Bottled it

2»

Comments

• lighty89
    lighty89 Posts: 183
    Thats nothing... I have done more than that on my old shitty Diamondback.
    MTB - VooDoo Bantu
    Commuter - Raleigh Grande
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    If you want a 'proper' roll out go to Foel Gasnach and ride Track 1, the roll out at the end of that is terrifying.

Nelsonimages_oNeal_shoot_8-471x595.jpg
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Majski wrote:
    If you want a 'proper' roll out go to Foel Gasnach and ride Track 1, the roll out at the end of that is terrifying.

Nelsonimages_oNeal_shoot_8-471x595.jpg
    Not exactly red grade xc is it?
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Majski
    Nope, I wasn't implying it was. I was just noting it was a roll out, and it's terrifying! Take a chillaxative
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    No that looks more like the gisburn roll in in the vid.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    I'd say same gradient as Gisburn but longer, Gizzy one is about 1/2 that full length.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    cooldad wrote:
    But you'll be amazed at what a bike can get down, they are normally a lot more competent than the rider.

Very true. I have been sat at the top of drops and worried, then taken the plunge and the bike thinks nothing of it.

Reminds me of a lesson I learned when I was young and went abseiling - just about to lean over the edge and every instinct in me was screaming not to do it, but I just did it anyway and in that moment realised that actually we can make ourselves do anything (provided its physically possible) that we choose to, if we just have enough will power. A lesson that has helped me through alot in life and allows me the ability to roll over many of these drops on my bike even if I have to talk a gulp first!
  • Rushmore
    Rushmore Posts: 674
    oodboo wrote:
    At work and youtube is blocked, is this anything like the slab at Dalbeattie?

CLASSIC! :lol:

by the talk on here you think it is... but no... it's NOTHING like The Slab..
    Always remember.... Wherever you go, there you are.

Ghost AMR 7500 2012
    De Rosa R838
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Majski wrote:
    You might be interested to learn that this is the "beginners" section.
  • Majski
    Yeah i'm not suggesting anyone goes and rides down it, could end messily!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    It doesn't really go away ime... My brain's my worst enemy. where it gets really interesting is when you've just committed to a feature, and the only thing that can possibly go wrong is if you brake, and your brain goes JESUS CHRIST! BRAAAAAAKE!, and you crash.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Haha, reminded me of something... you should get a t shirt similar to this :)

fenton-the-dog-thumb-300x300-146410.jpg
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Northwind wrote:
    It doesn't really go away ime... My brain's my worst enemy. where it gets really interesting is when you've just committed to a feature, and the only thing that can possibly go wrong is if you brake, and your brain goes JESUS CHRIST! BRAAAAAAKE!, and you crash.

That is the hardest thing to unlearn, that feeling of needing to touch the brake, I did it twice on Sunday, no idea why but I did and came off both times.

I never brake in corners but I did Sunday!!!!
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2