TDF: You are looking forward to...?

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited June 2012 in Pro race
What are you looking forward to seeing in this years Tour?
Personally I'm looking forward to seeing them attack La Planche des Belles Filles...
PROFILKMS.gif
and the Col du Grand Colombier
PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.jpg

Comments

• dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Small bags of Haribo, pictures of sun flowers and the chance for a free fridge magnet or sachet of soap powder. Oh, and Brad ripping it up large.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,929
    2 Irish riders on one tour.

and Peter Sagan
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • sonny73
    Yeh can see Sagan blitzing the field. Was thinking of putting a Wiggins yellow and Sagan green bet down, may do if I can find decent odds.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Also looking forward to Les Planche Des Belles Files as I should be there, in the flesh. :-)

First time at the TdF and I'm super psyched. ;-)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    The crash that puts Cav out of the Olympics ... Nowt against Cav really, just one less Olympic nonsense to deal with ...
  • after following since 1988 I am looking forward to a relaxed affair this year. Watch on the Mont St Clair Sete for the days breakwaway to try and make it to Cap d Agde. Then I am afraid it is all beach in the morning and beers and fish and the Pyrenees stages on TV in the afternoon :)

Next year I am going to follow on bike and see all stages as I have done before as it is the 100th running and goes to every department/region

Then the year after alp stages before doing the madmen of the Ventoux challenge (3 times up and down in one day) on my birthday

Always good to have a plan!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,568
    Like ever year, I look forward most to the avondetappe on NOS 1.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I just look forward to the whole event I love it.

Hopefully seeing a Brit at the top of the podium is what I'm looking forward to most.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,471
    I'm looking forward to Iain's rants about bunch sprints, the 50 page spoiler thread on a sprint stage Cav loses predicting that he is finished as a cyclist, FF telling us how every mountain stage would have been better if the original True Champion was there as he'd have been attacking from the neutralised zone to the finish line and if Wiggins wins all the people who will be saying "yeah but he only one as the parcours suited him and there were better riders missing".
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    2 Irish riders on one tour.

and Peter Sagan

+1. Two scions of the Roche family. Can't wait to see how Martin performs.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Pross wrote:
    I'm looking forward to Iain's rants about bunch sprints, the 50 page spoiler thread on a sprint stage Cav loses predicting that he is finished as a cyclist, FF telling us how every mountain stage would have been better if the original True Champion was there as he'd have been attacking from the neutralised zone to the finish line and if Wiggins wins all the people who will be saying "yeah but he only one as the parcours suited him and there were better riders missing".

Cheers Pross, you've summarised 3 weeks of prorace forum for me, now I can ignore the forum and concentrate on the racing.
  • Lightning
    Lightning Posts: 360
    Pross wrote:
    This made me smile :)
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • sonny73
    Is that the show hosted by Mart Smeets? I remember watching it in 2008 if that is the case, as the chalet we were in, in Les Deux Alpes had NOS on the satellite. I seem to recall a lot of mood lighting, red wine and a review of the days events... enjoyed what I understood of it. Mart's soothing tones and Boogerd was on it too.
  • sonny73
    Nice, cheers for posting that, will watch that tonight.
  • Gazzaputt wrote:

Hopefully seeing a Brit at the top of the podium is what I'm looking forward to most.

not really - just a worthy winner
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,471
    Gazzaputt wrote:

No, that's what you're looking forward to, Gazzaputt is looking forward to a Brit winning!
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I'm looking forward to Wiggins telling ITV that he's a Virgin Media customer as Sky gives him the creeps.

Actually, looking forward to the Jura stages. If someone wants to go for it, they could throw up some good racing. Which probably means some kind of tedious procession all day in reality
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Pross wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:

No, that's what you're looking forward to, Gazzaputt is looking forward to a Brit winning!
    I read it twice and read ' what you should be looking forward to most' - time for a break! :shock: :)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,568
    Sonny73 wrote:
    Is that the show hosted by Mart Smeets? I remember watching it in 2008 if that is the case, as the chalet we were in, in Les Deux Alpes had NOS on the satellite. I seem to recall a lot of mood lighting, red wine and a review of the days events... enjoyed what I understood of it. Mart's soothing tones and Boogerd was on it too.

That's the one.
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    'Thor puts the hammer down' ah shame he's not riding tho...
    'suitcase of courage'
    'big ...'
    'Indeed Phil'
    'unbelievable'
    'heads of state'
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • edhornby wrote:
    'suitcase of courage'
    'big ...'
    'Indeed Phil'
    'unbelievable'
    'heads of state'

he's certainly done his job of work there

Nibali is asking them some questions and the answer is not today Vincenzo
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    edhornby wrote:
    'suitcase of courage'
    'big ...'
    'Indeed Phil'
    'unbelievable'
    'heads of state'

he's certainly done his job of work there

Nibali is asking them some questions and the answer is not today Vincenzo

Dont forget 'The Sport of Professional Bike Racing'
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    I am looking forward to the inevitable cheese and meat-based feast to accompany one of the weekend stages which will be on all day.

Also the fact that it starts in Liege is a good excuse to drink belgian beer as a regional tie-in.

Also looking forward to Harmon's excitability right at the start, as if we're all mates and its been a while etc
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,308
    I'm looking forward to:
    trying to find an internet connection to check progress/results, or trying to catch 5 seconds on the news, or trying to find someone that gives a toss that knows what's happened today and failing in all three and having to settle for reading the stage write up in The Guardian the next day.

Yes, I'm on holiday in the backwardsness of the West Country, again.

I'm actually quite glad, as though I'd love to watch it, I wouldn't want to wreck a family holiday glued to the TV/Computer. I know, my priorities are seriously skewed....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • domhopson
    domhopson Posts: 259
    Pross wrote:

There are better riders missing this year though. But you can only beat the field you're competing against!!
  • domhopson wrote:
    Pross wrote:

There are better riders missing this year though. But you can only beat the field you're competing against!!

better for a reason
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    What is considered the queen stage? 16?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Sonny73 wrote:

That's the one.

Used to watch it every year, until NOS encryptions became to tough to crack.
    Nice big glasses of red wine, open air, dusk falling, "guest stars" chat and the smoochy frenchie music fade out.
    Wonderful stuff, sadly missed. :(
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    BikingBernie's doping related posts on each stage spoiler :roll: