graze.com boxes

2»

Comments

• memsley89
    memsley89 Posts: 247
    phy2sll2 wrote:
    I get 'em on a weekly basis. They solve a problem I had which was: nothing healthy in vending machines or shops within a mile radius of my office, and cycling in everyday so don't want to carry in packed lunches.

This presents a problem in my eyes...
    you exist solely on a graze box for your daily office based sustenance!?
    Surely I'm not the only one who eats a couple of lunches?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I'm rather suspicious of some of the healthy eating claims they're making on the web site. This http://www.graze.com/health/blood-sugar for example looks particularly bogus. As far as I'm aware in order to get a blood sugar chart anything like the "normal office eating" one you'd have to be diabetic.

There also seems to be rather a lot of chocolate in some of the options.

PP

Well it kinda makes sense. The whole idea behind their food is that you eat the contents of the snack box over the course of the working day, in place of lunch I guess.

Thats not how I eat it though :P
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    She is my girlfriend rather than wife, but it's easier than 'my girlfriend' every time I refer to her.

BTW, the flatmate: a twenty-something Aussie triathlete with a tongue stud. Still interesting?

This post means nothing without pics! :wink:
    And probably a whole new thread :mrgreen:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    Mr_Ribble wrote:
    I might launch a rival. How about putting five seperate snacks in a box, in that way you get one a day. (USP innit!)

I'll call it Snackaday and my marketing budget will be spent hiring Timmy Mallet as the face of Snackaday, and the adverts will consist of snack based word association games, an oversized hammer and some plasters.

I like it! I'll give you the full 84p you're asking for, but I'll want 87% of the business!

spl58594_001.jpg
  • McBoom
    McBoom Posts: 78
    I'm rather suspicious of some of the healthy eating claims they're making on the web site. This http://www.graze.com/health/blood-sugar for example looks particularly bogus. As far as I'm aware in order to get a blood sugar chart anything like the "normal office eating" one you'd have to be diabetic.

There also seems to be rather a lot of chocolate in some of the options.

PP

Yes, it's a very misleading chart for various reasons. I'm sure if pressed they'd say it was "symbolic" or something.

Firstly, it's effectively cut off most of the Y axis to make the fluctuations seem large.

Secondly, the idea that people dip into a low blood sugar state between meals is simply false. The body regulates blood sugar very well. It will rise above normal levels after eating, but wont then fall below normal levels after this. Even when you wake up in the morning you still have normal blood sugar, even though you haven't eaten for 12 hours. It takes extreme physical exertion or extended starvation to achieve.

A real blood sugar graph looks something like this:

019852403x.blood-sugar.1.jpg
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Mr_Ribble wrote:
    I might launch a rival. How about putting five seperate snacks in a box, in that way you get one a day. (USP innit!)

I'll call it Snackaday and my marketing budget will be spent hiring Timmy Mallet as the face of Snackaday, and the adverts will consist of snack based word association games, an oversized hammer and some plasters.

I like it! I'll give you the full 84p you're asking for, but I'll want 87% of the business!

spl58594_001.jpg

That'll be the bloke who went from selling choc-ices to running a chain of gyms for fatties who'd clearly eaten too many, erm, choc-ices then. Bannatyne clearly understands the whole supply/demand concept. ;)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Got my free box, then the second half price, and cancelled this morning. Nice titbits, but the equivalent money buys much more of the same from Holland & Barrett.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Mr_Ribble wrote:
    Wrath - do you get a box every day, every week, every month or every time you get scalped (sympathy and energy in one simple package)?
    Once a week, which works out at about the same as scalpage ;)
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.