I miss them. I really, really do...

2»

Comments

• team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    mattshrops wrote:
    I dont think that is true at all. As humans we have a need for protein and certain vitamins which are very difficult to get from other sources apart from meat. Obviously in todays society we can do that very easily but as little as 60or 70 years ago that was not the case. and we certainly have not evolved our digestive system within that timescale.

difficult to get protein and vitamins, absolute nonsense :D tell that to the 159million vegetarian people in India!

60or 70 years ago where do you get your info from? :D

Our early ancestors lived on a semivegetarian diet for several million years. Some anthropologists have fostered the stereotype of "man the hunter," but studies of contemporary "hunter-gatherers" suggest that early humans lived primarily on a diet of plant foods, with supplementation from animal flesh. A view of early humans as gatherers rather than hunters is a more accurate portrayal.

Like most good ideas in the West, vegetarianism was developed by the ancient Greeks. Pythagoraswas the best-known practicing vegetarian, but the list of those who advocated a vegetarian diet includes Diogenes, Plato, Epicurus, and Plutarch. Plato, in The Republic, described a vegetarian diet as being best suited for his ideal society. Plant foods were preferred, according to Plato, because they promote health and because they require less land to produce than do animal foods. Other Greek thinkers felt that eating animal flesh was naturally repugnant and should be rejected on aesthetic grounds.

Don't worry vegetarianism is a choice,

relax, you are not being threatened,

it's your stomach, eat what you like,

but don't write about subjects you have no idea about :wink:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    adm1 wrote:
    I've started eating veggie sausages as they are lower in fat.. and still taste almost like the real deal (It does help that the normal sausages at work are rank so i'm not missing much)

No. Really - they don't.

+1
    Veggie Sausages? come on, either eat a vegatable or eat a sausage. the two are not comparable.

If you want low fat - eat a cucumber or a lettuce.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    t4tomo wrote:
    Veggie Sausages? come on, either eat a vegatable or eat a sausage. the two are not comparable.

If you want low fat - eat a cucumber or a lettuce.

If you can have women Bishops, why not veggie sausages? Just a thought...
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Certain vitamins was what i wrote- also handily available in sunshine , quite good if you live in India.
    I think you'll find the comment about protein is in reference to our recent past which is relevant when you start to think in terms of the timescale necessary for evolution of our digestive system. claims about almost vegetarian diets are frankly nonsense.(my friend is almost a non smoker=smoker)
    Also a fairly different climate (and culture) leads to greater availability of protein from other sources such as nuts etc.

60 or 70 years ago whilst i'll grant you are fairly random numbers. I'm refering to the changes within our society and the availibility of all sorts of products -whether of foreign origin or synthesised by modern processes, They were not available in our recent(in evolution terms) history.

Dont give a shit about whose great idea it was.

We as humans are biologically omnivores.

Vegetarianism is a choice.

I dont care what choice you have made(ooh i wonder) :wink:

Whereas i would not class myself as an expert on the subject i do not allow my reasoning to be clouded by my own choices on the matter, and as such will post what the f@ck i like about it :D:D
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • team47b
    you are right, you can post what the fuck you like :D

Edit, I notice that we can't actually post what we like as the forum is still changing the swear words on cake stop!
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    mattshrops wrote:
    Certain vitamins was what i wrote- also handily available in sunshine , quite good if you live in India.
    I think you'll find the comment about protein is in reference to our recent past which is relevant when you start to think in terms of the timescale necessary for evolution of our digestive system. claims about almost vegetarian diets are frankly nonsense.(my friend is almost a non smoker=smoker)
    Also a fairly different climate (and culture) leads to greater availability of protein from other sources such as nuts etc.

60 or 70 years ago whilst i'll grant you are fairly random numbers. I'm refering to the changes within our society and the availibility of all sorts of products -whether of foreign origin or synthesised by modern processes, They were not available in our recent(in evolution terms) history.

Dont give a shoot about whose great idea it was.

We as humans are biologically omnivores.

Vegetarianism is a choice.

I dont care what choice you have made(ooh i wonder) :wink:

Whereas i would not class myself as an expert on the subject i do not allow my reasoning to be clouded by my own choices on the matter, and as such will post what the f@ck i like about it :D:D
    Which vitamins?
  • team47b
    I assume that by connecting vitamins with sunshine he means vitamin D.

Lots and lots of vitamin D here, and we have egg yolks for the 5 days a year when it's cloudy : put smug icon here
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    team47b wrote:
    I assume that by connecting vitamins with sunshine he means vitamin D.

Lots and lots of vitamin D here, and we have egg yolks for the 5 days a year when it's cloudy : put smug icon here
    I assumed there was more than Vit D being mentioned :lol:
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    ok i may have overplayed the vitamins bit. But the point remains -these things easily available today, not so in our recent past. Which helps me to believe we are biologically omnivores. Not that it matters.ho hum.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    I miss these....................

bones.jpg