would negate a lot of that. Have you had your LEV replaced with the new version? Mine broke a few months back so had it returned to Jungle and the updated version sent back
  • mcnultycop
    AshW92 wrote:
    mcnultycop wrote:
    AshW92 wrote:

I'm going 1X soon, hence my reasoning behind switching from the standard lever to the southpaw, was hoping to free up some bar space but the southpaw would negate a lot of that. Have you had your LEV replaced with the new version? Mine broke a few months back so had it returned to Jungle and the updated version sent back

Lev had been repaired once as it was sagging. Now it's stuck at the bottom, I'm waiting for Bike-discount to get back to me.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    mcnultycop wrote:
    AshW92 wrote:
    mcnultycop wrote:
    AshW92 wrote:

Lev had been repaired once as it was sagging. Now it's stuck at the bottom, I'm waiting for Bike-discount to get back to me.

Good luck. Mine got stuck in the up position a few weeks back and it took them over 3 weeks to reply to my initial email :shock: In that time I gave up waiting, phoned them, sent it back using their returns label and now they're telling me they don't have it despite the tracking showing it was delivered on the 2nd :x

Admittedly this isn't the first time it's had an issue and they've always been efficient getting it fixed before so I wonder what's up this time.

Out of interest AshW92 what is it you don't like about the normal lever? I've found it to be the best out of any I've used but then again I really hate the Reverb lever so maybe I've got weird hands.
  • AshW92
    Peter, it's nothing ridiculously important, it's just that sometimes it won't wan't to pull the cable efficiently, it can take two pushes of the button (i know this is a typical first world problem, but when you pay that money for a good you expect it to work properly). I just want something efficient that i can press knowing every time i do it will do exactly what i want it to.
    Regarding the return of a LEV, i must be lucky because mine was sent back through Wheelbase (one of my local LBS's) and they sent it to Jungle to get it fixed, however Jungle took the piss and i didn't receive the seat post back for 4-6 weeks (I only had the bike a month or 2 before sending it away). Long story short, if you have the choice upgrade to a Rockshox reverb while they're on offer for £170
  • peter413
    That sound like a cable issue, have you tried fitting a new one? Is the spring in the post properly tensioned as well? It's not very tolerant of being slightly off IME. I don't think a new remote will solve that because it still rely's on the same cable system using the spring inside the post to pull the lever back. Or if the post is refusing to work even though the cable is being pulled then it might be time to send it back again.

Like I said this is the first time it's take so long with them, I'd normally have it back by now. I've asked for a brand new one and if they've lost it I don't see that they'll have any other option. Hope that means one of the brand new all black ones. No way I'm ever getting a Reverb until they change that bloody remote, it's awful! Honestly don't know how it gets so much praise.
  • mcnultycop
    Bike-discount were super efficient the first time it went back, but haven't responded yet to my email. I'll give them a bell on Monday if they haven't got back to me.

I'm sticking with the Lev, I don't fancy a reverb.
  • peter413
    Did you have any luck mcnultycop? It's now been a week since they last emailed me despite me emailing another 3 times asking for an update and the phone number is always busy when I try to phone them. Starting to get a little worried now.
  • mcnultycop
    They replied to my email rather than to their contact form. I'm to return it. Again.

It definitely isn't a cable issue by the way.
  • mcnultycop
    P.sl I just replied to the original order confirmation. Not sure if that helped.
  • peter413
    I finally managed to get them on the phone. Going to be another couple of weeks while they "investigate the missing package". And then the warranty process can start. Fingers crossed your post gets to them ok. I wonder what's gone wrong with them this time as this is the 4th or 5th time I've had to return it yet every other time they have been super helpful keeping me in the loop and getting the issues sorted ASAP.
  • mcnultycop
    Same here. Maybe they are all pi55ed because of the World Cup.
  • mcnultycop
    15628548876_5524d9e0c3_b.jpg
    Chicks dig scars? by mcnultycop, on Flickr

So the new frame is great. However, had a big off a few weeks back and managed a displaced fracture of the elbow.

I'm not riding for a while.