bikeinn.com

limoneboy
limoneboy Posts: 480
edited November 2016 in Road buying advice
hi, anyone used bikeinn.com looking to purchase a big item so wanted some reassurance.

cheers
last month wilier gt -this month ? bh rc1

Comments

• jezzasnr
    jezzasnr Posts: 225
    I ordered some Sidi Genius 5 Pro shoes.
    Great price, bit slow on delivery & not briliant on the communication/order status.
    Overal, OK & would use again if the price was right.
    ....like it's golden
  • limoneboy
    thanks for the reply , i have ordered a bh rc1 at a amazing price ,only wanted the frame as it is apparently as good as the g5 and 840gm for med very light £1385 with shimano 105 . extras just a bonus as i can now have great training bike based on my wilier gt with 105 parts . these bh frames are seriously pretty in matt gray /white and black bb30 and tapered headset and mine should be about 810gm as its a small, excellent reviews too.
  • migrantwing
    migrantwing Posts: 385
    Waste of time, IMO. Ordered some SPD-SL shoes (great price) on the 20th June. Charged me £12 Next Day delivery via DHL overseas. Waited a week and got nothing. Emailed them, took 4 days to reply. Told me that they had emailed me saying that the item wouldn't be in stock until July 15th when they hadn't. Received an email on the 28th June to tell me that the item wasn't in stock and I would have to wait until 15th July for the item to come into stock?!?!?!?! Heard from others who have used bikeinn/tradeinn that it is pointless paying the extra for next day delivery as they would take 3 or 4 days to process your order, then another 2 or 3 days for the order to arrive. So, from date of order, I would have had to wait 6-7 weeks for item to arrive, if I was lucky.

Nothing about the item not being in stock when I proceeded with the order.

Emailed them yesterday asking them to cancel my order, which took about 20 minutes as the first email address sent me an undelivered message reply, (which was the address they asked me to send the email to regarding orders/cancellations) waiting for confirmation/reply.

May just be a stroke of bad luck, but the site was crappy to navigate with glitches all over the place, and not happy to wait so long for an order to arrive.

Best of luck.
    Ghost Race 5000 (2011) Shimano 105 Black
    Carrera TDF (2007)

http://www.bike-discount.de/#

http://www.bike24.com/
  • DanSound
    DanSound Posts: 19
    I had an absolutely awful experience with them!

wrong item sent, charged in wrong currency, hit with import tax and VAT, charged for return postage, lost out again on currency transaction.

Got a refund to cover everything in the end from my credit card company, but the customer service was woeful and rude! Call centre is in Spain or Italy I think I remember.

would never order from them again.

Regards,
    Dan
  • Cubic
    Cubic Posts: 594
    I've had good experiences with them the two times I've used them. I bought a Garmin and some sunglasses and both arrived quickly with no problems. I returned the glasses as I decided I didn't like them. I had to pay for return postage, which is to be expected, but the refund was processed quickly. Maybe I got lucky!!!
  • limoneboy
    "wrong item sent, charged in wrong currency, hit with import tax and VAT, charged for return postage, lost out again on currency transaction."

dansound , i am a bit confused as to why you payed Vat as the vat has already been added to the prices in spain as explained in the sale agreement , did you question that . If you are selling in the eu you have to declare prices including vat ,it should not be payable twice as long as this is declared on the invoice attached to the item i.e. full price minus vat , duty charges are possible needed to be payed.

just curious as to why you were charged.

cheers

ian
  • limoneboy
    well just as an update my bike has arrived took 10 days but only paid for economy postage from spain so well happy.

product bh rc1 is excellent but i knew it would be due to rave reviews and low weight frame and forks 1150g total. forks are actually enve tapered which go for £300+ this was a steal at £1385 delivered with 105 group . only wanted the frame.

happy days
  • jtg1
    jtg1 Posts: 1
    bikeinn.com sucks! i ordered a bike from them, paid, 2 days later they send email saying my order was cancelled as requested. i never cancelled the order and my money was not yet refunded via paypal so i contact them via their pain in the butt web contact form. i tried each day for 5 days til they finally wrote back and simply said they dont ship to my country cus of tax and customs charges. what!?! then why give me a shipping price and let me checkout, morons! they also list things as being in stock which actually arent. they will let you checkout and pay and then email you days later to let you know they dont have the item. stupid incompetant idiots who just want to take you money first and maybe provide you with some sorry service second. dont do it! diveinn, trekinn, motardinn, fishinn, etc... all the same crooks.
  • seanc999
    seanc999 Posts: 1
    I can only agree with so many of the negative comments posted about BikeInn.com. Avoid using this company at all costs. I suspect they are fraudulent. I placed an order for cycling shoes for my son. After a number of days I received an email requesting photographic ID (passport or drivers licence) and the bank's authorisation number. I pointed out to the company that I was not prepared to supply either ID documents as that would seriously compromise my personal data security. They would have my credit card details, security number, address and date of birth - somthing I was not willing to do. I have never been asked for this information from any online seller in the past. The reason I suspect they are a fraudulent outfit is that I have since received another email saying that they have cancelled my order, presumably because I would not provide the copies of ID, and I will need to wait for a refund to be processed. In order words the credit card payment got processed as it normally does without the need for the addition ID/information, they have my money but have since cancelled the order. I have reported them to Mastercard. Please do not make the mistake many of us have in dealing with these frausters. If the price is too good to be true then it normally is. Avoid at all costs.
  • limoneboy
    seanc999 wrote:
    I can only agree with so many of the negative comments posted about BikeInn.com. Avoid using this company at all costs. I suspect they are fraudulent. I placed an order for cycling shoes for my son. After a number of days I received an email requesting photographic ID (passport or drivers licence) and the bank's authorisation number. I pointed out to the company that I was not prepared to supply either ID documents as that would seriously compromise my personal data security. They would have my credit card details, security number, address and date of birth - somthing I was not willing to do. I have never been asked for this information from any online seller in the past. The reason I suspect they are a fraudulent outfit is that I have since received another email saying that they have cancelled my order, presumably because I would not provide the copies of ID, and I will need to wait for a refund to be processed. In order words the credit card payment got processed as it normally does without the need for the addition ID/information, they have my money but have since cancelled the order. I have reported them to Mastercard. Please do not make the mistake many of us have in dealing with these frausters. If the price is too good to be true then it normally is. Avoid at all costs.

Just to say they are not fraudulent ,just very careful about there selling policy , i have parents in spain and work for a for a company based in spain , this is a common occurence over there ,if you buy good they will often ask for i.d. to prove you are who you say, after all , you would do the same if someone came from abroad gave you a cheque and took your bike. transaction number can be optain from your vendor , no risk in giving that , once again quite often asked for ( my wife works in for bank of america thats how i know) . Not great to deal with but are a genuine company and cheap if you can put up with the hastle.
  • Waited 6/7 weeks for a pair of shoes and only now have they admitted they don't know when they will have them in stock.

They've said they will refund the cash but goodness knows how long that will take.

I'd stay clear.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • Consulting these reviews for mild guidance, I thought I should post recent feedback for bikeinn. Despite the 50/50 nature of previous comments, I decided to move forward with a purchase because I couldn't find the colors or style I was looking for elsewhere. The prices were really good. The shipping brought it back closer to normal. But I received confirmation of order immediately. Notification of shipping in 2 days. And products i.e. saddle and pedals arrived within the week. The experience could not have gone smoother. Punctuated by getting exactly what I ordered.

For what it's worth.
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    I've ordered a helmet from them, last thursday. Parcel tracking says it's in Germany atm. Despatch was inside 24 hours.
  • paul1000
    paul1000 Posts: 190
    Had a jersey, bit of a wait but ok.
  • I made the mistake of not checking reviews before ordering from this company. I ordered a Vaude bike bag for my husband and received e-mails that they did not currently have this on stock. Despite that, they charged my credit card. There was no statement about when they estimated that I would receive it. I paid the DHL fee to have it shipped because I wanted it here in time for his birthday. I hear nothing from them after I sent two or three e-mail asking for an order status.

I finally checked online reviews and found out that they habitually send customers the wrong product and make you wait a really long time. So I did what most of the reviews recommended, which was to get my credit card to reverse the charge and cancel the order. I bought something else for my husband and forgot about this. While on vacation, I received an e-mail that they had shipped the bag. And of course I couldn't be there to sign for it because we were vacationing in another state. When I got home, I tried to call Bikeinn to sort things out but could not get through to a human. I asked DHL to return the bag.

Lesson? Just don't do business with this company. Run away!
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Has there been a thread with so many one post comments on ?
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,870
    edited May 2015
    cougie wrote:
    Has there been a thread with so many one post comments on ?

Valid point - bit strange.

Well despite having seen this thread before, I have decided to try and order a couple of pairs of bibshorts from them - paid by paypal on Friday, but still sat at 'awaiting payment' on the website, so not sure what that is about, hoping it will change on the next working day - will update with the results.
    Price is very competitive, the cheapest I could find, so decided the risk was worth it.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • wishitwasallflat
    wishitwasallflat Posts: 2,927
    I bought assos shorts from them last year, no problems at all. Bought some giro mitts this year but they were too small so I returned them and got refund about a week later, again no problems . Paid PayPal for both so surprised to read of others having difficulty.
  • Spatulala
    Spatulala Posts: 291
    Cheap prices, crap service.

Ordered a pair of Nikes for my wife from RunnerInn. Several delays with generic emails meant it took nearly a month for them to arrive. But they arrived eventually, and were the cheapest on the web.

Pay your money and cross your fingers.
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    Seems UK companies are scared of Bikeinn and using this site to knock them down, going by the number of 1 post members! Ordered some Speedplays and a saddle from them a few weeks ago, package was tracked all the way and delivered within 5 days without any problems. I'd happily use them again without hesitation
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    I've had wiggle pricematch them, so if it's something that wiggle also sell it might be worth going down that route.
  • daniel_b
    Prhymeate wrote:
    I've had wiggle pricematch them, so if it's something that wiggle also sell it might be worth going down that route.

That is good to know - Wiggle had a similar item, but not indentical.

Happily, hopefully, my order has changed overnight from 'Awaiting payment' to 'Invoiced and shipped' so would imagine I will have them by midweek - will update this thread either way.

No shipping info yet though.

EDIT: Shipping info received, and package has allegedly left Spain.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    2 pairs of bibs arrived today, well packed and as described. No issues at all.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    So although I like the bibs, the fit is not quite right, so I now have to send them back, so will give a full review of the process - though it's costing me over £16 to send them back with appropriate insurance!

I requested a return number, and was sent one earlier today, had to fill out a form, print it out, and pop it in with the package - hopefully sending it off tomorrow, so should be with them by the end of the week, so hoping the refund will go through early next week.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Not a good development - checked my £16 track and trace status, and it says they attempted delivery, and if the destination does not arrange for collection within 18 days it will be returned to me.

I have messaged them to alert them, if they do not know already, and asked them to sort it out.

I did consider calling them, but will wait until the end of the week to do so if I have not heard anything by then.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • hegyestomi
    hegyestomi Posts: 504
    One reason to use them is that they provide a regular 2 years EU warranty.
    I got my Garmin 800 from there as they had the best price at that time and when I contacted them about a year later they were helpful and made no fuss about the warranty (ended up not sending it back though).
    I also remember that it took a long time to process my payment, probably a week or so I also had the "Awaiting payment" status.
    They may collect the return items once in week, hopefully it will be fine!
  • daniel_b
    Phew it has been delivered!
    Have to see how long the refund takes now.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Refund went through last week - so not to bad an experience, but of course me the postage to get it to me, and then a shed load to send it back with correct insurance - so a reasonably costly way to try shorts out.

Would use them again though if I was confident enough in an item and the price was right, although if Wiggle had it in stock I would go to them for a price match. But overall no quibbles with them.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • I ordered a long sleeve Gabba 2 in red last Friday. I got a message:

Estimated delivery date at your home between Wed. 09 Dec. and Thu. 10 Dec. (tracked delivery).

Having received nothing else ie shipping confirmation or any goods, I contacted them today:

Sorry but we finished our stock of Gabba 2 in red size XL and we are having problems to receive more units and we don't have an exact date about when we will receive them. Do you want another colour or model?

I have replied asking why they only told me this when I chased them and saying I'll have one in black.

Will wait and see what they say.
  • Elfed
    Elfed Posts: 459
    I ordered two pairs of Sportful Total Comfort bib longs in October, took a while to be delivered, around two weeks I think but they were around £72 compared to the £125 here, massive saving!

Once they've been dispatched they provide full tracking information, will definitely use again.