Forks for 2006/7 prototype orange 5

2»

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Way I see it, if it was the dogs danglies then every one would have it, assuming there's no patent of course!

My revs were very reliable for the first 10 months then seized completely and tf tuned completely buggered them and wanted nothing to do with them after, so now I have a fork which rides pretty much rock hard or dives on anything bigger than a pebble, no matter what the setup is, the sooner I get shot of them, the better! in the same time period with probably more miles, the foxs haven't missed a beat.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Send them to me, I'll sort them.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    That sounds a bit off, i'd want them sorted or replaced at 10 months old. Pretty shoddy. Did you follow it up after they farked them?
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Yep chased them up and wanted nothing to do with them. Similar thing happened to a mates RP3 they serviced, fitted the wrong seal and it had a knocking afterwards, midway through the stroke. Basically it wasn't great service from them for his and my revs seals were fitted so badly they actually ate the sag o-ring and pulled it into the lowers, requiring a full strip down which I got a friend to do for me, cos they just didn't wanna hear it.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Yikes. Bit of a shame.
  • LAUNCH69
    LAUNCH69 Posts: 119
    LAUNCH69 wrote:
    The problem is that Fox forks are CONSIDERABLY more expensive . . . :shock:
    Would Rct3s be the best choice or would RLTs suffice?
    I like the idea of kashmina coatings and fit dampers BUT it seems to double the price of the fork . ..

Erm,
    I read through the discussion above and sort of followed it . . . .
    I was just wondering about the pros and cons of RCTs vs RLTs
    Specialized Rockhopper

Bike is still better than the rider . . .
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    RCT3 gets Black Box technology ie two damper circuits for compression. This allows it to deal with bigger hits more effectively. But the adjustment is different - standard RLT has a low speed compression adjuster, with an adjustable blow off valve. RCT3 has the same low speed adjuster, but instead of having to wind it all the way around to lock the fork, you get a further dial that is labelled open/platform/lock.

It allows you to keep the compression adjustment independant of lockout.

RS website has more info, especially their catalogue.
  • LAUNCH69
    LAUNCH69 Posts: 119
    Cheers Sonic,
    I was just trying to weigh up the costs. If the RCT3s were really worth more, or if a newby to decent air forks would not really benefit.
    Specialized Rockhopper

Bike is still better than the rider . . .