Pain in the proverbial

Mike67
Mike67 Posts: 585
I did a 25TT this morning and had a right pain in the backside afterwards, so much so it was painful to sit in the car afterwards.
More specifically it was the left, and I think it's referred to as the glute. Quite a deep seated pain if that makes any sense.

I did have it once before (also after a TT) also on the left side and put it down to chance and maybe pushing too hard etc.

Any ideas what's caused this (I assume it's position related) and why just on one side????
It's got me non-plussed.
Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
Lots of bits

Comments

• d87heaven
    d87heaven Posts: 348
    Hamstring strain, trigger points, sciatic nerve irratation, piriformis tightness.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    d87heaven wrote:
    Hamstring strain, trigger points, sciatic nerve irratation, piriformis tightness.

Oh dear..sounds like I'm terminal :D

I'm guessing then, it could be one of many things...probably just getting too old for this TT lark :?
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits
  • daveyroids
    daveyroids Posts: 223
    I was guessing sciatic nerve, due to your TT position / saddle or both.

Suppose when doing TT's it can be quite an extreme position to keep for around an hour.think what I would do is check that I'm sitting on the bike without any twists in my posture by going on the turbo and getting someone to glare at me. If my saddle was fine for me and there was nothing wrong with my position or bike, I would raise the bars a touch to put me in a better position. Think the other thing I would look at is my cleat position if it only affected one side.

Mind as you probably tell from my guess work above I'm no expert on this. This is just what I would try. I'm sure someone will come along with a much better answer.