impact on commuting if we have successful Tdf/Olympics road?

2»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    FFS - why don't they let it lie? I've never known anybody hounded so much for so long. Cycling is its own worst enemy.

He's got Congregational medals and a lot of money for it - and the authorities reckon he's cheated, persuaded others to cheat, been in possession of illegal drugs and has conspired to cover it up.

The authorities are pursuing like they would anyone else - the only difference is we know about every stage because it's USP and Armstrong.

The charges here are more about Bruyneel and the doctors than just Armstrong. That's the newer development. Everything relating to Armstrong in the doc we've heard before - just it hadn't been followed up on yet.

I personally think it will bring closure on the 15 or so years where doping ruled totally.
  • Even though I have very strong views on this, i'm not sure the LA posts are relavent here, go over to Pro Race to discuss.

Will it stop nodders picking up a bike and helping the modal shift of road traffic, no.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Even though I have very strong views on this, i'm not sure the LA posts are relavent here, go over to Pro Race to discuss.

Will it stop nodders picking up a bike and helping the modal shift of road traffic, no.

Yeah. It's a shame though.

Rightly or wrongly Bradders would be the perfect poster-boy for Brits for cycling (with the exception of his slightly gimpy appearance on the bike - he's no Cancellara). Likely to be clean, Brit, out-spoken against the shady past - brit team.

Perfect.

Unfortunately I think the news today, if it kicks off / drags on like I expect it to, will cast a long shadow over the Tour - which is a big shame for the guys racing it today - especially Bradders and Evans.