Tour de Francis - get that idiot off the tele!

124»

Comments

• rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Just watch the highlights on Sky+ and fast forward through the ads. I havent seen a single one of them since the Tour started!
  • Vino2007
    Vino2007 Posts: 340
    Never though it but I've now switched to eurosport and won't be going back. It's sad because Imlach, Boulting and Boardman are brilliant. This drivvle, the old farts and big ears ruin it.
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    Jeez ... so much vitriol vented on a fellow cyclist who impinges on your lives for 20 seconds...

:roll:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • Watch it on x30 and you see him really smashing it.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    He looks like a butcher's boy cycling with a basket of sausages.[/quote]

Ahem...that's how Fausto started.
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    rdt wrote:
    I haven't seen the one where he cries yet? Is it as cringy as I'm imagining it to be?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmN4OF_6qMU

A quick scan of the mountain bits suggests borderline croaking @4:50-5:05 and more-so at 10:35-10:55.

Hopefully Halfords' stores will offer an equivalent one of these as a memento of the occasion (3 Meg file):
    http://pigeonsnest.co.uk/stuff/photos/m ... a-doll.jpg

(EDIT to change img to url)

A few cheesy moments, but, after watching the video, I think it's it's pretty cool.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    don't know if this has been posted already, cant be arsed to check, the missus has just shown me this.....

www.tourdedickhead.blogspot.co.uk
  • Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    big p wrote:
    don't know if this has been posted already, cant be arsed to check, the missus has just shown me this.....

http://www.tourdedickhead.blogspot.co.uk

Just ten or eleven posts above your...on the same page.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    like i said "cant be arsed to check".
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I have nothing to add except my opinion that Wiggle Bloke is far more deserving of a slap than Francis.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    It'd be 20 times more objectionable had it been me rather than him, so for that reason, it's probably OK.
  • ginsterdrz
    ginsterdrz Posts: 128
    "Even when I found out I was doing this, I didn't know what to expect".

"Sat in a car for 8 or 9 hours a day, with 20 minutes of photos in the rain at the top of a mountain-smashed it".
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I'm just trying to get in as many calories as possible... from this bowl of fruit.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    RichN95 wrote:
    I have nothing to add except my opinion that Wiggle Bloke is far more deserving of a slap than Francis.

Now that you mention it, his smug little smile and plodding cadence do make me want to punch him, yes.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • My kids think he is saying "Heinz Beanz, Heinz Beanz" during the "cadence" bit - much to our amusement.....
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Stephen Merchant's bloody Barclays ads are ten times worse than this goon on his bike. I can't bear that smug voice of his!
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    That ice bath is daft too. Bottle o Ricard in the local square is a far better remedy.
  • mroli wrote:
    PKRAZOR wrote:
    Whoever he is hes a f*ckin idiot. What annoys me is when he goes through that tunnel shouting "olly...olly..olly", what a c*ck. Thats something my 3 yr old would do going through the Dartford Tunnel.

The French camera crew must have been scratching their heads going " zut aloor...ans ze British hope tu winz le Tour wiz tossiers like zis??.!"
    I think you'll probably find that he was shouting "Allez, Allez, Allez" as he went through the tunnel.

In which case the French camera crew would have been scratching their heads going "shocking standard of language they teach in British schools".....

I think people are being a bit harsh - I'm sure he's a very nice bloke and just suffered at the hands of the edit...

yeh but why, is it the only french he knows ? and wasnt he shoutingi it at the top a mountain as well -stopped.

glad i found this thread, 2 advert breaks on the first saturday and i'd had enough
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Boardman:

“You just need to do what Jens does and if you’re happy just go out there and smash it. If you’re not happy you just need to go out there and smash it. If you’re having a really bad day then the best thing to do is go out there and smash it”

Just like Francis
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    big p wrote:

http://www.tourdedickhead.blogspot.co.uk
    Blog has been removed

Sorry, the blog at tourdedickhead.blogspot.com has been removed. This address is not available for new blogs.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    why is this shit thread still in pro race - it should be in cake stop where a thread like this already exists.

rules 4&5

4) The main forum sections are not an "online chat room" for inane banter or stupid postings. Please use the specific off topic areas

5) No cross posting. Post your message to the appropriate forum and nowhere else or it will be locked or deleted without warning
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • ginsterdrz
    ginsterdrz Posts: 128
    Since I started the thread, I feel I'm qualified to end it.

So glad I won't have to see the prat anymore and PLEASE Halfords.......bring back Chris.

Well done Team SKY and Wiggo. Awesome performance.

Just off for an ice bath and a cry!
  • I rode the Compact 50 Sportive with a mate who's just getting into cycling at the weekend, and lo and behold who else did I see there...that's right, Mr. Tour de Francis. How did I know this?...well he was wearing his tour de francis jersey no less, to the amusement of all the other riders!
    Needless to say, he smashed it!
    2011 Trek Madone 3.1c
    2012 Ribble 7005 Winter Trainer

Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I rode the Compact 50 Sportive with a mate who's just getting into cycling at the weekend, and lo and behold who else did I see there...that's right, Mr. Tour de Francis. How did I know this?...well he was wearing his tour de francis jersey no less, to the amusement of all the other riders!
    Needless to say, he smashed it!

Bronze time?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Haven't seen the times yet. He started in the group ahead of me and I passed him on Coombe Lane descent not to be seen again. Maybe the weather was a bit much for him and he had a little cry on the side of the road...
    2011 Trek Madone 3.1c
    2012 Ribble 7005 Winter Trainer

Dolor transit, gloria aeterna est.