downhill/freeride

2»

Comments

• Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    by the description of the trails he's planning to ride i'd say pretty much any modern mountain bike should cope unless he's 20 stone
  • burgess87
    burgess87 Posts: 15
    I might be doing poncy trails to begin with but I'm goin to move on at some point and do a lot more demanding trails. Each to there own I say really that's all I can get from any of the points made. I just wanna ride and get into all the downhill free ride just wanna ride that's all, so maybe if some one can just give me a decent frame to work off that would be great.
  • Majski
    Majski Posts: 443
    Well if you really want to get into downhill buy an 8 inch travel downhill bike and you'll quickly get used to the read suspension. It'll be worth it in the long run. Which bike heavily depends on your budget though.
  • burgess87
    burgess87 Posts: 15
    Prob be around 2 2500 grand something like that anyway I'm building it up so, can't really seem to find a bike with the group set on it an wheels and tyres
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    You want to get into DH? You have 2.5k to spend - Simples but personally as you're int he UK and dont have a lift or that many long shuttle runs to get to I'd be more inclined to go for its sister

Or any one of the other thousands of bikes suitable for the job you want it to do.

If you insist on a HT with a long fork then a BFe, 456, Blue Pig, Sovereign or similar would be good too.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    You want to get into DH? You have 2.5k to spend - Simples but personally as you're int he UK and dont have a lift or that many long shuttle runs to get to I'd be more inclined to go for its sister

Or any one of the other thousands of bikes suitable for the job you want it to do.

If you insist on a HT with a long fork then a BFe, 456, Blue Pig, Sovereign or similar would be good too.

Scalp is very good value. I wouldn't go for the Mega if you intend to ride hard, I have met a few people who have snapped the chain stays on them.