Voodoo Hoodoo or Whistle Miwok

2»

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    RockmonkeySC wrote:
    Aren't Voodoo, Carrera, Boardman, Rockrider & Specialized frames (and probably some others) all made by Merida?
    Never heard of Voodoo, Carrera or Boardman frames failing.
    I have rode a Crush & Carrera Fury back to back & prefered the Fury!
    Cannondale & Orange on the other hand seem to be a little less solid! Seen a few snapped RZ/Rize frame! Also seen a cracked Crush.

Of course you preferred the fury numb-nuts.... Arguments sake and all that.... Or make believe..:s

Not at all. Fury has a more compliant frame with better geometry, the Crush is just plain harsh and feels like the BB is too high.
    Strange how the"halfords" crew are bitter..... Both orange and c.dale are proven.... And I totally can understand that you haven't the finances to buy one.... So go for paper boy bikes.... Nothing wrong with that.... If your a teenager working at Maccy D's that is...... I'll be sure to post pics of my newest project soon... Coincidently, isn't a "chav" bike.... But another premium brand.... It's only money.... Can't take it with you!

I just spent more on one bike (Nukeproof Scalp Pro) than both of yours combined yet I have nothing against cheap bikes or the people who ride them. If you want to spend less than a grand on a bike then the only sensible choices are Carrera, Boardman, Voodoo or Rockrider. Try comparing the Voodoo Hoodoo with the cheapest Orange or Cannondales and the Voodoo is massively better. Not everyone can or wants to spend a lot on their bikes and apart from the "variable" service Halfords & Decathlon do a great job of providing good bikes at reasonable prices.
  • Adotparker
    Adotparker Posts: 128
    I like Nukeproof actually CRC do some very good discounted Nukeproof frames.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=75656

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=75655

Not worth as much as both my bikes, unless your dis-counting upgrades, such as Hope Brakes, Hope Hoops, reverb, Fox Fits ... etc. i'd have a Nukeproof if i fancied a DH....... or build up a La Pierre Froggy frame
    Orange 5 Pro 650b 2014
    Orange Crush 650b 2014
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    Back to the OP, did you make a decision in the end? Voodoo?
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    Adotparker wrote:
    Strange how the"halfords" crew are bitter.....
    the bitterness seems to come from people who have paid over the odds for "brand" bikes and then realise they could have gotten something just as good from halfords for less....as for myself, the only thing i've ever bought from halfords was a crudcatcher race pack :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • stu100
    stu100 Posts: 40
    Erm after all that the voodoo!
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    stu100 wrote:
    the voodoo is an excellent bike and well worth the money, you cant get a better recommendation than this http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/categ ... o-12-46194 :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    stu100 wrote:

Top choice, you won't be disappointed!
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco