Going to downgrade from my Boardman - but to what?

2»

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    So it wasn't in fact the best bike you've ever owned.

I guess it kind of was. Every other bike I have had has needed plenty of maintenance and upgrading to make it as good as it could be for what I wanted to use it for.
    The Apollo just worked reliably for four years even hough I made no attempt to maintain it and kept it outside. I eventually sold it on ebay for £5.50 when the rear hub disintigrated after about 8000 miles. Quite impressive for a dirt cheap bike really.
  • snowjho
    snowjho Posts: 108
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-BOARDMAN-HT-PRO-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-999-WITH-HALFORDS-WARRANTY-JUST-34-MILES-/170870650091?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item27c8af34eb

Do you know you've linked to the Carbon frame in your advert (assuming there aren't 2 rich's selling boardman frames with very little use). its not just a 2012 tweak its a different frame.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Doesn't have a warranty either - not transferable.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Lol - eBay listing for a 2012 Boardman Pro with a link to the Carbon version and the spec for the 2011 version in the ad...

Confused much? If I was looking through eBay for a bike I would have no idea what bike you are trying to sell..
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    TwellySmat wrote:
    Lol - eBay listing for a 2012 Boardman Pro with a link to the Carbon version and the spec for the 2011 version in the ad...

Confused much? If I was looking through eBay for a bike I would have no idea what bike you are trying to sell..
    maybe he did the listing after he had been to the pub on it, a few too many maybe :lol:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    It contains listing violations as well (offering to sell before auction ends).
  • To the OP, i think unloess you buy something thats scuffed n rusty in places you're always going to run the risk of theft. Just make sure its covered on your house insurance (incl when away from home) , fit a bike lock and enjoy what you have. A cheaper (but new) bike will still attract unwanted attention, even a cheap Apollo from Halfords will appeal to someone who just wants something to ride home from the pub !
  • sonypc100
    sonypc100 Posts: 67
    edited July 2012
    Ok - wrong link, corrected now, yes too many sunday beverages!
  • sonypc100
    Oh and nice of whichever bikeradar community member to report my listing to ebay just now!
  • alfablue
    eBay rules are there to protect eBay customers, they should be observed.
  • sonypc100
    edited July 2012
    alfablue wrote:

Yeah, thought it was you - putting a Halfords link on my listing to the bike was hardly a crime.
  • Twelly
    sonypc100 wrote:
    alfablue wrote:

Yeah, thought it was you.

FIGHT!!
  • sonypc100
    TwellySmat wrote:
    sonypc100 wrote:
    alfablue wrote:

Yeah, thought it was you.

FIGHT!!

Nah, well not over the internet, I dont fight people who go squeal like little pigs to ebay over an innocent error, he'd go down with a single punch.
  • Twelly
    Your move alfablue...
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    TwellySmat wrote:

FIGHT!!

:lol:
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Right, popcorn time.
    Hell, I've got nothing better to do whilst waiting for a DNS record to propogate...
  • alfablue
    well I don't fight with cheats :twisted:
  • You could just remove all the decals to make it less obvious - the black colour scheme is reasonably subdued compared to some.
  • Twelly
    I have a mountain of work to do thanks to me taking a single day off last week but I would much rather watch an epic battle between eBay-rule-enforcer keyboard warrior and doesn't-know-which-bike-he-has keyboard warrior :)
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    :lol::lol:

on a more serious note :wink: you could cover the bike in black PVC tape and old inner tubes - then it would look crap and be closer to the weight of an Apollo - win win
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • alfablue
    I have a mountain of work to do also, but the eBay warrior in me cannot be assuaged by such mundane details
  • sonypc100
    TwellySmat wrote:
    I have a mountain of work to do thanks to me taking a single day off last week but I would much rather watch an epic battle between eBay-rule-enforcer keyboard warrior and doesn't-know-which-bike-he-has keyboard warrior :)

I'd just carry on with your ironing.
  • Twelly
    sonypc100 wrote:
    TwellySmat wrote:

I'd just carry on with your ironing.

Oh come now, don't be like that. I'm only having fun. Go and make another pointless extravagant purchase to calm yourself down.