Tour de Francis - get that idiot off the tele!

ginsterdrz
ginsterdrz Posts: 128
edited August 2012 in Pro race
Is he winding everyone else up too?

Is he a parody or just a kn*b?

Calling French TV car.....

Comments

• takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    I'm watching Eurosport, they've got Stephen Roche on, very interesting it is too.

Also, I want to go to Lebanon on Turkish Airlines
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Harmon pisses me off these days, I prefer to watch Phil and Paul cliché bingo.
    Unfortunately the adverts on ITV are far worse...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • john_kline
    john_kline Posts: 2,151
    Ginsterdrz wrote:
    Is he winding everyone else up too?

Is he a parody or just a kn*b?

Calling French TV car.....

+1 I never thought i'd miss those Boardman pearls of wisdom from last year. This guy though is already getting on my tits and it's only day 2. If he was riding with me I'd stick my pump through his front wheel :twisted:
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    I assumed he he was riding the tour route, but no he did 4 days, mostly on the flat.

3 weeks of him is going to drive me nuts.

"yea smashed it /changes gear"
  • nferrar
    nferrar Posts: 2,511
    I wish Sean Kelly would stop saying bonification as well...
  • fluff. wrote:
    I assumed he he was riding the tour route, but no he did 4 days, mostly on the flat.

3 weeks of him is going to drive me nuts.

"yea smashed it /changes gear"

Well that's rubbish.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • wasn't sure what you were on about so I googled it and found this...

http://www.bikeradar.com/routes/article ... ist-34411/

I assume this replaces the "Boardman Bikes" ads? Not watched ITV properly yet as watched Eurosport for live coverage at the weekend and fast forwarded through the Sky+'d ITV highlights.

I take it these ads are pretty hard to watch
  • velogee
    velogee Posts: 133
    I like the girls on the Lebanon tourist board advert. Its not very subtle....
    Madone 4.9 2014
    Jeffsy 27.5 2018
  • Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    I was just going to start a thread to this effect, 2 days and i hate him already :(
  • The first time I saw it I explained to a non-cranker that it may be a charity event for Francis House the children's charity - then the second time I realised it wasn't. The third time - what is it. Fourth time - go away!!
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Also, they've nicked the name of Stewart Francis' comedy tour.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Mental note to self. If Halfords come calling offering me a load of riding in France, must say no in case I come across badly on tv. Actually, I think I'd take the risk. "Smashes it" *change down to the 34/28*
  • paul_bhoy
    paul_bhoy Posts: 70
    Bring back David Duffield, never thought I would say that

Funny thing the other day was when Karpets had a fall, the wife piped up with a Duffers classic "Its curtains for Karpets" :D
    The beer always wins
  • alwaystoohot
    alwaystoohot Posts: 252
    Who are you talking about? I have to listen to some castrated australian guy on ESPN who's as interesting as a spot on the end of your nose.
    'I started with nothing and still have most of it left.'
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    This bloke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmN4OF_6qMU
    There are 10 second inserts before and after every ad break on ITV4, where we have to relive his 'epic' journey of 3 stages and the prologue. I've got in the habit of diving for the remote as soon as I know one is coming up.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited July 2012
    The weepy one at the top of some climb is the most annoying for me – get a grip! Australians may be watching.
    The first time I saw it I explained to a non-cranker that it may be a charity event for Francis House the children's charity - then the second time I realised it wasn't. The third time - what is it. Fourth time - go away!!
    This is on ITV, so whatever the thing is about they are trying to sell you something.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    The good thing about ITV is that you hear the music before they go to the ad break, so if your smart and watching it slightly delayed and have the remote in your hand ready you can instantly hit the FF button and avoid all the ads.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    One thing they got spot with ad is he is the typical annoying w*nker you find on a sportive.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    on the BR main page there is a review of what it was like

he does the circuit of the prologue about 4 times
    he doesn't even get to the top of the madeleine

halfrauds promo BS
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    "hhhmmmmm! nice bit of frogs' legs"

c0ck
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    I'm not sure what the funniest part of it all is,......the fact that he basically rode up two mountains, the prologue and had a bit of a mince around the Champs, the fact that he did it on a Carrera or the fact that he says that he 'bounces around' the forums.....I bet he has a bike radar login and has probably read this thread too :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,102
    Did you hear Harmon? Either it was tongue in cheek or just plain rude:

"...and sitting next to me know is an even more successful cyclist than Sean Kelly..."

"... I have sent him off to get the coffees..."
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Tom BB wrote:
    and had a bit of a mince around the Champs, the fact that he did it on a Carrera :D

Oi - Battaglin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinarello001/7500676004/
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    I've jus read the interview with him. The guy sounds like a weapons grade twunt.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Did you hear Harmon? Either it was tongue in cheek or just plain rude:

"...and sitting next to me know is an even more successful cyclist than Sean Kelly..."

Did you post that in the wrong topic? :confused: Why would Harmon be talking about the advert on ITV?
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    "the total mileage was in excess of 500km" :!:
  • juankerr
    juankerr Posts: 1,099
    ..."smashin' it up and dahn..." Just horrible. Do Halfords really think this is going to flog any Carreras to your average ITV4 TDF viewer?

http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/thework/1 ... ILC-SEARCH
  • pinno
    Did you hear Harmon? Either it was tongue in cheek or just plain rude:

Did you post that in the wrong topic? :confused: Why would Harmon be talking about the advert on ITV?

Bit of a mix up. On Sunday afternoon, Harmon introduced S Roche with the comments I (roughly) quoted before Roche talked about the restored Battaglin and his book.
  • Its marginally better than last few years of Boardmans rubbish quotes such as "when the team had to lift me off my bike at the end of a stage" but only just. I especially like "smashing it next to a river, yeah great" or whatever, like we don't have roads next to rivers in the UK!
    Bring back the original C4 Tour theme tune !

The wife's breastfeeding tops website
  • vs
    vs Posts: 468
    "bouncing around the forums"
    http://forum.bcttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7340

"...we ended up in convoy with the Sky pro team on the motorway which was such a boost as they gave as much respect as they received. It was clear to them we were not a major player in the Tour De France but this didn’t stop excitement from both team vans and a real sense of camaraderie (not even ½ of what the pro teams must feel)."