bikeinn.com

2»

Comments

• I bought a heavily discounted yet very expensive saddle from BikeInn. They sent the wrong colour. It took 16 emails back and forth get it sorted. They took down the page I had bought from and tried to tell me I had ordered the one they sent. Thankfully, I had screenshot the page when I received the wrong saddle. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence they still tried to argue through several emails they had sent me the correct saddle. It was completely maddening. Eventually, they saw sense, I returned the saddle and they refunded me.

Never again!
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I have placed a couple of orders with them and never had an issue.
    If worried though, is the item in stock at Wiggle? if so get them to price match.
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    I have placed a couple of orders with them and never had an issue.
    If worried though, is the item in stock at Wiggle? if so get them to price match.

Just buy it from Wiggle if it's the same price.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Elfed wrote:

Definitely, but if Wiggle is more expensive they price match with Bikeinn, that was my point.
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    Elfed wrote:

Definitely, but if Wiggle is more expensive they price match with Bikeinn, that was my point.

Ah, got it, didn't realise they'd price match with Bike Inn.
  • Bought a pair of fizik womens RB5 from these guys as a second pair of cycling shoes for my daughter. She already owns a pair and loves them. The ones Bikeinn sent should have been hand made in Italy but had a big "made in china" sticker on the tongue. Having had my suspicion aroused, we held them side by side with the pair bought in the UK from a reputable seller and began noticing lots of faults. The colours was subtly off, there were too many air holes punched in the material and small details such as the size information and pattern on the insole were different. These guys may be unwittingly selling fakes but it has been referred to Paypal in any case.
  • BASSGUY
    BASSGUY Posts: 1
    HAD to post this experience. BikeInn.com has a problematic e-commerce policy - and maybe it's in place with the other subsidiaries, too (DiveInn, SwimInn, TrekkInn, WaveInn, and several more). If you purchase something from them via their website, rather than getting a confirmation email about your purchase, you get an email from them that thanks you for your purchase but states it's actually on hold pending receipt of more information. Huh? What's worse, the info they want is either unwise or impossible to provide! Here's the basic contents of their email (it's more elaborate than this simple text copy & paste.)

=====================================================================================================
    Hello Andrew,

We have successfully received your recent purchase, thank you!

In our bid to reduce fraud on the internet, we have issued new measures of security. This procedure is part of our aim to fight against Internet Transaction Fraud, and, with this, protect all of our clients.

If you have already sent your information asked, please disregard this email.

To proceed with your order and to deliver it in the estimated time, we will need some extra details from you. We kindly ask you to:

- send us a copy of your identification document (ID card or Passport). This document should show clearly the name and surname of the card holder. This document is not stored and will be deleted after this process.

or

- send us the authorization code assigned to this transaction by your credit card company. The authorization code can sometimes be called a ser! ial number. This is generally a five or six digit code and may be a combination of letters and numbers. You can only obtain this code by calling your bank. This number is confidential and only the credit card holder can contact their bank to obtain this information.

To improve processing time, you may email us the authorization code or the copy of your identification document by logging into MY ACCOUNT and filling in the form on our contact page and choosing the topic "8. Copy of my ID (passport or ID card)".

Please keep in mind that you have 3 days to send us your identification document or the authorization code. After this period, without receiving this information, your order will be cancelled.

We do not accept mobile phone bills or driving license.

Thank you for understanding, we hope that we can send your order as soon! as possible, and meet the expectations you have of us.
    !
    Best regards.

Maria
    Customer Service

If you would like to check the status of your order please visit "MY ACCOUNT".

IMPORTANT: If you choose Bank Transfer as a payment method, your ordered items will be reserved or backordered once your payment is accepted on our account.

This is an automatically generated message – please do not reply to it. If you go to the HELP SECTION, you will find the answers to the most common questions or you can contact us on the following link: CONTACT
    ====================================================================================================

There's NO WAY I'm sending a copy of my passport - or any ID for that matter - to a foreign e-commerce website. Especially over the net. And there's NO WAY Amex or VISA or (likely) any major (American) credit card is going to give consumers the authorization nos for their transactions. I know this because I called Amex and Visa and asked for the info. They were floored that a merchant would try to use the authorization code as a form of ID verification. And without first checking with Amex, VISA & MC to see if it would work!

I called Trade Inn customer service and asked for an exception. I offered to provide the 3-digit security code from the back of the card as proof that I was indeed the card holder. No dice. They were polite but not interested in hearing about how their "Internet Transaction Fraud" was forcing legit customers to go elsewhere. I'm letting my order expire in 3 days and will make my purchases elsewhere.
  • BASSGUY wrote:
    HAD to post this experience.

No you didn't. Welcome to the forum. BikeInn are a reputable company.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • BasteR
    BasteR Posts: 1
    I'am very dissapointed in BikeInn and I am from the Netherlands. The returning policy is not good. On purpose slow, on purpose asking more extra questions more photo's etc, no answers on my questions. I think I was in my right not to pay returning costs. I have send like 9 photo's of the goods. But after delays and no answers from BikeInn I simply canceled the returning back and said it was my mistake ordering the wrong size... You have to return the goods to Spain and this costs a lot. Unfortunally I'am not the only one with this problem as I scan other forums.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,606
    BasteR wrote:
    I'am very dissapointed in BikeInn and I am from the Netherlands. The returning policy is not good. On purpose slow, on purpose asking more extra questions more photo's etc, no answers on my questions. I think I was in my right not to pay returning costs. I have send like 9 photo's of the goods. But after delays and no answers from BikeInn I simply canceled the returning back and said it was my mistake ordering the wrong size... You have to return the goods to Spain and this costs a lot. Unfortunally I'am not the only one with this problem as I scan other forums.

You can't be aghast that you had to pay to return goods, I knew that was the situation when I ordered my bibshorts above, and it was a 'risk' I was prepared to take - if you don't want return costs, you need to check up on that first, and decide whether it is a cost worth paying if things do not work out.
    Bike-Discount for example, do, or at least did offer free returns on items over a certain value.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    BasteR wrote:

This is your fault for being greedy and ordering something from abroad just to save a few pounds.
    Especially something size related.

When will people learn, You get what you pay for.

Did you really, honestly, expect anything different when you decided to order from them? Maybe one day you will learn from your mistakes.
  • Thought I'd add my two-penneth purely to contribute as I read this thread prior to placing an order from 'runnerinn' which I believe is the same company. I'm in the UK and can only speak as I find; the experience was extremely good. Competitive price for a pair of running shoes, decent communication, good tracking information and quick (4 days) delivery. I'd definitely order from them again if the price was right.
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    I have used Bikeinn and they were good. Bike-discount.de are even better. Prompt replies to questions with great English, very fast with sending out orders, returns have always been hassle free for myself.
    As long as you do your research and know what you are buying then I see nothing wrong in using them.
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.