Ashima rotor bolts

13»

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    140mm travel tyres? Bloody hell, they must be heavy!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Was looking at trek remedy,s there weighing in at 25lbs 15 oz

I've changed every thing on mine apart from The rp23
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    27lbs without tyres?
    I thought it would have been lighter

Pending wot tyres are used these are 140mm travel
    You mean Depending? I see. "Pending tyres" means, "yet to have tyres put on"
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Was looking at trek remedy,s there weighing in at 25lbs 15 oz

I've changed every thing on mine apart from The rp23
    I've decided you're a bit of a simpleton so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just humour you from now on.
  • Anonymous
    27lbs without tyres?
    I thought it would have been lighter

Pending wot tyres are used these are 140mm travel
    You mean Depending? I see. "Pending tyres" means, "yet to have tyres put on"

Yeah iPad typing lol
  • Anonymous
    edited July 2012
    [quote="bennett_346"
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Can you learn to use quotes properly, that's a mess!

You've really changed EVERYTHING? I really really doubt it.......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Anonymous
    You've really changed EVERYTHING? I really really doubt it.......[/quote]

Only thing that remains is the rear shock
  • The Rookie
    So you've changed the frame? Wheels, discs, brakes, headset, BB, cranks, top cap, forks, pedals, brake adaptors and bolts, gear cables, shifters, mechs, and cable guides, headset spacers, stem, bars, mech hanger and bolt, pivot bearings and bushes and bolts, seatpost and clamp, QR's? (I've ignored the obvious by the way).

By the way, when you do quote, don't delete any of the words quote or their brackets or the / in the brackets then it works!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Anonymous
    Beginner,

Custom build everything been upgraded from stock apart from the frame and rear shock,
    I've kept most of the stock parts apart from the fox forks
    Check my build
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12856018
  • njee20
    So you've changed the frame? Wheels, discs, brakes, headset, BB, cranks, top cap, forks, pedals, brake adaptors and bolts, gear cables, shifters, mechs, and cable guides, headset spacers, stem, bars, mech hanger and bolt, pivot bearings and bushes and bolts, seatpost and clamp, QR's? (I've ignored the obvious by the way).

No need to be quite so pedantic, cable guides, mech hanger, pivot bearings are part of the frame! I think it was a perfectly reasonable statement meaning except the frame and shock!
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Raceface gt, i'd really like to know what was in the message you sent me and deleted before it arrived. I await your kind response.
  • The Rookie
    njee20 wrote:

No need to be quite so pedantic, cable guides, mech hanger, pivot bearings are part of the frame! I think it was a perfectly reasonable statement meaning except the frame and shock!
    Maybe - but 'upgraded' mech hangers and cable guides are available, and I swopped the hanger bolt from steel to ally to save weight (and it kept going rusty!), but originally he had changed the frame (everything except the RP23), that's now changed, spent a lot (not changed quite everything, but I'll grant most stuff) and doesn't seemed to have saved much weight.

I think the atrocious English and inability to use quotes is putting a lot of people offside.
  • njee20
    Well upgraded everything to me excludes the frame. The frame is the bike, changing that makes it a different bike. Technically by that logic I'm riding a 2006 S-Works hardtail or a 2005 Titus Racer-X, but I've upgraded the frame 6 times so it's now a Top Fuel, there's been some common parts each time. I'd not say I ride an S-Works hardtail or a Racer-X though!

You can't do the hanger bolt on these, it's held in by the ABP nut. Upgraded cable guides? They're welded to the frame, how does that work?
  • Anonymous
    This has went right off the original topic now.

Beginner as for quotes I've changed the viewing preferences on the iPad should work now.

As for upgraded parts The stock trek came with bonty finishing kit
    I've changed every component on the frame apart from the rp23
    So u could say its a custom frame build.

Ive. Owned a lot of bikes in my time so not a newb to the MTB scene,
    Zaskar team carbon
    Dale f700
    Dale rush team rep
    Rocky mountain element 50
    Giant trance
    Orange Evo
    Giant xtc
    Charge duster
    Mongoose teocalli comp
    Gt zaskar alu polished frame

Njee20
    I knew u had a trek a few yrs back remember commenting on it top fuel or 9.9
  • njee20
    Yep, had a 2010 9.9, still got a 2011 one. Love it! And here it is (with Ashima alloy rotor bolts to get it back OT!):

5797450312_e8db65f5a6_z.jpg
  • Anonymous
    That's a very nice trek there buddy
    I guess under the 24lbs mark :wink:
  • njee20
    Comfortably ;-)

5797448280_00065dfd90_z.jpg
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I reckon your scales are broken :wink::lol:
  • njee20
    Very possible! A friend has the exact same frame, SID World Cups, XTR, FSA carbon chainset, Bonty wheels etc and his is 24.5lbs, so mine's at least 4.5lbs lighter than his, whatever the actual figure :-)

Think mine was 22.4 out of the box, no pedals, so managed to drop quite a chunk.
  • Anonymous
    Now that's light
    Gonna have to get mine on digital scales
  • njee20
    The 1200g wheels and the 1x10 go a long way to help.