So who got wet?

2»

Comments

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    i'm doing the 50 too - done the 90 for the past couple of years - just fancied a change - that section they call the missing link with all the pig pooh should be fun in the wet. have a safe ride mudcoo. :D
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    you too buddy watch out for fat munters in birkenhead
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Yep, got soaked, rain started just before I set off and stopped shortly after I got back. Love it when that happens!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    iPete wrote:
    Swam the last few miles, forecast was dry so no wet gear! but its warm so meh, kind of like it!

aye missed it yesterday but got drenched this morning as you say though its not cold so really not that bad, apart from descending at 40mph with no glasses or little cap (left at work) that wasnt cool.

How do people ride without cap+glasses ...?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Just got back from a tent camping trip in the new forest, rained on the way, rained while I set up, and then rained with biblical implications for 24 hours afterwards! Thank god the tent held up! Cleared up yesterday evening and actually had a pleasant morning this morning. Maybe there will be a nice weekend sometime this year where i can enjoy the sunshine!
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    Did a 35mile club ride this morning... was going to be longer but it was pretty grim and was getting wetter and wetter so people were peeling off early for home. Stuck it out for a couple of hours but got to the point I couldn't see where I was going and it wasn't much fun. Got home and 10min later someone turned the tap off and the sun comes out!
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • mudcow007
    i'm doing the 50 too - done the 90 for the past couple of years - just fancied a change - that section they call the missing link with all the pig pooh should be fun in the wet. have a safe ride mudcoo. :D

how did you get on cleat?

i thought it was a giggle an it didn't rain either, we had a few scoops in Dr Duncan's when we finished which was nice

got back to Liverpool around 13:00ish
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Aye had a great ride -3 hours- great weather too- . went to dr dunks as well about 1ish. haha we may have been ships that passed. You might have been one of the two fellas who followed us in through the front door or as we were leaving there were 2 or 3 I think in the 'beer' garden next to our chained up bikes. great day anyway. Did you see the guy on the MTB with mahoosive tyres.!!!
  • davet2
    davet2 Posts: 44
    A pleasant cycle into work in Exeter, torrential rain on the way home, just for it to stop as I reached the garage door! oh well
  • mudcow007
    Aye had a great ride -3 hours- great weather too- . went to dr dunks as well about 1ish. haha we may have been ships that passed. You might have been one of the two fellas who followed us in through the front door or as we were leaving there were 2 or 3 I think in the 'beer' garden next to our chained up bikes. great day anyway. Did you see the guy on the MTB with mahoosive tyres.!!!

we were in the garden!! i was thinking of asking randomers "are you cleat?" but i thought it might make me look like a weirdo....

where was it? i seen loads of people carrying massive tyres like!

least the rain kept off
  • Cleat Eastwood
    H overtook us on the way back. We would have been quicker but there was a massive hold up at that footpath by the train line - haha someone had apparently locked the gate so the bikelists couldnt get through.

So we did pass then mudcoo, it was you in the garden with your mates - one of them asked one of my mates if it was their first time.

Now I've still to work out what to do with that furry thing we got in the totally rubbish goody bag. :D
  • mudcow007
    that furry thing was awesome its a jumped up pipe cleaner that supposedly will revamp bike maintenance, i think i will save mine until valentines day an give it my mrs as a present

i got there a bit later on, but those chumps in the beer garden were my gang. they rode to Chester, then got the train back to Birkenhead then rode through the tunnel the pesky varmits
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I got drenched last night, the rain did stop though about 500 meters from home, which was good of it.

Looks like another damp commute home tonight again, its starting to grate somewhat.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills