Improve this bike:

2»

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    There is nothing at all I would change except comfort points if you feel the need.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    supersonic wrote:
    There is nothing at all I would change except comfort points if you feel the need.

+1 to that! You've gotta £2K six month old bike..enjoy it. I don't think you could really improve it anyway. It hasn't just been cobbled together - I'm sure some thought has gone into designing it. Leave as is I'd say
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    right, i've got roughly £250 to spend on improving my bike but i don't know what to spend it on.
    If there's nothing that you think is lacking, then just leave it :roll:
  • thanks guys for your help. i should be more grateful and enjoy the bike as it is instead of throwing money at it. After all it rides pretty well as it is.

...i think i might buy another new ps3 instead!
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    nicklouse wrote:
    FunBus wrote:
    dont spend it for the sake of it, new parts wont make you more confident and like you say 710mm bars should be fine for a confidence inspiring ride.

I'd keep the money and put it to better use......approx 100 after ride beers?

710 bars on an XC bike! what are you on?

leave the bike. go on a course and if there is anything that needs changing to help improve you on that bike the person giving the course will spot it.
    The bars on my XC bike are 750mm, it's just what feels comfortable to me.

If it were me, I'd spend the money setting the bike up for myself (contact points, as SS said), but I'm quite particular as to how I like my bike set up. So bars, stem, pedals, seat, tyres. That is if the current ones aren't to your liking/don't suit you as well as other choices could. Failing that, dropper post. Or if you're not running them already, maybe try clips?
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    thanks guys for your help. i should be more grateful and enjoy the bike as it is instead of throwing money at it. After all it rides pretty well as it is

Indeed!

Read a few of the posts on the thread below and you'll realise how lucky you are :wink:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12863106
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I have a brand new rim to match my front, I hate odd wheels, but I can't justify new spokes and a hub when what I have works more than well. Just waiting for it to break....
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I definitley wouldnt go 140mm on a frame if it voids the warranty and besides with 250 quid isnt going to get you much of a fork.

If I was doing a bit of DH as well as trail riding on that bike I might get a bigger disc on the front brake, might beef up the tyres a little (esp if they are begining to wear) and the dropper post would eb a sensible addition if you think you need it (Quantocks is a pretty short but steep up, short but steep down area so could be a useful addition).

Nice bike though - tidy.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Looks like this is wrapping itself up. The bike doesn't need upgrading, but you could pick up some 'interchangeables' to change the way it rides for particular terrain - such as tyres. I have a wolverine (which appears to be OEM on yours) but I've never found cause to use it yet - too small and fast for my type of riding. I wouldn't take it DHing. If you're looking to continue enjoying DH, just some bigger knobblier tyres will make a world of difference. Don't bother with folding tyres though, just get the cheaper wire bead ones as they hold up much better on DH tracks. Highroller 2.5s. £60 to make a massive difference at triscombe; more grip, more stability, more confidence. Some Kevlar brake pads from superstar too. Bishbashbosh.
  • The bike's a monster. No enhancements needed.
    Suggest you save the cash up for bigger future projects.
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    I wouldn't change much on that bike at all...

Personally, I'd change the stem to a 50mm, wack some Maxxis High Rollers on it and throw some SPD pedals it's way... and i'd be well happy with that...
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • Would be much improved by........... Donating it to me of course :lol:. Can't see anything really to be honest. Nice bike.

Thanks.
  • giantAstax
    giantAstax Posts: 55
    nicklouse wrote:
    go on a course?

Wot he said :shock: