latest wiggins interview.

12346»

Comments

• disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Well...you can go and ask them yourseleves - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... cipal.html
    A nice idea, but Brailsford is missing the point there. Anonymous accusers don't want the truth, they want 'truth' of their own construction. And certainly don't want clean cycling. What they want is to be indigent, to take the moral high ground and to feel that special sense of superiority that comes from separating yourself from the mainstream by criticising what they enjoy. They want the idea of being important by having followers of blog and tweets. With clean cycling that goes away, because they have no actual connection to cycling. Without gossip, they become irrelevant.

Spot on.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    rdt wrote:
    Any video yet?

AFAIAA, only the cameraman incident so far [ http://www.cyclismas.com/2012/07/wiggin ... sults-fly/ ], not the %*@!#!$*g polemic.

According to Mr Rendell, ITV were trying to get it but the file is corrupted (?). They will play the audio tonight (beeped, obviously). I don't think anyone was filming it as it was nt supposed to be a conference for tv. I did nt know there was a difference tbh...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    rdt wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Rundfahrt wrote:
    I am starting to worry that all of that running around with a little curved stick in a kilt has affected your intelligence.
    A kilt? Why would I be wearing a kilt?

I still want to know why I'd be wearing a kilt, O Intelligent One.

A slip like that's a classic Turing Test failure. There's to be no Loebner Prize for the R-fahrt chatbot.

Another who jumps into a thread to post attempted insults instead of discussing the topic.

Of course your post could be about you and Richie since you guys can't figure it out.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Perhaps rich coming from me, but settle down lads and keep it to the cycling please. The arguing is getting tiresome.

Love and kisses,

Me x
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Perhaps rich coming from me, but settle down lads and keep it to the cycling please. The arguing is getting tiresome.

Love and kisses,

Me x

I was trying but it seems that certain people feel that, when they don't like your opinion, they can ignore the topic completely in order to try to insult you.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    PKRAZOR wrote:

He comes from up north .

Ummm no he doesn't.
    Perhaps he means north of the Thames.

Sarf London's a different town. :D
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    Well...you can go and ask them yourseleves - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... cipal.html
    A nice idea, but Brailsford is missing the point there. Anonymous accusers don't want the truth, they want 'truth' of their own construction. And certainly don't want clean cycling. What they want is to be indigent, to take the moral high ground and to feel that special sense of superiority that comes from separating yourself from the mainstream by criticising what they enjoy. They want the idea of being important by having followers of blog and tweets. With clean cycling that goes away, because they have no actual connection to cycling. Without gossip, they become irrelevant.

To balance this out, if Brailsford says things like this, he needs to be open to answering questions, and not flouncing off when someone asks something he doesn't like

Remember, Brailsford and his team puit themselves on the pedestal. Where there are inconsistencies, its not unreasonable to want him to defend his position
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Well, start looking for Hotels in Manchester around September time then Iain!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver