Tour de Francis

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    'Cadence Up' <shallow breath> 'Cadence Up' <shallow breath> 'Cadence Up' <shallow breath>
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Boardman:

“You just need to do what Jens does and if you’re happy just go out there and smash it. If you’re not happy you just need to go out there and smash it. If you’re having a really bad day then the best thing to do is go out there and smash it”

Just like Francis
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Have I been hearing him correctly?

"Ah, cramped hamstring!"

Cramped muscles, pulled hamstring, torn ligaments. But cramped hamstring :?:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Aah, that clears it up! I thought he was saying he'd crapped on a hamster...
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    keef66 wrote:
    Aah, that clears it up! I thought he was saying he'd crapped on a hamster...

or anally ingested one. :roll:
  • RideOnTime
    Actually I think that was the Pet Shop Boys.

Why are there so many ads for negligence solitiors when you're watching the tour???
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Actually I think that was the Pet Shop Boys.

Why are there so many ads for negligence solitiors when you're watching the tour???

Because we are shiftless feckers ? :D
  • bonkstrong
    bonkstrong Posts: 120
    ShutUpLegs wrote:
    'Cadence Up' <shallow breath> 'Cadence Up' <shallow breath> 'Cadence Up' <shallow breath>

This is THE one single most annoying thing on television!!!!!!

After the cadence up bit he says something else, but what is it? It sounds like "down cadence" but I'm usually screaming at the TV by that point and always miss what he says
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    BONKSTRONG wrote:
    ShutUpLegs wrote:

This is THE one single most annoying thing on television!!!!!!

After the cadence up bit he says something else, but what is it? It sounds like "down cadence" but I'm usually screaming at the TV by that point and always miss what he says

I'm pretty sure at the end of that he says "down a gear" and you see him shift to a lower gear.

It's even worse when the team car are holding a mobile out the window and he's talking to the wife halfway up a climb. Tosser!
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    I think a couple of them make me chuckle...who could not resist shouting "Allez, allez, allez" going through one of those alpine tunnels and the fatalistic tone of the "down a gear" after chanting "cadence, cadence, cadence" just resonates with my experiences on some climbs. Yes, they can be annoying but all adverts shown repeatedly get annoying.

Let's face it, at least the ToF's are not as dour as CB's monotones last year. To quote Ned B, "the reason why there was a second place on the podium Chris was so that you could stand on it and look up to Indurain" :)
  • nunowoolmez
    nunowoolmez Posts: 867
    He is what the mute button was made for. The ad I actually like is the vision express one with the monkeys who keep nicking the keepers' specs. Nothing to do with cycling of course!
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    Yeah, the way monkeyman slips is funny and very natural! He's a far better actor than Frances...

"There's scenery around every corner"...

Yeah... Corners are like that Francis!!! That's what they do - point you in a different direction.

Should have had the monkey bloke touring instead.
    tick - tick - tick
  • nunowoolmez
    Or just a monkey...would have been far more amusing & with more character. probably would have done a better job too!
  • xtc_special
    xtc_special Posts: 130
    The wife phoning him half way up a mountain! typical!"where are you?when will you be home?what do you want for tea?the kids are doing my head in!" or is that just my mrs.
    2014 Ribble Gran Fondo
    2009 Rockhopper Comp
  • RideOnTime
    The wife phoning him half way up a mountain! typical!"where are you?when will you be home?what do you want for tea?the kids are doing my head in!" or is that just my mrs.

What are you doing in France? Come home your tea's ready...
  • snoopsmydogg
    snoopsmydogg Posts: 1,110

can relate to that :)

still hate the adverts though.
  • dw300
    dw300 Posts: 1,642
    I think the shot of him chatting on the phone to his missus from inside the car is green-screened, looks that way in hi-def anyway. I know cos of some of the pixels, and I've seen a few green-screen effects in my time ..
    All the above is just advice .. you can do whatever the f*ck you wana do!
    Bike Radar Strava Club
    The Northern Ireland Thread
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    the whole thing was green-screened. It was actually filmed in Harlow.
  • willhub
    willhub Posts: 821
    Why is everyone saying Allez?
  • nunowoolmez
    Rejoice, he is gone.
  • Flamez
    Flamez Posts: 105
    Quite a decent interview... Seems like a nice guy....

http://www.bikeradar.com/routes/article ... ist-34411/
    Condor World Series 2012
    Boardman Team 2011
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    ALLEZ LES BLERTS
  • VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    The only thing that gets on my nads is the frequency of them, but I'll gladly take this advert over the oft shown PG Tips one from the 70's, 80's + "avez vous une cuppa...."

Have to say, just seems like a normal bloke who got lucky, I would have done it in a heartbeat, and to be honest would have probably come out with just as much, or even more nonsense.

Good luck to the fella.
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug
  • RideOnTime
    the whole thing was green-screened. It was actually filmed in Harlow.

Harlow :D :roll: :D
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,965
    Compared to the dual fcukwits who are 118118, this advert is a relief.

I could have done with fewer advert breaks though.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    willhub wrote:
    Why is everyone saying Allez?

'Cos it's actually a secret Specialized advert and shouting Shiv could have been misheard.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    My wife phoned me once mid ride to tell me I'd better come home cos my car had rolled backwards down the hill and demolished the neighbour's wall!
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    keef66 wrote:
    My wife phoned me once mid ride to tell me I'd better come home cos my car had rolled backwards down the hill and demolished the neighbour's wall!

I hope you didn't cut your ride short just for that?!
  • Flexisurfer
    Flexisurfer Posts: 249
    keef66 wrote:

Why oh why did you answer the phone in the first place?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Apparently he is deeply popular and has his own fan club. This was from an article in Metro. Poor chap - I daresay he was just doing what they told him to do........ I just found him very, very annoying.

There are at least two things wrong with the above :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......